PLEBA Girls Party: New Year, old friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad_Girl said:

The Baby does, for one :lol:

life is life is life ... there are plenty of other choices for that 14 year old to make that don't destroy life

:(
oh dear are you against a women's right to choice?

I was 19 went Roe v Wade was decided.
I remember [thoi i really don't remembewr the answers now] going around to my - it was a big extended family gathering- asking all my aunts * uncles and cousins how they felt.

SG I like you way too much to part company if you are anti-choice

i'll just dsay that .......... i beleive it is a very, VERY personal Choice for the woman. It is uasally a very PAINFUL desicion to for a woman to make.
NO woman gets up one morning and says "gee, I think I'll have an abortion today. "

I've never wanted children and if despite all my birth controll and and the guy {wear that darn raincoat, will ya 4sp in the agewe of more STDs and HIV/AIDS} I got preegent I would have an abortion

I'd have NO INTENTION of having my life disrupted by pregnacy against my will esp IF i did all i could to prevent it!
It would be a mental hardship for me let alone a phydical one.

ANd don't want anyone elese to choose FOR me. noway.
ANd get it done before ther fetus has really developed.............

it IS a damn painful choice to make .......but that's what i'd do.

// hops off soapbox.

i guess we'll have to REALY agree to disagree on this issue!

Last edited:
I'm doing pretty well, thanks. :hug: Earlier today I was moving furniture at my mom's old place, and split my finger apart again, but I didn't even notice at the time. :huh: Seems to be fine now, though. :up: thanks for asking. :)

I"m a little :drunk:

:shh: :shifty:

:kiss:

VintagePunk said:
I'm doing pretty well, thanks. :hug: Earlier today I was moving furniture at my mom's old place, and split my finger apart again, but I didn't even notice at the time. :huh: Seems to be fine now, though. :up: thanks for asking. :)

I"m a little :drunk:

:shh: :shifty:

:kiss:

Again? :kiss:s it! I want a margarita....or a cosmo.:grumpy:

dazzledbylight said:

I remember [thoi i really don't remembewr the answers now] going around to my - it was a big extended family gathering- asking all my aunts * uncles and cousins how they felt.

i'll just dsay that .......... i beleive it is a very, VERY personal Choice for the woman. It is uasally a very PAINFUL desicion to for a woman to make.
NO woman gets up one morning and says "gee, I think I'll have an abortion today. "

I've never wanted children and if despite all my birth controll and and the guy {wear that darn raincoat, will ya 4sp in the agewe of more STDs and HIV/AIDS} I got preegent I would have an abortion

I'd have NO INTENTION of having my life disrupted by pregnacy against my will esp IF i did all i could to prevent it!

?? hops off soapbox.

thats part of why i don't understand why it is a federal issue.

and i don't judge anyone whether they are pro-choice or anti-abortion. so no worries :hug:

my platform is pro-love. :heart: so no room for judging.

dazzledbylight said:

keep reading and hopefully you will see that I never said that - and I know a woman who has had Multiple abortions, it's no more than going to the dentist or the eye doctor for her

I wouldn't take away the right nor would I judge someone who made the choice - no matter how wrong I personally feel it is, I understand that I have no right to choose for someone else

I do, however, hope and wish and pray that the whacked out right-to-lifers don't turn people away from learning more about abortion and what it really is because they go so far in trying to push them away from the decision - I hope that makes sense, I'm not sure about the wording here

I also think when a woman becomes a mother (at conception) she loses the right to put herself first - the baby should always be the first considered, the one whose rights are most protected

and if you get pregnant then you did not do everything in your power to prevent it - otherwise it wouldn't happen - you make decisions aware of the potential consequences

Last edited:
dazzledbylight said:

?? hops off soapbox.

:up:

I'm not sure if you saw in a previous thread, but last week, I managed to get a right-to-life ad that was full of lying bullshit and propaganda removed from an area radio station. The ad explicitly stated that abortion CAUSES suicide and infertility. :mad: Luckily, the station manager, after a few e-mails, agreed that those are lies, and pulled the ads. :up:

SG I think I know what you are saying. Most pro-lifers just scream "ABORTION IS MURDER" without consideration of other people. They have so much compassion for the fetus they never saw, but often times treat the women like absolute dirt.

Is that what you meant?

dazzledbylight said:

:lol: wise words from Dreea from the North! :D

hi :hug:

how did your parents bedspread turn out?

*g* Turned out really well - can't tell you how glad I am to be done with it, and how many times already I've sworn NEVER to do anything that big in that pattern again! :lol:

Mom loves it and Dad really likes it too :)

redhotswami said:

:lol: for real? omg if only! Indian culture is soooooo beautiful. My friend let me try on some of her dresses and they are gorgeous. Of course, the food is to die for. I know there's more to culture than food & dress, but I would have NOT minded growing up eating na'an and wearing pretty sparklies every day :love:

:gigle:

well if you come for a look see to NYC I'll take you to some wonderful and moderatley priced INdian restaurant.

there one that has a lunch buffet for 14.95 that includes BOTH Northern & Southern cuisnes.........

and there some places that make such WONDEWRFUL Uthapams {vegtisria"n panckes" and Dosas thin really big crepes filled up with various lentils. potaotes , onion etc all :drool:

I have the funiest ans sweetest story about Nan bread there is!

redhotswami said:

It did. Seriously. I was in my car waiting for Sarah, and I heard it. All I could think of is poor young scared, confused girls hearing it. :mad: It seriously pissed me off. I'm firmly pro-choice, and to hear lying manipulations like that angered me beyond belief.

I was young and unmarried when I was pregnant, and didn't choose abortion. The thought never entered my mind, actually, and until I discovered I was pregnant, I did not want kids AT ALL. But for me, it was like this maternal thing just kicked into being, and I knew it was right. And now I have the most awesome kid ever in the entire history of the world. :) But to take that choice away from other women? Never. But to LIE to them about it? That's fucking pathetic, and not something I'm going to take sitting down. :| I had to do something. There are enough reasons NOT to abort without creating lies about it. :|

redhotswami said:
SG I think I know what you are saying. Most pro-lifers just scream "ABORTION IS MURDER" without consideration of other people. They have so much compassion for the fetus they never saw, but often times treat the women like absolute dirt.

Is that what you meant?

exactly, every situation is different - I have my ideas of where you should start looking at the situation from when it comes time to make that decision and all of those lean toward life - but I would not try to force someone to choose to have a child; I;m not naiive enough to even think I could if I was so arrogant as to think I had the right

VintagePunk said:

It did. Seriously. I was in my car waiting for Sarah, and I heard it. All I could think of is poor young scared, confused girls hearing it. :mad: It seriously pissed me off. I'm firmly pro-choice, and to hear lying manipulations like that angered me beyond belief.

I was young and unmarried when I was pregnant, and didn't choose abortion. The thought never entered my mind, actually, and until I discovered I was pregnant, I did not want kids AT ALL. But for me, it was like this maternal thing just kicked into being, and I knew it was right. And now I have the most awesome kid ever in the entire history of the world. :) But to take that choice away from other women? Never. But to LIE to them about it? That's fucking pathetic, and not something I'm going to take sitting down. :| I had to do something. There are enough reasons NOT to abort without creating lies about it. :|

I read about that, and I am very glad to hear that you spoke up :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom