Pleba Girls Party: Come together, right now, over me...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
~BrightestStar~ said:

Well, I must admit, realizing you have, lets say, three hours before your major paper is due, is pretty inspiring. :lol:

Believe me, I know that too well! :lol:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Sigh, at least this paper isn't due till the afternoon, so there is some chance that I'll have time to edit in the morning when I've (hopefully) gotten some sleep.

I have been in this situation and ended up literally not starting until morning. Not fun!!! :yikes: :no:

~BrightestStar~ said:
:hmm:
I wonder what would motivate me besides a deadline...

A kiss from Bono :kiss:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Sigh :hug:
Stupid writiers block.

It really is ridiculous, a huge precentage of my university papers have had the bulk of them written in the middle of the night.

I just can't write during the day :coocoo:

*sigh*
i know what you mean all too well.

SG - what's with this stuff about changing your most productive writing times?

:wave:
hi everyone!

Sad_Girl said:

Believe me, I know that too well! :lol:

I have been in this situation and ended up literally not starting until morning. Not fun!!! :yikes: :no:

I've been there too :sad: :yikes:

If only I could keep a jar of inspiration on my desk.....an emergency fund, if you will.
:dreams:

A kiss from Bono :kiss:

:lol:

So does he magically appear the minute I ht 2500 words? :hyper:

:wave: Hey Fiona! Feeling any better?

andberlin said:

SG - what's with this stuff about changing your most productive writing times?

All of my writer's advice books/magazines/etc... on writers block suggest that putting an effort into changing both the time of day and the place you write in order to break writer's block and bring a fresh perspective to your writing

~BrightestStar~ said:
I wrote a thesis statement for a paper on a mirror after a shower once.

I wish I was joking.

I'm just *that* weird.

It was a really good paper though. :wink:

That's really cool, actually

:lol: I remember reading an interview with a songwriter who said she'd written one of her biggest hits on a roll of toilet paper with a tube of lipstick! :ohmy: :lol:

:lol: from the pictures I've seen of him doodling out thoughts for songs and the copies of his notes they've pringted, I would definitely be able to believe that about him

Sad_Girl said:
:wave: Hey Fiona! Feeling any better?

All of my writer's advice books/magazines/etc... on writers block suggest that putting an effort into changing both the time of day and the place you write in order to break writer's block and bring a fresh perspective to your writing

i totally need to do that - at least to get myself writing in the afternoon when i get home from school instead of in the middle of the night right before assignments are due.

:lol: @ paper's done in the shower!

:lol:

Actually, I was just thinking it was funny that you said that about the shower because I tend to come up with story ideas in the shower a lot. Just today I had a major inspiration for the novel while I was in the shower, as a matter of fact

I almost always get inspired for stories while driving, too

*briefly crawls back from work mode* Gah. It's a bit of a madhouse today...

Hi Fiona! :wave:

I think you and I share many tendencies, Bri... most of my essays for Uni were written in the wee small hours, and often in between turns of computer games, or with a chat screen open on another window. Plus I do a lot of thinking in the shower or on the loo... I've never written anything on toilet paper though! :lol:

Tampon signing EEEEEEWWWWWW!!! :yuck: I don't want to know. I do NOT want to know.

I find sitting in front of the computer is a good way to wipe every creative inspiration from my brain. :|

Alisaura said:

Tampon signing EEEEEEWWWWWW!!! :yuck: I don't want to know. I do NOT want to know.

:lol: Larry once said the strangest thing he's ever been asked to sign was a tampon - because it was the only scrap of paper this girl could find in her purse. I assume it was the wrapper of a tampon.

:girl: Oh my God I have to get your autograph, please?! Will sign ... *searches purse* this?

:larry: :eek: :uhoh: Ummmmmm sure.... :yikes:

Hey Weldy! :hug: How are you?

Bad Fiona sleeping in... :wink: Still, lots of time for practising! :D *obsessed*

Well, I guessed it wasn't a used tampon ( :yuck: )... I just have a very strange brain... :reject:
He could have signed her purse? :wink:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Oh, I just have to say, I was readin this earlier and.....

He could see Bono staring over at him in gap-mouthed shock, and when Bono saw him looking he flashed a devilish grin at his friend. He might as well have a neon sign that said ‘way to go’.

Love it! :lol:

:lol: Gotta Love Bono as The Fly :wink:

Naughty Bono :drool: :combust:

I'm working on chapter 3 - I think this may be my best U2 fan fic yet

Last edited:
Alisaura said:
Hey Weldy! :hug: How are you?

Bad Fiona sleeping in... :wink: Still, lots of time for practising! :D *obsessed*

Well, I guessed it wasn't a used tampon ( :yuck: )... I just have a very strange brain... :reject:

All this talk about tampons reminds me of a funny story when I used to work at my theater :giggle:

I'm doing fine otherwise Ali :hug: :wave:

Alisaura said:

depends on what kind of writing utensil she had - if it was a pencil, no way. Even a regular ball point pen would probably not have worked on most materials

Weldy- I'm guessing that's someone from American Idol?

Back
Top Bottom