Pleba Girls' Party...Coming down fast, but right here above you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My memories of Graceland include being forced to line up in the TN heat for half a day in July in a line that was about a mile and a half long, the year after he died...by cruel and unusual parents. :angry:

When your surronded you can still feel so alone.
Don't get me wrong, I miss my home.
It feels like I'm a million miles away.

This is from a song I'm listening to and I swear this is totally how I feel. I'm surronded by people here, but I'm drowning. I am so ready to bolt for the door and just run, till I can't run anymore. Mr. Cat knows it too. He's been so distant lately. He's prepping himself for me leaving. Its creepy how well he can read me and he knows its coming soon.

VintagePunk said:
My memories of Graceland include being forced to line up in the TN heat for half a day in July in a line that was about a mile and a half long, the year after he died...by cruel and unusual parents. :angry:

That really sucks, the one thing I never had to endure as a kid was crappy family vacations. It was the one saving grace to having a crappy family. :laugh:

We've tried a few with Mr. Cat, Mini-cat, and I we can do about 2, 3 days tops and then I'm done. But their idea of a vacation and mine are totally different. I'd love to go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame sometime. But Mr. Cat probably wouldn't go with me.

Russty Cat said:

That really sucks, the one thing I never had to endure as a kid was crappy family vacations. It was the one saving grace to having a crappy family. :laugh:

We've tried a few with Mr. Cat, Mini-cat, and I we can do about 2, 3 days tops and then I'm done. But their idea of a vacation and mine are totally different. I'd love to go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame sometime. But Mr. Cat probably wouldn't go with me.

Oh....you would love the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! It's a great place to go.

I'm also thankfull that I didn't have to do crappy family vacations....although my parents has different places that we want also want to go to...my mom wants to go to the Smithsion in Washington DC...my dad wants to go to England (Fascinated with their history) and I want to go to Ireland for obvious reason.

Russty Cat said:

The worst part? It was me, my mom and dad, and friends of theirs that had a kid younger than me. The dads parked the motor home and drank beer. The moms and us kids stood in line. :grumpy: Our families have since grown apart, but I still talk to the other "kid" from time to time. That awful trip is our bond. :lol:

It's time for me to leave now but I don't want to! So maybe I'll have good Gerry and Bono dreams tonight.
and my smilies aren't working.

Night, Everybody!

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Oh....you would love the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! It's a great place to go.

I'm also thankfull that I didn't have to do crappy family vacations....although my parents has different places that we want also want to go to...my mom wants to go to the Smithsion in Washington DC...my dad wants to go to England (Fascinated with their history) and I want to go to Ireland for obvious reason.

I'm gonna drag my girlfriend with me to the R&R Hall of fame. She would love it.

I really want to go to the Vietnam Memorial in Washington, DC. I've never really talked to Mr. Cat about it, but its important to me. My moms best friend was a green beret and he died over there and is on the wall. I just want to be able to go and pay my respects to him. I'd really like to take my mom there. I still have the newspaper clipping from the day he was killed.

I really want to go to London, Dublin, and Scotland. Not much to ask for. ;) But again, Mr. Cat doesn't want to so it will probably be me and a buddy and a backpack. I'd like to go to New York as well to see some Broadway shows.

:laugh: VP, bonding over stuff like that only makes us stronger. ;) :evil: :lol:

My parents decided to do the family vacation thing after I was married and gone. I've gotten to get the phone calls from my mother after an extended holiday vacation with my parents, my brothers, and my parents best friends family all in the one house in Arizona together. :laugh: My mother didn't appreciate it when I laughed when she told me it was horrible. "When you take the fucking Masons and try to make them behave like the Cleavers, what do you expect to happen, mom!?!"

She got mad at me for saying fucking on the phone!!! Thats how sick my family is!! It didn't even faze her that I was comparing them to a family of mass murderers!!! :lol: My family, going to hell in a freakin handbasket! :evil:

Russty Cat said:

I'm gonna drag my girlfriend with me to the R&R Hall of fame. She would love it.

I really want to go to the Vietnam Memorial in Washington, DC. I've never really talked to Mr. Cat about it, but its important to me. My moms best friend was a green beret and he died over there and is on the wall. I just want to be able to go and pay my respects to him. I'd really like to take my mom there. I still have the newspaper clipping from the day he was killed.

I really want to go to London, Dublin, and Scotland. Not much to ask for. ;) But again, Mr. Cat doesn't want to so it will probably be me and a buddy and a backpack. I'd like to go to New York as well to see some Broadway shows.

My dad wants to go see any War related memorial in DC...he's also fascinated with the history about Wars...:shrug: as to why. We all want to go to NYC too...but I forgot why.

I also want to go to Blioxi, Mississippi...where one of my relatives is....New Orleans for Mardi Gras.....Rome, Venice, Paris, Dublin, London...that's all I can think of at the moment.

Russty Cat said:
:laugh: VP, bonding over stuff like that only makes us stronger. ;) :evil: :lol:

My parents decided to do the family vacation thing after I was married and gone. I've gotten to get the phone calls from my mother after an extended holiday vacation with my parents, my brothers, and my parents best friends family all in the one house in Arizona together. :laugh: My mother didn't appreciate it when I laughed when she told me it was horrible. "When you take the fucking Masons and try to make them behave like the Cleavers, what do you expect to happen, mom!?!"

She got mad at me for saying fucking on the phone!!! Thats how sick my family is!! It didn't even faze her that I was comparing them to a family of mass murderers!!! :lol: My family, going to hell in a freakin handbasket! :evil:

All families that appear relatively normal on the outside have their quirks. Some just fake it better than others. :lol:

I miss Bri too! :hug: :heart: Tell her we send our love! :love:

Your totally right about families, some are just better fakers and pretenders then others. :laugh: Personally I like the family I have with Mr. Cat we don't do any of that fake crap. We are screwed up and proud of it! :dance: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom