Pleba Girls Party - Midnight is where the day begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brendan Fehr :combust: He's the only non-u2 member on my 'list' :combust:

and he was actually in a U2 video once :wink:

Good movies he's been in:
"On the Edge of Madness"
"Forsaken"
"Biker Boyz"

and of course as Michael in Roswell
and the football player in the 'Stuck in a moment' video :D

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:
I wish the still played Roswell reruns....:sigh:

It was a good show :up:

Put me in the reject box :reject: and call me a geek, but ...

I still miss The X-Files. :shh:

It was one of the best damn shows of all time. Until David Duchovny left, anyway.

:shifty:

methos20.jpg

:cute: :drool:

My crush on him lessened years ago, but I still think he's cute.
:reject:

sami0201 said:

I know...now out of nowhere Caitlin is 15 :lmao: :huh:

:lol: About the speech...Sarah doesn't watch the show Everwood does she?

*thinking about Bright's speech to his girlfriend* :cute: :heart:

Okay, here's the speech. Lane is a teenage girl from a strict, religious Korean family, in Dave's band.

DAVE: I'm here to see your mother.

LANE: What?

DAVE: Excuse me.

LANE: Dave, Dave, wait!

[Dave walks into the house and over to Mrs. Kim]

DAVE: Excuse me, Mrs. Kim, I need to speak with you.

MRS. KIM: I'm busy, David.

DAVE: A few weeks ago you told me that Lane had a crush on me. Well, I have a crush on her, too. Now, I know you have very strict rules about dating and boys, but I just want you to know that I'm a good person. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I've never gotten a ticket, I'm healthy, I take care of myself, I floss. I never watch more than 30 minutes of television a night partly because I think it's a waste of time and partly because there's nothing on. I respect my parents, I do well in school, I never play video games in case they do someday prove that playing them can turn you into a serial killer. I don't drink coffee. I hate soda because the carbonation freaks me out. I'm happy to give up meat if you feel strongly about it. I don't mind wearing a tie. I enjoy playing those hymns on my guitar, and I really, really want to take your daughter to the prom.

[Mrs. Kim doesn't say anything]

DAVE: Mrs. Kim? Please don't make me repeat that list again.

MRS. KIM: Let never day nor night unhallow'd pass, but still remember what the Lord hath done.

DAVE: Okay, thank you.

[Dave and Lane walk outside.]

DAVE: Did you hear what she said?

LANE: Yes, I did.

DAVE: What did it mean?

LANE: I don't know.

DAVE: Was it a yes, was it a no?

LANE: I'm not sure.

DAVE: Well, it's gotta be from the bible, right? So I'll just go home, do some research, look on the Internet, see what I can find. I'll call you when I know something.

LANE: Okay.

[He kisses her, then leaves]

LANE: I'm so writing him a song tonight.

(later in the show)

[Lane starts to go up to her room. The doorbell rings and Mrs. Kim answers the door. Dave is on the porch]

DAVE: I stayed up all night. I read the entire bible cover to cover. I don't know what it means.

MRS. KIM: David.

DAVE: You have to tell me what it means. Is it yes, is it no? I can't feel my right elbow anymore. I don't even know why, but I can't.

DAVE: Please, just tell me. I'm so tired.

MRS. KIM: It's not from the bible.

DAVE: What?

MRS. KIM: It's Shakespeare, Henry VI. I like to goof off now and then, too, you know.

DAVE: Shakespeare.

MRS. KIM: That is a very difficult this to do, reading the bible in one night. I myself have only done it three times. You need great determination and excellent light. I'm very impressed. All right.

DAVE: All right what?

MRS. KIM: You can go to the prom, but you cannot get married.

DAVE: That seems fair to me.

LANE: And me! The person who is going upstairs to think about what she's done.

MRS. KIM: Lane is grounded until the prom and for two months after. You may call her on the phone every other day for ten minutes and that is all. Understand?

DAVE: Yes, ma'am. Thank you, Mrs. Kim.

:love: :love: :heart:

VintagePunk said:

Okay, here's the speech. Lane is a teenage girl from a strict, religious Korean family, in Dave's band.

DAVE: I'm here to see your mother.

LANE: What?

DAVE: Excuse me.

LANE: Dave, Dave, wait!

[Dave walks into the house and over to Mrs. Kim]

DAVE: Excuse me, Mrs. Kim, I need to speak with you.

