PLEBA Girls Party: New Year, old friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad_Girl said:

exactly, every situation is different - I have my ideas of where you should start looking at the situation from when it comes time to make that decision and all of those lean toward life - but I would not try to force someone to choose to have a child; I;m not naiive enough to even think I could if I was so arrogant as to think I had the right

Sounds like you and I think very similarly on the issue. :)

Sad_Girl said:
Pirates 2 ROCKED in the theatre, VP - it lost a lot of it's 'oomph' in the transition to DVD

The funny thing is, I wasn't overly thrilled with the first one, either....found it really hard to follow, and I actually fell asleep into the first viewing of that, too. :reject: But upon subsequent viewings, I appreciated it, although it's FAR from my most favourite Johnny movie ever.

I'm glad you got that trash off the air VP!

I've stated my opinions on abortion before in this thread. I just wanna add though that along with it being a federal issue (which is hypocritical and inconsistent IMHO) I'm also wary of how much control this country is giving our government. This, and marriage laws should not be federal issues. I wish the gov't would just stay out of our private lives and work on improving other domestic and international relations.

Sad_Girl said:

I melted into a pile of boiling goo when they ripped Orlando's shirt off and whipped him :reject: :lol:

<sadistic, apparently :lol:

Hi Bri! :hug:

Omg, Sarah and I watched that part just rapt, last night. :drool: :lmao: I accused her of cheating on Johnny...she likened it to liking a U2 song, but being able to appreciate songs by other artists, as well. :lmao:

redhotswami said:

I've stated my opinions on abortion before in this thread. I just wanna add though that along with it being a federal issue (which is hypocritical and inconsistent IMHO) I'm also wary of how much control this country is giving our government. This, and marriage laws should not be federal issues. I wish the gov't would just stay out of our private lives and work on improving other domestic and international relations.

:yes: :up: I agree

Hi Bri and welcome back FB!:hug: :hug:

I'm off for now ladies.:sad: I have a 2 hour drive back home from my aunt and uncle's house, so I have to be up pretty early in the morning. I'll talk to you tomorrow sometime!:kiss:

Sad_Girl said:

keep reading and hopefully you will see that I never said that - and I know a woman who has had Multiple abortions, it's no more than going to the dentist or the eye doctor for her

I wouldn't take away the right nor would I judge someone who made the choice - no matter how wrong I personally feel it is, I understand that I have no right to choose for someone else

I do, however, hope and wish and pray that the whacked out right-to-lifers don't turn people away from learning more about abortion and what it really is because they go so far in trying to push them away from the decision - I hope that makes sense, I'm not sure about the wording here

I also think when a woman becomes a mother (at conception) she loses the right to put herself first - the baby should always be the first considered, the one whose rights are most protected

and if you get pregnant then you did not do everything in your power to prevent it - otherwise it wouldn't happen - you make decisions aware of the potential consequences

well i think the kind of woman who thinks of abortion is a small group and that i'd find horrible.

But there is not fool proff contreception yet---except geting a vastcetomy or your tubes tied.

I've lived through TOO much of my parentds and sis having too mant surgies to have ANY surgery [other that tooth related} unless it was ABSOULUTELY neccessary! :yikes: :yikes:

Otherwise all other contraceptionmethods have some small percent5age of fsailure [some have sa higfher rate]

So then that thinking would prevednt me from experrinces at least one Major sev act then............ not too many men out there that would be just satisfieed with fancy hand work :wink: or oral sex alone all the rtime.

That denys my my ful himan eright of sexuality..........most religions have always ben afrisad of women's sexuality.

and like one line goes...... "if MEN got PREGNANT.it'd be a Sacrement" OR at least Quite allowed............

redhotswami said:

Thanks. :hug: Like I said earlier, and I expressed to the station manager, it's one of the most difficult decisions a woman could ever make, and I just hated to think that it would be coloured by lies. :( I could literally picture some young girl wringing her hands, listening to it. The same organization had another ad on, much less offensive and not filled with lies. At first, when the manager didn't seem like he was going to give in on either ad, I told him it was the lies I objected to, and if he wanted to continue running the non-lying one, that was fine with me (that one basically said: Abortion! it's not just between you and your doctor - call us!)...while I don't agree with that one, at least they're not overtly lying and scaring the shit out of vulnerable young women. :(

redhotswami said:

Pierre Trudeau put it best near the beginning of his time as Prime Minister - "The state has no place in the bedrooms of the nation." :heart:

You make your decisions and live with the consequences of those decisions - the choice to have sex results in the possibility of pregnancy - it's as simple as that - there's no grey area here; this is how it happens - do it and take your chances. Sex is great, but it's not a need like breathing or eating. I think there is too much emphasis put on the need for sexuality in our culture; it doesn't have to be denied but it isn't so essential that you aren't a complete person without it

dazzledbylight said:

well i think the kind of woman who thinks of abortion is a small group and that i'd find horrible.

But there is not fool proff contreception yet---except geting a vastcetomy or your tubes tied.

I've lived through TOO much of my parentds and sis having too mant surgies to have ANY surgery [other that tooth related} unless it was ABSOULUTELY neccessary! :yikes: :yikes:

Otherwise all other contraceptionmethods have some small percent5age of fsailure [some have sa higfher rate]

So then that thinking would prevednt me from experrinces at least one Major sev act then............ not too many men out there that would be just satisfieed with fancy hand work :wink: or oral sex alone all the rtime.

That denys my my ful himan eright of sexuality..........most religions have always ben afrisad of women's sexuality.

and like one line goes...... "if MEN got PREGNANT.it'd be a Sacrement" OR at least Quite allowed............

in my experience the men you are describing are the minority - most men have much better control and understanding of their own sexual nature than that.

VintagePunk said:

Thanks. :hug: Like I said earlier, and I expressed to the station manager, it's one of the most difficult decisions a woman could ever make, and I just hated to think that it would be coloured by lies. :( I could literally picture some young girl wringing her hands, listening to it. The same organization had another ad on, much less offensive and not filled with lies. At first, when the manager didn't seem like he was going to give in on either ad, I told him it was the lies I objected to, and if he wanted to continue running the non-lying one, that was fine with me (that one basically said: Abortion! it's not just between you and your doctor - call us!)...while I don't agree with that one, at least they're not overtly lying and scaring the shit out of vulnerable young women. :(

It`s all just fricking awful:crack:
that one word
:sad:
I sorry all but I have got to go. Goodnight ladies

dazzledbylight said:

You hit the nail on the head right there, Dazz....if it happened to men, it would be a different story. No more sanctity of life BS...it would be what's convenient for them. :|

Back
Top Bottom