Pleba Girls Party - Just keep posting, posting, posting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jobob said:

They showed film clips of his guest editorship :combust:

I really like editors :wink:

hot stuff, then?! :drool:

:wink:

:lol:
When I worked on magazines in the "hot Type" era........ I'd be
cutting & pasting things down to like even commas & periods.
:ohmy:

In fact one of the editor guys .......:hmm: .............
........could be a meld [visualy] of Ads & Lars-- IF they were kind of like Leather Men. {ie Edges's "POP" uniform}

dazzledbylight said:

hot stuff, then?! :drool:

:wink:

When I worked on magazines in the "hot Type" era........ I'd be
cutting & pasting things down to like even commas & periods.
:ohmy:

In fact one of the editor guys .......:hmm: .............
........could be a meld [visualy] of Ads & Lars-- IF they were kind of like Leather Men. {ie Edges's "POP" uniform}

Bono's always hot stuff. :wink:

At my college newspaper back in the day, I tried, really tried, to learn how to do paste up. I was not good at it. :no: Computers do most of that work now.

jobob said:

Bono's always hot stuff. :wink:

At my college newspaper back in the day, I tried, really tried, to learn how to do paste up. I was not good at it. :no: Computers do most of that work now.

It DOES take a certain kind of patience, AND excellent minute hand/eye coordination!

Let's here for Word! PageMaker! etc etc! :D

dazzledbylight said:

It DOES take a certain kind of patience, AND excellent minute hand/eye coordination!

Let's here for Word! PageMaker! etc etc! :D

That was my problem, thinking back: I didn't have the eye/hand coordination necessary.

I'm amazed at how desktop publishing programs can format a page so well and so quickly -- considering how I used to struggle to do layouts the old-fashoned way. I'm just not a graphic artist.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

When I heard that....I thought of you guys with pitchforks and torches :giggle:

To be fair, she has a better shot at him than I do.

:imagines plebans now turning the pitchforks and torches on me:

jobob said:

That was my problem, thinking back: I didn't have the eye/hand coordination necessary.

I'm amazed at how desktop publishing programs can format a page so well and so quickly -- considering how I used to struggle to do layouts the old-fashoned way. I'm just not a graphic artist.

I'm coming back as an Art Director in my next life. Or a librarian. :wink:

I love Word for typography & light to medium graphic design.
tho I caN MAKE a hell of a illustration in WQordf's Draw Sub-program!
I did one that fooled my computer art teacher.HE thot it had been done in ??? Abode Illustrator! :D :D :D

and of course :heart: Phptoshop & Corell[fractal design] Painter! :drool: :drool:

:hug: :wave:

Well, I USED to be an editor until May 5th, when my magazine project folded. I'm now a full-time Circ Clerk who needs a part-time job, fast! Damn bills...:madspit:

Anyway, hope all is well with everyone here. I've spent a lot of Internet time at Second Life, which is extremely addictive. Jo, I'm probably going to start serving as a reference librarian at a virtual library there soon on a volunteer basis. I told them I'm 7/12ths through my degree and they said I qualify to do so! At least I can be a librarian in a virtual world!!!

Hi Dazz! I'm okay but money is a major issue. But that's been the case for a long time now!

A patron came by today with her daughters, and they were checking out biographies of Bill and Hillary Clinton and books on the Presidents. Turns out they're going to a fund-raiser for Hillary, and both are going to be there--and Christina Aguilera too! Even though I'm an Edwards supporter, that is really cool! I told them to tell me all about it.

Diane, I did open up a Second Life account but have hardly used it. You'll have to PM me sometime and tell me which island your virtual library is on and if they're hiring. :wink:

I haven't made up my mind yet about which candidate to support. It seems too early for me to pick one.

I just wish our country would get rid of the Electorial Vote system and elect our president by popular vote -- but that's another issue.

As Dazz just said, sorry about the money issues. :hug:

Thanks, everyone. :hug: Things will get better, but I have to make them so.

There's a new Kinko's near me that I want to apply at, because then I'll become a copy expert. The copy machines are right beside the Circ Desk at the library, and patrons always ask about reducing/enlarging images and such. If I work at Kinko's, I'll become a copying genius!

Actually, Diane, that does sound like a pretty good plan.

Thanks for the PM (I'd slipped away to do something else for a few minutes).

I do need to go to bed. Long day tomorrow, and it's already way past my bedtime. Good night, all. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom