Pleba Girls' Party...Coming down fast, but right here above you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:
My original chat name??

It was 95/96 and we;d just gotten the internet. The very first site I went to (and what I was most excited about) was TSN, the Canadian equivalent of ESPN. I was HUGE Jays fan at the time...it asked me for a log-in name, and I was stumped. I had no idea that one needed to come up with something like that! After a full two minutes, of careful, fully thought out consideration, I decided upon the name Arizona. Why? Cause it screamed cool and reminded me of Stevie Nicks. :giggle:

Then, next thing I know, I was introduced by one of the regulars to another baseball site. It was based in America. I then spent the next several years explaining to people that "no, I'm not from Arizona, I just liked the name..."

Funny part? I met one of my best friends on there (she actually lives in my city) and to this day she calls me "Zona." :lol:

:lmao: I know how ya feel. My last name is the name of a country. People often assume I'm from there. Its my married name! And its a bastardized version of an Irish name that was changed at Ellis Island.

My best friend that is traveling with me to Canada was this gal named The Muse on another board I was on for an Austrailian band. I jokingly suggested one day that the lead singer of the band needed to come play near me in my little town. Other people were suggesting places as well as jokes. So later that day I got an email from this online friend who wanted to know if I wanted to have lunch with her, as she worked at the mall five minutes from my house!!! :eek: I was like how small a freakin world is it!! I went down and met her and we have been friends ever since. I'm also Russty to her. But most of my girlfriends call me Russty. I don't really go by my real name that much. I respond to Russty, Mom, Luv, and Hey you! :giggle:

VintagePunk said:
I'm not sleeping...

Psycho-eyed Bono :heart:

He's kind of psycho-eyed in this one :lol:

bono312.jpg

Russty Cat said:

:lmao: I know how ya feel. My last name is the name of a country. People often assume I'm from there. Its my married name! And its a bastardized version of an Irish name that was changed at Ellis Island.

My best friend that is traveling with me to Canada was this gal named The Muse on another board I was on for an Austrailian band. I jokingly suggested one day that the lead singer of the band needed to come play near me in my little town. Other people were suggesting places as well as jokes. So later that day I got an email from this online friend who wanted to know if I wanted to have lunch with her, as she worked at the mall five minutes from my house!!! :eek: I was like how small a freakin world is it!! I went down and met her and we have been friends ever since. I'm also Russty to her. But most of my girlfriends call me Russty. I don't really go by my real name that much. I respond to Russty, Mom, Luv, and Hey you! :giggle:

Don't feel so bad...I have a common last name...and one of my former classmates though I was related to another girl who went to the same HS as me....with the same last name too...of course we aren't related cause I have a limited amount of live relatives and I have no siblings.

Russty Cat said:

Split Enz/The Finn Bros./ Crowded House? :lol:

Well on that psycho note I really have to go to bed. The kids will be awake in like 5 hours. :lol:

See you nuts tomorrow. :hug: :heart:

MGMyGuinness said:

He's kind of psycho-eyed in this one :lol:

bono312.jpg

OMG, have you seen his creepy eyes/very bad dancing in the I Will Follow video?? So bad its :combust: :combust: I really ought to feel guilty for wanting to have sex with a 19 or 20 year old creepy-eyed Bono. :reject:

VintagePunk said:

OMG, have you seen his creepy eyes/very bad dancing in the I Will Follow video?? So bad its :combust: :combust: I really ought to feel guilty for wanting to have sex with a 19 or 20 year old creepy-eyed Bono. :reject:

No, but I just imagined him dancing around like that. :lmao: :lmao:

VintagePunk said:

Split Enz/The Finn Bros./ Crowded House? :lol:

Um, hate to say this, but they are Kiwis. :giggle: Oops my fangirl is showing again. They are from Auckland, New Zealand. ;)

The band was The Dave Wilkins Band. Dave Wilkins was also the guitarist for another band called Thirty Odd Foot of Grunts, which happened to have the lead singer Russell Crowe. RC was my first big venture into geeky girl fandom. I have since seen the error of my ways, but have maintained the great friends I made. Our whole Canada venturing PJ lovin crew are ex-RC addicts. :giggle: Now we just get drunk and laugh about it.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Don't feel so bad...I have a common last name...and one of my former classmates though I was related to another girl who went to the same HS as me....with the same last name too...of course we aren't related cause I have a limited amount of live relatives and I have no siblings.

There was a girl in my school with the exact same first and last name as me except she was two grades higher. One day I heard my name called on the PA so I went down to the office to see what was up. There was a note with my name on it and a phone number so I called and some lady picked up that I didn't know. I asked her who she was looking for and she said my name. I told her that was me and she's like "you're not my daughter" and then I realized she was looking for the other girl. :huh:

We can send love songs to friends on Valentine's Day in HS. So one day sitting in my chem class, a group of peope came in to sing one of the songs and they said it was for Michelle. The thing was there were 3 Michelle's in my class. The person who sent the song hadn't written a last name down so we didn't know which one it was for. Turns out one of my girl friends had sent it to me :lol:

Smacking myself in the forehead, cuz they are from NZ, but sadly not originally Auckland. Thats my damn Sister in law. :giggle: I'm getting my Kiwis mixed up I'm so tired. D'oh! :lol:

I'm really going to bed now. Nighty night. :D

Mucca said:

There was a girl in my school with the exact same first and last name as me except she was two grades higher. One day I heard my name called on the PA so I went down to the office to see what was up. There was a note with my name on it and a phone number so I called and some lady picked up that I didn't know. I asked her who she was looking for and she said my name. I told her that was me and she's like "you're not my daughter" and then I realized she was looking for the other girl. :huh:

We can send love songs to friends on Valentine's Day in HS. So one day sitting in my chem class, a group of peope came in to sing one of the songs and they said it was for Michelle. The thing was there were 3 Michelle's in my class. The person who sent the song hadn't written a last name down so we didn't know which one it was for. Turns out one of my girl friends had sent it to me :lol:

In my grade there's 2 girls with the same exact 1st and last name. Whenever their names are called for attendance, they both answer at the same time. :lol: And they've been going to school together since kindergarten.

Mucca said:

At least the person who has the same name as me is a sorta famous author.

And I also had a couple of girls with the same first names as me over the years...even had one girl with the same name as me at my job...she didn't last though.

MGMyGuinness said:

In my grade there's 2 girls with the same exact 1st and last name. Whenever their names are called for attendance, they both answer at the same time. :lol: And they've been going to school together since kindergarten.

:lol:

One of my best friends has the same first name as me and everytime someone calls our name we both answer so now a days people just call us by our last name.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

At least the person who has the same name as me is a sorta famous author.

And I also had a couple of girls with the same first names as me over the years...even had one girl with the same name as me at my job...she didn't last though.

There was a girl that I apparently looked like back when I was working at the Gap. So for the first couple days people kept calling me by her name and asking if I got new glasses and stuff...:huh:

Back
Top Bottom