Pleba girls' party.......It's Susan's special 10,000!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diane L said:

I know, we HAVE to meet in Boston, Joanne!!! Who else will understand our mutual obsessions with U2 AND the Dewey Decimal System!!!!!!

Not to mention the Library of Congress system. Can't forget that. :wink:

"The Dewey Decimal System. What a scam that was." -- Kramer, "Seinfeld"

Tries to think of which classification to put Bono in ... "Bono in Conversation" is obviously biography, but the man himself ... :hmm:

Part of it is, I guess, most people don't realize how many people die because of the winter. By February, I'm praying so hard for spring to come it's ridiculous. Car accidents, the cold... I really wonder sometimes why anyone every settled in the northern climates at all

Sad_Girl said:

Clearly you've never suffered through a northern michigan winter! :lol:

Buildings collapsing beneath the weight of the snow. Miles between you and the nearest store. can't afford to turn the furnace up past 64 degrees because the cost of natural gas has spiked... clear ice encsing your car so thoroughly that you can NOT get inside of it...

Snowmobiles are standard transportation for six months out of the year

Shall I go on? :lol:

but I'm not so sure I'd like a hurricane any better :wink:

i've heard about them.....:yikes:

jobob said:

Tries to think of which classification to put Bono in ... "Bono in Conversation" is obviously biography, but the man himself ... :hmm:

I have to write down the OCLC entry for Bono. It's interesting because they have many names for him: Bono, 1960-, Bono Vox, 1960, Paul Hewson, 1960- and they might have him as Paul David Hewson, 1960- too, although I'm not sure about that last one. I can bring it up at the computer at the circ desk.

What is thia dewey decimal system you speak of? :confused:

I know SG! That's what always baffles me! :huh: why anyone would want to actually choose to live in such a freezing environment baffles me! :der: MADNESS!

I heard a report on my local station say that our winter is set to be a cold one after 10 years of mild ones apparently :madspit: i SO hope they have that prediction wrong!!! :scream:

No i'll take lovely hot weather over cold anytime! :yes:

Sad_Girl said:
Part of it is, I guess, most people don't realize how many people die because of the winter. By February, I'm praying so hard for spring to come it's ridiculous. Car accidents, the cold... I really wonder sometimes why anyone every settled in the northern climates at all

Because they were crazy?

:wink:

What I don't get is why cars don't run as well in our winters when cars are designed in a state with tough winter weather! Hello, cars are made here! So why aren't they built to handle a typical Michigan winter?

And winter isn't quite as bad in southern Michigan as it is in northern Michigan. But it's bad enough.

jobob said:

I love the lib of Congress building :D

jobob said:

sex manuals section :drool: :drool: :drool:

then roll him on a book cart over to humitarian section :D
]
after that Irish rock band section

the man gets around :sexywink:

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:

i've heard enuff scary stories or reports from other radio stations

Sad_Girl said:
Nobody else thinks my Adam Avatar looks like Dick Cheney, do they? :yikes: :crazy:

Oh, Jesus, no!!!!! NOOOOO!!!!

There is hardly anything those two men have in common except being male.

Adam = everything that is good and delightful and magnificent in the world.

Cheney = everything that is bad and despicable and twisted in the world.

Can you tell I'm not a conservative? :lmao:

I'm off to bed girls so nite all&thanx for your pix earlier Bri! :heart:

Hope to receive your email finally soon Bri! :wink:

Diane L said:

I have to write down the OCLC entry for Bono. It's interesting because they have many names for him: Bono, 1960-, Bono Vox, 1960, Paul Hewson, 1960- and they might have him as Paul David Hewson, 1960- too, although I'm not sure about that last one. I can bring it up at the computer at the circ desk.

OCLC ought to list Bono under that last name, considering it is his real name. :lol:

I'm too lazy right now to find my lost and slightly outdated book of cataloging rules, but considering Bono's also used his stage name as his pen name, wouldn't catalog entries for his work be made under "Bono"?

Susan: The Dewey Decimal System is a system of classifying and organizing books in a library. It's one of the two major systems used in the U.S., and in many other places in the world.

jobob said:

OCLC ought to list Bono under that last name, considering it is his real name. :lol:

I'm too lazy right now to find my lost and slightly outdated book of cataloging rules, but considering Bono's also used his stage name as his pen name, wouldn't catalog entries for his work be made under "Bono"?

Susan: The Dewey Decimal System is a system of classifying and organizing books in a library. It's one of the two major systems used in the U.S., and in many other places in the world.

Well, when I look up books on Bono as a subject, I get three entries. I haven't tried looking up Paul Hewson, but I'll do so when it gets slow at the circ desk.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Jo! :)

And i'm glad to hear you're not a conservative Diane! :D

~BrightestStar~ said:

:hug: :heart:
Nature is unpredictable. I'm sure it'll turn out fine, and that your parents are keepong an eye on things.

:hug: we are all keeping an eye on things, but there's not anything anyone can do, that's the bad thing!

someone come with me to Miami 2!! :sad: I'm serious, I'll give you the ticket!! I don't know how I'm going because I can't find anyone to go with me and my parents won't let me go alone :sad: They can't be 45 minutes away and I don't see them!!!

With or Without You now :combust:

sami0201 said:

:hug: we are all keeping an eye on things, but there's not anything anyone can do, that's the bad thing!

someone come with me to Miami 2!! :sad: I'm serious, I'll give you the ticket!! I don't know how I'm going because I can't find anyone to go with me and my parents won't let me go alone :sad: They can't be 45 minutes away and I don't see them!!!
With or Without You now :combust:

wish i could...but i can't afford the the travel costs... :(

Back
Top Bottom