Pleba Girl's Party - It's no secret that we're a......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thora, SG, Bri ... hello. :hug:

Bri! You also watched The Age of AIDS! I feel so educated and enlighted about AIDS now. Don't you? Seriously, I do. I watched all four hours of it. And not just to see Bono, either.

Bono changing Jesse Helms' mind ... :ohmy: :ohmy:

Thora, look for Frontline: The Age of AIDS on the PBS web site: www.pbs.org. There's a transcript of Bono's complete interview for the program (not all of Bono's comments were used during the show) on the PBS web site and posted in Pleba.

jobob said:
Thora, SG, Bri ... hello. :hug:

Bri! You also watched The Age of AIDS! I feel so educated and enlighted about AIDS now. Don't you? Seriously, I do. I watched all four hours of it. And not just to see Bono, either.

Bono changing Jesse Helms' mind ... :ohmy: :ohmy:

:yes: I feel the same way Jo :hug:

I'm not suprised that Bono change Jesse Helms' mind....but I kept thinking that "Only a rock star can change his mind" :lol:!

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

:yes: I feel the same way Jo :hug:

I'm not suprised that Bono change Jesse Helms' mind....but I kept thinking that "Only a rock star can change his mind" :lol:!

Only a Bible-quoting rock star did it! And then the senator went to the rock star's concert, wrote about the rock star for Time's 100 Most Influential People issue ... and they became friends.

... thereby blowing the rock star's fans minds and amusing jobob (and blowing her mind). :lol:

Hey Jo! :hug:
Yes, of course I watched it. ...and not just for B either. :wink:
Altho, I wouldn't have minded if he had done more narration, he could seriously read the telephone book to me. :drool:
I thought it was very well done, very educational, and took the time to show many aspects of the issue. :up:

I missed it yesterday though. :angry: I forgot all about it, and finished watchoing Memoirs of a Geisha instead.
When I've got some spare time I'm gonna check out the site too tho. :up:

On a completely different note...
I managed to get too much sun the other day. :angry: Now, yay for me, the colour has died down, and it's not really sensitive so I don't think I burned. However, the musles around my shoulder blades have been sore/stiff. I don't think I slept weird. Has anyone else had this or something similar happen? Am I just a freak? :sad:
I figure it must have something to do with the burn...

~BrightestStar~ said:
Hey Jo! :hug:
Yes, of course I watched it. ...and not just for B either. :wink:
Altho, I wouldn't have minded if he had done more narration, he could seriously read the telephone book to me. :drool:
I thought it was very well done, very educational, and took the time to show many aspects of the issue. :up:

Bri? about "he (B) could seriously read the telephone book to me" ... I'm starting to imagine Bono with a phone book and a headset ... Hello? I need a number in Dublin, Ireland ... :combust:

and I have a similar line in my journal about someone else ... :lmao:

Yes, it was a very well done program. Frontline is a good series. I am a bit of a documentary geek myself; I wish Frontline was shown year-round instead of just in the summer.

:nerd:

Thora? The new 'puter didn't come with iTunes? Take it back. Demand a refund. That's what I'd do. Because I can no longer live without iTunes. :grumpy:

It won't take you that long to download the latest version of iTunes. :wink:

See you soon. :wave:

Aw thanks SG! :hug:

Well, good in 2 senses of the word. :shifty:

1. I actually stayed out until almost midnight with friends.
2. We didn't go to the huge open party that someone else was throwing where everyone there was surely high or drunk- the four of us stayed home and watched the Heat game. :cute:

Well, I'm back. :lol: There's not a lot one can do without the Internet on their computer! :D I hooked my iPod up to the new comp and got that working fine. I'm determined now to figure out what I need and get the Internet on that computer as soon as possible. :up:

Back
Top Bottom