PLEBA girls' party: Half-Blood Princes and more...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CeeCee said:

By real artists I'm assuming you mean ones who stick around for longer than 5 years that he pop charts generally give them.

Wasn't the whole point of HTDAAB to try and get some younger fans into U2 and hence the format of the album? Or was that the purpose of ATYCLB as well? To try and get younger fans or get people who wouldn't have heard them to listen now?

No, by real artists I mean people with talent and heart who create something new, different. something which touches people.

I think every single album they've done falls in this category

**Manufactured or forced acts, which may be good performers but are not artists would be : Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, etc...

Sad_Girl said:

:hug: Oh no! What's wrong? if you want to say, that is. I'm listening while I look for Edgie to come make you feel better

Well we took off for a nice long drive in the country and once we got about an hour from the house I started feeling really crappy. So we stopped so I could use the restroom. Big mistake! Ends up that the reason I have been feeling so yucky lately is that my kidneys are being total crap again! So I know have a kidney infection and the worst UTI in the freakin world! We were in the middle of nowhere and I just lost it. I was in so much pain and there was nothing we could do. So I started drinking tons of water and Mr. Cat was driving fast as he could without making me car sick as well. Long story short we finally got home and I've been in the bathroom for the last 3 hours. I'm still in pain, but I'm trying to distract myself. I took anti-biotics and muscle relaxants so hopefully it will get better.

It was pretty bad about the 2nd hour in and Mr. Cat came in and was seriously debating with me whether I needed to go back to the hospital again. I convinced him that I was not going no matter what. We haven't even paid off the last trip. I was doing so good for the past few weeks and now this again! <head desk>

Mostly I feel like total crap for ruining what could have been the perfect afternoon together. It seems like all they get to do now is deal with moms crap. :( Its just getting so damn old.

CeeCee said:

oh no! *gives Russty extra licks* Anything you wanna talk about? *pets*

<purrs for Cindy> Thanks babe. It does help that you guys are here. The whole time I was in the loo I was wishing I had a freakin lap top. At least I did read a whole readers digest and 6 chapters in a new book.

If I never see another cup of water or iced coffee again it will be too soon. I have I kid you not drunk 15 glasses of water and 3 glasses of iced coffee in the past 3 hours. In the car I drank 3 bottles of water and a whole snapple apple juice. Yuck! :lol:

Oh geez Russty :hug: I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling your best again. I'm sure Mr. Cat doesn't feel you ruined the afternoon though. Hopefully the antibiotics will teach the UTI a lesson. :hug:

Russty Cat said:

Well we took off for a nice long drive in the country and once we got about an hour from the house I started feeling really crappy. So we stopped so I could use the restroom. Big mistake! Ends up that the reason I have been feeling so yucky lately is that my kidneys are being total crap again! So I know have a kidney infection and the worst UTI in the freakin world! We were in the middle of nowhere and I just lost it. I was in so much pain and there was nothing we could do. So I started drinking tons of water and Mr. Cat was driving fast as he could without making me car sick as well. Long story short we finally got home and I've been in the bathroom for the last 3 hours. I'm still in pain, but I'm trying to distract myself. I took anti-biotics and muscle relaxants so hopefully it will get better.

It was pretty bad about the 2nd hour in and Mr. Cat came in and was seriously debating with me whether I needed to go back to the hospital again. I convinced him that I was not going no matter what. We haven't even paid off the last trip. I was doing so good for the past few weeks and now this again! <head desk>

Mostly I feel like total crap for ruining what could have been the perfect afternoon together. It seems like all they get to do now is deal with moms crap. :( Its just getting so damn old.

It's not your fault :hug: I know that doesn't really matter, you still feel bad, because I've been there myself, with my various ailments in recent years. :(

Still, you need to take care of yourself now that you are sick. If you need to go the hospital, it's worth going when they can help more quickly rather than waiting until it's very serious and will take longer and be more expensive to treat.

Of course, I'm not there and don't know your complete medical history, so I won't tell you what to do. :hug:

Does cranberry juice help you at all? or is that just for the bladder and not the kidneys?

Russty Cat said:

*hugs Russty tight* Poor Russty Cat. It's okay, Hon. I wish I could help or something. If there was a way I could help, I would. *ponders* I do have a tiny hand written page of Indy!Boys. Would that help you at all?