MRS. KIM: I'm busy, David.

DAVE: A few weeks ago you told me that Lane had a crush on me. Well, I have a crush on her, too. Now, I know you have very strict rules about dating and boys, but I just want you to know that I'm a good person. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I've never gotten a ticket, I'm healthy, I take care of myself, I floss. I never watch more than 30 minutes of television a night partly because I think it's a waste of time and partly because there's nothing on. I respect my parents, I do well in school, I never play video games in case they do someday prove that playing them can turn you into a serial killer. I don't drink coffee. I hate soda because the carbonation freaks me out. I'm happy to give up meat if you feel strongly about it. I don't mind wearing a tie. I enjoy playing those hymns on my guitar, and I really, really want to take your daughter to the prom.

[Mrs. Kim doesn't say anything]

DAVE: Mrs. Kim? Please don't make me repeat that list again.

MRS. KIM: Let never day nor night unhallow'd pass, but still remember what the Lord hath done.

DAVE: Okay, thank you.

[Dave and Lane walk outside.]

DAVE: Did you hear what she said?

LANE: Yes, I did.

DAVE: What did it mean?

LANE: I don't know.

DAVE: Was it a yes, was it a no?

LANE: I'm not sure.

DAVE: Well, it's gotta be from the bible, right? So I'll just go home, do some research, look on the Internet, see what I can find. I'll call you when I know something.

LANE: Okay.

[He kisses her, then leaves]

LANE: I'm so writing him a song tonight.

(later in the show)

[Lane starts to go up to her room. The doorbell rings and Mrs. Kim answers the door. Dave is on the porch]

DAVE: I stayed up all night. I read the entire bible cover to cover. I don't know what it means.

DAVE: You have to tell me what it means. Is it yes, is it no? I can't feel my right elbow anymore. I don't even know why, but I can't.

DAVE: Please, just tell me. I'm so tired.

MRS. KIM: It's not from the bible.

DAVE: What?

MRS. KIM: It's Shakespeare, Henry VI. I like to goof off now and then, too, you know.

DAVE: Shakespeare.

MRS. KIM: That is a very difficult this to do, reading the bible in one night. I myself have only done it three times. You need great determination and excellent light. I'm very impressed. All right.

DAVE: All right what?

MRS. KIM: You can go to the prom, but you cannot get married.

DAVE: That seems fair to me.

LANE: And me! The person who is going upstairs to think about what she's done.

MRS. KIM: Lane is grounded until the prom and for two months after. You may call her on the phone every other day for ten minutes and that is all. Understand?

DAVE: Yes, ma'am. Thank you, Mrs. Kim.

:love: :love: :heart:

Omgosh! I remember that now! :love: :heart:!

Sad_Girl said:

Who is it?

An actor, Peter Wingfield
He's been in quite a few tv shows.

VP, I :heart: that speech of David's! That "I don't drink, I don't watch more than 30 minutes of TV," :blahblah: part where he's trying so hard to impress Mrs. Kim reminds me of Lloyd Dobler's big speech in Say Anything.

And where Mrs. Kim quotes that Biblical-sounding Shakespeare passage to him? I didn't recognize it as Shakespeare either! :huh:

Joanne, you watch it too?? :heart: We just got that season on dvd for Christmas, but I let Sarah lend it to a friend before we got a chance to watch it. :angry:

SG, I really hope you're feeling better soon. :hug:

Alright, that does it - time to show off two members of the HOT Kiwi brigade :drool:

1)Marton Csokas - Celeborn in LOTR (though being blond doesn't suit him), Yorgi in xXx ( :combust: ), Jarda in Bourne Supremacy (the German(?) who got to beat the hell out of Matt Damon), Guy de Lusignan in Kingdom of Heaven, Trevor Goodchild in Aeon Flux ( :combust: )

yorgimorning.jpg

Photobucket :banghead:

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:
Joanne, you watch it too?? :heart: We just got that season on dvd for Christmas, but I let Sarah lend it to a friend before we got a chance to watch it. :angry:

SG, I really hope you're feeling better soon. :hug:

No, I watch hardly any TV (basically Desperate Housewives, 24 and Lost) ... but since that speech was so cute, maybe I should take a look at that series.

And feel better soon, SG. :hug: :wave:

Back
Top Bottom