PLEBA girls' party: Half-Blood Princes and more...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono_gal said:

:madspit:

They're mine!!!!!! I'll tell mummy! :wink:

:tsk: I'm alllowed to be immature, I'm a year younger than you :yes:

Hehe :wink:

Hehehe...they're mine now :macdevil:

*holds them above BG's head and taunts her with them*

This is so much fun being the big sister! :evil:

Holy :censored:...:crack:

daygloeyes2 said:

Hehehe...they're mine now :macdevil:

*holds them above BG's head and taunts her with them*

This is so much fun being the big sister! :evil:

Holy :censored:...:crack:

:madspit:

*steals DG's iPod and holds it over bucket full of water*

:evil:

Gimme the pics, or the music gets it! :macdevil:

Hey girls. I'm back. Sorry about the sudden poof act but a storm came in and the power glitched on me. Had a storm yesterday before the final two acts at the concert too. *sighs*

What's up with Larry's hair in that picture? did he run out of gell to keep it down or did heat + humidty get the better of him?

CeeCee said:
Hey girls. I'm back. Sorry about the sudden poof act but a storm came in and the power glitched on me. Had a storm yesterday before the final two acts at the concert too. *sighs*

What's up with Larry's hair in that picture? did he run out of gell to keep it down or did heat + humidty get the better of him?

we got a little carried away right before the show and he didn't have a chance to look in a mirror before going on stage :evil:

Sad_Girl said:

we got a little carried away right before the show and he didn't have a chance to look in a mirror before going on stage :evil:

:lol: Is that what happened? Someone ran her fingers over the bottom part of his hair and mussed it all up on him?! Naughty SG! You should have at least lead me to Edge before hand!

04059aef.jpg

G'night ladies :wave:

I still haven't got in touch with the boys, I really really hope theyre ok :(

I'm sure they're fine. It's just a bit unusual that theyre not online, haha theyre like my babies lol!

I think I was a bit too much for DG, she's disappeared :wink:

I have plenty of B pics she hasnt got her mits on! :wink: :drool:

She knows i :heart: her, my big sis! :hug:

Great pics SG! :drool:

G'night all! :wave: :hug:

SG! That photo gives me dirty thoughts. LOL

I know I'm full of questions for the girls here, but I was wondering if anyone knows a reason that some U2 fans seem to say they don't like everything beyond JT and that they feel U2 has sold out? Has anyone ever gotten a good reason for this or is it just one of those things?

Mostly just because their music became commercially succesful. People always say that when a group that has a strong 'cult' following makes it with the general music scene :shrug:

Sad_Girl said:
Mostly just because their music became commercially succesful. People always say that when a group that has a strong 'cult' following makes it with the general music scene :shrug:

Well, it just seems like a rather stupid reason, if that's the only one. I mean.. :der:. I don't think I'd be sitting here on blue crack if they hadn't made HTDAAB. I'd still be sitting somewhere going 'I don't like U2.' They can't just.. I dunno, stagnate and die can they?

Sorry. I'm just all :blahblah: :rant: aren't I?

CeeCee said:

Well, it just seems like a rather stupid reason, if that's the only one. I mean.. :der:. I don't think I'd be sitting here on blue crack if they hadn't made HTDAAB. I'd still be sitting somewhere going 'I don't like U2.' They can't just.. I dunno, stagnate and die can they?

Sorry. I'm just all :blahblah: :rant: aren't I?

It's an ages old story with real artists. First, a few people notice them and realize they're something special. When everyone else starts to notice and offer them big money and lots of attention, quite often their art suffers and becomes ... crap, basically. They start making what they think the general population wants to see/hear. This is selling out. U2 never did that. No matter how many people loved what they did, they strove to create something better. They never changed the meaning of their music to please anyone or released twenty songs like With or without you just because it was popular, they continued to grow as artists and maintained their integrity. This is why I love them.

Other people think because they changed at all, this means they sold out. It's just artistic growth, in my eyes. A lot of people just don't think you can have integrity and commercial success at the same time

Russty Cat said:
Hi girls! :( I've had the worst day! I would love some Edge pics if you have any you'd like to share.

:hug: Oh no! What's wrong? if you want to say, that is. I'm listening while I look for Edgie to come make you feel better

daygloeyes2 said:

My post count. :crack:

I'm going to hit 10K tomorrow! :ohmy:

:hyper: Are you getting your speech ready?? :drool:

Hi girls! :hug:

I'm back from seeing Charlie. I absolutely loved it...Tim Burton is a genius and Johnny is hilarious. With the Oompa Loompa songs...all the colourful candy....ahh I was in paradise :happy:

How was everyone's day? Russty, :hug: what happened?

Sad_Girl said:

It's an ages old story with real artists. First, a few people notice them and realize they're something special. When everyone else starts to notice and offer them big money and lots of attention, quite often their art suffers and becomes ... crap, basically. They start making what they think the general population wants to see/hear. This is selling out. U2 never did that. No matter how many people loved what they did, they strove to create something better. They never changed the meaning of their music to please anyone or released twenty songs like With or without you just because it was popular, they continued to grow as artists and maintained their integrity. This is why I love them.

Other people think because they changed at all, this means they sold out. It's just artistic growth, in my eyes. A lot of people just don't think you can have integrity and commercial success at the same time

By real artists I'm assuming you mean ones who stick around for longer than 5 years that he pop charts generally give them.

Wasn't the whole point of HTDAAB to try and get some younger fans into U2 and hence the format of the album? Or was that the purpose of ATYCLB as well? To try and get younger fans or get people who wouldn't have heard them to listen now?

Back
Top Bottom