:hug: to all of you!

Just letting me vent has helped so much. I'm holding out hope that we caught this early on and that hopefully the meds will kick in and kick this infections arse. If I don't feel relief by tomorrow I will call my doc and go be seen. Funny thing I was just telling friends at church this morning how things where going so much better. :lol: The one thing I'm holding on to, big time is that a casual friend who I saw at church told me that I looked beautiful and happier then I had been in a long time. She was friends with Louise (my friend who passed away) daughter, so it meant alot knowing that she has seen me at my worst.

SG :hug: Baby any advice you give is always helpful. Crandberry juice does help get things moving and I figure it can't hurt the more liquid the better. Mr. Cat picked some up earlier.

Cindy I'll take any part of Indy boys you got! :heart: :hyper:

Russty Cat said:

<purrs for Cindy> Thanks babe. It does help that you guys are here. The whole time I was in the loo I was wishing I had a freakin lap top. At least I did read a whole readers digest and 6 chapters in a new book.

If I never see another cup of water or iced coffee again it will be too soon. I have I kid you not drunk 15 glasses of water and 3 glasses of iced coffee in the past 3 hours. In the car I drank 3 bottles of water and a whole snapple apple juice. Yuck! :lol:

*extra licks* I drink tons of water cause anythign else makes me sick during the summer. Have you tried a lovely little pill called Azo thats OTC? My mom gets kidney infections sometimes and she's taken them instead of antibiotics since we don't have medical insurance either.

Hi Diane! :hug: I'm so glad you've joined our group. :heart: Just having you here makes me smile. :)

Okay enough of me bitching, lets get down to perving! :lol: :wink:

Oh one good part of the day was I did get the knitting needles I needed! Very nice bamboo ones. :hyper: And my girlfriends daughter was working and said that her sister had her baby. So hopefully this week I'll get to go see cute new baby, Jillian Rose. :love:

CeeCee said:

*extra licks* I drink tons of water cause anythign else makes me sick during the summer. Have you tried a lovely little pill called Azo thats OTC? My mom gets kidney infections sometimes and she's taken them instead of antibiotics since we don't have medical insurance either.

I took some Uri-stat which is just another brand name of stuff like Azo. I was kicking myself when we were in the middle of nowhere and I didn't have any. I usually carry it in my purse. I'm lucky that I have anti-biotics leftover from last time i got an infection. My doctor has been giving alot of meds when i go in so we have a stockpile going. He is really sweet and tries to get me stuff the cheapest way he can. Heck I even have 6 months of birth control pills that I can't even take. :lmao: They were going to try and use them as hormone therapy on me so they gave me a ton of samples, but the darn things gave me migraines. I just don't have the heart to throw them out. :lol:

Ok, Russty asked for Edgie pics, so I'm gonna flood PGP with Edgie pic :wink:

U2Edge205.jpg

U2Edge204.jpg

U2Edge199.jpg

U2Edge196.jpg

Sad_Girl said:
Ok, Russty asked for Edgie pics, so I'm gonna flood PGP with Edgie pic :wink:

U2Edge205.jpg

U2Edge204.jpg

U2Edge199.jpg

U2Edge196.jpg

:drool: :combust: :faint:

The first one makes me want to sit in between his legs and just lay my head on his shoulder. *girly sigh*

I was so horrible this morning when we were singing in church, our choir director was leading worship, since the normal guy was on vacation. He started playing this aquostic guitar solo in the middle of a song it was totally beatiful and I immediatly thought of Edge. *sigh*

Oh and get this!! Our pastor says that he had an announcement to make, but that he needed help from a friend. So he steps down and hands the microphone to this guy in the second row and he turns around and gets down on one knee!!! He asked his girlfriend to marry him!!! She said yes and everyone started cheering and clapping. I look over and Mr. Cat is taking off his glasses and wiping a tear from his eye. It was the sweetest thing. :heart:

Diane L said:
Fly, what is happening with your job?

Well technically there's 6 weeks left before school begins again to work...but I can't stand my job. I'm already taking off the first week of August to go to a friend's cottage. When I get back I think I'm just going to give my two weeks notice and go to Toronto to see my grandma for the other one.

:hyper: I am so happy to be done with this piece of crap company!

Back
Top Bottom