Pleba Girls Party - Celebrate good times...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

My little brother wrestles....(he's in the maroon)

P1030031.jpg

P1030024.jpg

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:
That early? :madwife: I'd try to get a good nights sleep it I were you. :hug:

:hug: I'm just gonna go to sleep at the normal time I do on school nights. :shrug: And I just called my uncle who always helps me with math to help me with the practice problems I didn't get and of course they had to go out tonight. :madwife: They always go out on Saturdays! :lol: I left a message for him to call me if he gets home before 11:30. I'd rather get the help and know how to do some of these.

I mean on the PSAT I did really well but on the one I just did I didn't. It's a good score- better than my friends and stuff but just not what I want for myself. I got 1930 on the PSAT (out of 2400) and I just got an 1830. :| I need to at least break 2000 to get into a college that I want to go to.

Sami, sometimes I feel like I'm lost before I go in to write a test, but once I get in there, things just click and I do fine - hopefully it'll be the same for you. :)

Hi Sarah :hug:

Yeah, that happens to be sometimes too! Sorry if I sound insane. :lol: But it just clicked that this test is like my future. :ohmy: But I can take it a few more times, so I guess I don't really need to worry. :)

sami0201 said:
Yeah, that happens to be sometimes too! Sorry if I sound insane. :lol: But it just clicked that this test is like my future. :ohmy: But I can take it a few more times, so I guess I don't really need to worry. :)

I was about to say the same thing; you have the chance to re-take it if you have trouble with the first one. And SAT scores aren't the only thing colleges look at.

VintagePunk said:
We don't have tests like that up here, for university application purposes, although everyone knows what they are, from tv and movies. :lol: How many times can you take it?

:lol: Lucky! :madspit: :wink: It's like one of the main factors that they look at on your application.

Techincally you can take the SAT as many times as you want, but they usually say you shouldn't take it more than 3. The thing is that colleges see your score every time you take it, even if you re-do it. But when they calculate your score they supposedly take your best from each section from any test you took. (does that make sense?)

There's another test called the ACT that most colleges will accept instead of the SAT, I'm going to take that too. The good thing about it is that you can literally take it as many times as you want and they only see the test score that you send them. :up:

We don't use the SAT's in Michigan, either, VP or we didn't twelve years ago when I graduated. they may have changed it since. The only reason to take the SAT's was if you wanted to go out of state to school.

We had a smaller test called the ACT; which only Michigan universities accepted

** Oh, see, I didn't realize that, Sami :up:

Yeah. A lot of midwestern states (?) only use the ACT for some reason. :shrug: To most colleges you can just send either score or both. :yes: And then of course for some of the ones I want to apply to I have to take SAT subject tests too. :crack: (like an all math SAT, all science, etc.)

Good evening Foxy Ladies :D :wave:

I never took the SATs but you have to, to go to a state school here in California. :madspit:

I've heard of ACT, too. That's what I was going to say, I understood that the test used varied state to state.

In Ontario, the province instituted literacy tests several years ago. Their purpose is just to see that kids are up to provincial standards for their grade in whatever subject. They're just given on regular school days, in grades 3, 7 and 10, I think. That's why Sarah had the day off the other day, it was grade 10 testing time, and I guess the other grades get it off, although I'm not really sure why.

Hi Russty :hug:

VintagePunk said:
I've heard of ACT, too. That's what I was going to say, I understood that the test used varied state to state.

In Ontario, the province instituted literacy tests several years ago. Their purpose is just to see that kids are up to provincial standards for their grade in whatever subject. They're just given on regular school days, in grades 3, 7 and 10, I think. That's why Sarah had the day off the other day, it was grade 10 testing time, and I guess the other grades get it off, although I'm not really sure why.

Hi Russty :hug:

We have state tests like that, too; they're used to help determine school funding in part :slant:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom