Pleba girls' party.......celebrating Wild&Brightest Star reaching 15K!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ruffian said:

it sucked to say goodbye :sad:

Now don't you go making me cry again! :sad: :hug:

It's going to be just fine; thanks to you, VP and this place (oh and you know, those band guys :wink: ) I've learned that if a person wants something bad enough, they can make it work!

We'll all find ways to see one another again :heart:

greeneyedgirl said:
I think I'm home :huh:
The shower works, but no hot water (Mr GG went to check the water heater)
Oh, so good to be back home.....my own bed, my own couch, my doggie...missed her so much.

I'm happy for you! It's hard to be kept out of your home :yes: and away from your doggie, thats even worse. :heart:

Jobob, glad you are getting some use out of it.
I just went shopping with Mr GG and picked out some kick-ass boots to go with it.

Gotta go eat something......be back in a little while......

kellyahern said:
Ruff! :hyper: :wave:

How was the Bono dinner? I don't think anyone has posted about it who was at the dinner :).

Kelly! :hug: i haven't talked to you in ages!

The Bono lecture was totally amazing--inspiring, funny, and I was so impressed that he could speak so eloquently without notes (he had them in his chubby little hands but never read them). I was on the fourth row right in front of him. The cocktail reception had lots of food and alcohol, but I didn't see bono make an appearance at all--but I wasn't there that long. I walked into the VIP cocktail reception area because it was less crowded...

Dinner was held in a gorgeous musuem room with Egyptian artifacts (an anthropology museum, no less!) and Bono was 2 tables away from us. The tables nearest him were reserved. He walked in and people approached him as he sat down at the table, and then food was served. He talked to people next to him but never got up and wandered around the tables.

to be cont'd...

Sad_Girl said:

Now don't you go making me cry again! :sad: :hug:

It's going to be just fine; thanks to you, VP and this place (oh and you know, those band guys :wink: ) I've learned that if a person wants something bad enough, they can make it work!

We'll all find ways to see one another again :heart:

That's right! I haven't seen enough of you all yet! :wink:

Speaking of which ... anyone else here going to Boston? Ticketmaster e-mailed me today to say they have printed my Dec. 4 ticket!

Or to Cleveland? I have a spare ticket for the Dec. 10 show (it's not that great of a seat, but it gets you into the building ...)

we had a clear view of B during dinner (we giggled about how he holds his fork) and a few people stood up in order to see him, but no one took pictures. Between courses I walked up to B's bodyguard, and stayed about 10 yards from the table--I was so paranoid about intruding. I told him there was a table of 10 women anxious to know if B would making the rounds for photo opps and such, and he said no, that he had a bad viral infection and was going home to NYC to be with his family that night. We chatted a bit more and I went back to my seat.

About 10 minutes later (after salad but before the first course) John started motioning to our table and pointing to the door, so we went over and he brought Bono by. Unfortunately, museum security were very strict and literally body blocked most of us from even making eye contact :mad: Only a couple fans got to chat with him.

Overall, it was a fun night but I think that those who paid for tickets felt a little ripped off that there wasn't any chance for a meeting or for pictures. But the lecture was well worth the trip :up:

GG, where have you been? Why have you been away from home?

SG, you are right, we'll make it work.

Jobob, thanks for the offer; I'm aiming for a GA for Cleveland.

Kelly, I can't do Vegas--the timing is just atrocious and I've already missed school for 10 shows this leg :yikes: So my next is Atlanta. Are you doing the closer in Portland?

VintagePunk said:
Hey girls :hug:

Here for a few before I have to give the computer back to Sarah so she can do homework. :madspit:

Homework? That girls needs to get her priorities straight...or her mother's priorities straight...

:madspit:
Hi Diane!!! :wave:

ruffian said:

Kelly, I can't do Vegas--the timing is just atrocious and I've already missed school for 10 shows this leg :yikes: So my next is Atlanta. Are you doing the closer in Portland?

Double bummer, it won't be the same party without you :(.

I wish I could go to Portland, but other people have already put in vacation time :reject:. It's Vegas, then the Florida shows, then it's over for me.

kellyahern said:

Double bummer, it won't be the same party without you :(.

I wish I could go to Portland, but other people have already put in vacation time :reject:. It's Vegas, then the Florida shows, then it's over for me.

that's a shame :(

i even had a place to stay in Vegas, but all the meetings and commitments I rescheduled to do these earlier shows piled into that week--plus I never did get a decent airfare. It's too bad you can't do Atlanta--it's a weekend and not so far from Tampa...:shifty:

Diane L said:
Ruff, I'm sorry I didn't see you on October 14th :(. I went by the GA line but I couldn't find you.
Diane, I ended up waiting in the box office line most of that day--kept me out of the rain and friends were waiting over there. miserable weather, that week in NYC--then more of the same in Pittsburgh. Blech!

ruffian said:

Diane, I ended up waiting in the box office line most of that day--kept me out of the rain and friends were waiting over there. miserable weather, that week in NYC--then more of the same in Pittsburgh. Blech!

I am so sick of rain, SO SICK of it...!!! Now there is supposedly rain coming to Long Island and nowhere else in the NYC metro area...how DID we get so lucky???!!!:mad:

I'm hoping for sunny skies for the November dates...it will make it much nicer to wait for the soundcheck!

ruffian said:

that's a shame :(

i even had a place to stay in Vegas, but all the meetings and commitments I rescheduled to do these earlier shows piled into that week--plus I never did get a decent airfare. It's too bad you can't do Atlanta--it's a weekend and not so far from Tampa...:shifty:

I have to be back at work for our senior thanksgiving lunch the day of the Atlanta show :banghead:.

Plus, Atlanta is my bad luck city :shifty:. Like Homer Simpson thinks NY is out to get him, Atlanta is out to get me :lol:.

Been there 3 times, sucked all 3 times :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom