PLEBA Girls Party - Cardiff and Live 8 and PLEBAns, Oh My!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Russty Cat said:
lol VP thats exactly me! Friday night I will have a freak out melt down I'm sure.

The thing that really isn't helping is that I have a damn fever again and feel like crap. I have a feeling I have another lung or kidney infection. I'm drugged up to the hilt so hopefully by the weekend things will be better. I swear I just feel like I go in circles lately. I get an infection, get more meds, start to feel better, do to much, and then start the whole process over again. Its so much easier to do this during the winter when its cold! :lol:

Welcome back Dazz! :hug:

sending you more healing vibes russty....you def need some down time so your system can start to get strong enough to throw this stuff off.... :hug:

Oh completely platonic I'm sure VP. :wink: :giggle:

Dazz I'm so happy for you that things are going well. I have such high hopes for my brother, but I don't know if he will ever be able to live on his own. It would be so nice for you though to have your own place. I would be jealous. :giggle:

I've never lived alone in my whole life. I've always had roommates or family.

dazzledbylight said:

sending you more healing vibes russty....you def need some down time so your system can start to get strong enough to throw this stuff off.... :hug:

:hug: Thanks Dazz. Mr. Cat just came in and told me he has been reading some paper work about whether we can get a new loan on the house. Hopefully if that happens I can use some of the cash to get some new meds and treatments.

Russty Cat said:

:hug: Thanks Dazz. Mr. Cat just came in and told me he has been reading some paper work about whether we can get a new loan on the house. Hopefully if that happens I can use some of the cash to get some new meds and treatments.

:mad: :mad: :sad: That upsets me beyond belief...

VP I'm checking what place the Vancouver PJ show is going to be at. I bought the tickets and never even checked to see where the show will be at. :lol: Would be nice to know how big the place is.

VintagePunk said:
Dazzled!! :ohmy: I really worry about you walking home so late at night...

yoohooo VP

I really apreciate the concern... :hug: if this was adesolate place/area...i'd either do thid less often or not at all....

what i saud was i got a severe form of axiety disorder about 11 yrs ago this summer [end of july 94] which as due to a mix of then current5 circumstances trigering old stuff not as well delt with as it might have been....with over my parents decages of illnesses/e rgencies etc.. had to stop working [abour t 18 yrs of work]

tried to get better, got a little better [jad become exhausted in mind & body} but then sunk prgressively worse each time i got a setback

in hospital 3 wks 94 then in 2000 setback not since

so have c\been in rehab for 10yrs nand have been worjing on my art to become an illustrator/artist....

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

:mad: :mad: :sad: That upsets me beyond belief...

me too! We made $25,000 selling our house last year. I was hoping we would have a nest egg. We are down to $1,000. :( Almost $20,000 went to medical stuff.

dazzledbylight said:

yoohooo VP

I really apreciate the concern... :hug: if this was adesolate place/area...i'd either do thid less often or not at all....

what i saud was i got a severe form of axiety disorder about 11 yrs ago this summer [end of july 94] which as due to a mix of then current5 circumstances trigering old stuff not as well delt with as it might have been....with over my parents decages of illnesses/e rgencies etc.. had to stop working [abour t 18 yrs of work]

tried to get better, got a little better [jad become exhausted in mind & body} but then sunk prgressively worse each time i got a setback

in hospital 3 wks 94 then in 2000 setback not since

so have c\been in rehab for 19 yrs nand have been worjing on my art to become an illustrator/artist....

Awwww, I'm so sorry to hear that. :hug: YOu must be so proud of yourself, though...you're so remarkably strong, and doing so well..and so kind and caring toward others. I know you're going to make an impact on the world with your art...it shines through in your words. :yes: :hug:

Russty Cat said:

me too! We made $25,000 selling our house last year. I was hoping we would have a nest egg. We are down to $1,000. :( Almost $20,000 went to medical stuff.

That sucks beyond words. I'm just sitting here with tears in my eyes, shaking my head...

I'm trying to find out how many people GM place holds. So far no dice. I'm just curious. I won't know where my seats are till the day we get there.

VintagePunk said:

Awwww, I'm so sorry to hear that. :hug: YOu must be so proud of yourself, though...you're so remarkably strong, and doing so well..and so kind and caring toward others. I know you're going to make an impact on the world with your art...it shines through in your words. :yes: :hug:
thank tyou VP :hug: for the encouragement and kind words about me....

SInce i'm older than you...and my day had his first depession when i was bout 16

{my GAD --tho I';m NOT severely axious about everything...!! it's just the closest they could come to a name.... was then very complicated by a serious depression t during those 2 hospital stays....

so i experienced a whole era where there was alot more shame about all this..... as I still get bouts of nasty shame at times

i'm also very very luck that my family and most of my freinds from before all this havestuck by me

Life does suck big time sometimes. I was getting really depressed about everything last night, but then something dawned on me when I went out back to turn our bbq on. I was standing on my own deck, on my own property, in this beautiful place, getting ready to eat food with my kids. Its not so bad a life, considering 8 years ago we were homeless. I just have to keep reminding myself that thru it all we are verylucky people to have what we do. And God always takes care of us.

20,000 isn't to bad. I've seen PJ shows of all sizes and no matter what they are always fun. :hyper:

Russty Cat said:
I'm trying to find out how many people GM place holds. So far no dice. I'm just curious. I won't know where my seats are till the day we get there.

I looked but couldn't find anything, either. :| I'd say 18,000 to 20,000 is a safe bet though. It's an NHL arena. Mucca would probably know.

Man, Bono is going off about the Irish in America and the revolution back home and all before SBS and I swear it gets to me everytime!

There is a Pearl Jam dvd from a show they did in Seattle in the end of 2002 I think it was, where Ed just goes off about war. I swear he is practically screaming. It grabs my heart everytime I see it.

Him and Bono are alot alike when it comes to their passion about things.

Thanks for checking. I'll just have to be surprised. But I have a feeling your right. That was the capacity of the arena that was near where I grew up. And it did hockey games as well as concerts.

dazzledbylight said:

thank tyou VP :hug: for the encouragement and kind words about me....

SInce i'm older than you...and my day had his first depession when i was bout 16

{my GAD --tho I';m NOT severely axious about everything...!! it's just the closest they could come to a name.... was then very complicated by a serious depression t during those 2 hospital stays....

so i experienced a whole era where there was alot more shame about all this..... as I still get bouts of nasty shame at times

i'm also very very luck that my family and most of my freinds from before all this havestuck by me

As much as people complain about the world "these days," and glorify the old days, at least many of us are more enlightened. No one would turn their back on someone who is diabetic. Mental health disorders are no different. There's no rhyme or reason as to who they strike...sometimes it just happens.

GAD is what they usually call it if it doesn't fit the criteria for other, more specific forms of it, although I'm sure you already know this. :lol: And it's extremely common that it's concommitant with depression. In fact, when doing research for one of the two, you have to measure for both, to statistically remove the variable you're not interested in, from the mix. (if that makes sense LOL).

larry_fashion2.jpg

Guhhhhhhhh! :drool: I wants!!!

Russty Cat said:
Man, Bono is going off about the Irish in America and the revolution back home and all before SBS and I swear it gets to me everytime!

There is a Pearl Jam dvd from a show they did in Seattle in the end of 2002 I think it was, where Ed just goes off about war. I swear he is practically screaming. It grabs my heart everytime I see it.

Him and Bono are alot alike when it comes to their passion about things.

I'm getting really sad about not being able to see them. :( :sigh:

And what you were saying about things not being so bad...that's one thing my mom instilled in me - the ability to look around, see others much worse off than you are, and appreciate what you have.

Although, when all you want is to wallow in a good ol' pity party for just a bit, that kind of attitude can be frustrating. :lol:

I'm off to bed ladies, so I can get things done tomorrow (or continue my anti-doing things rebellion - either way). :|

Thank you for the good company, and just for being your sweet, wonderful selves. :hug: :heart: Night!

VintagePunk said:

I'm getting really sad about not being able to see them. :( :sigh:

And what you were saying about things not being so bad...that's one thing my mom instilled in me - the ability to look around, see others much worse off than you are, and appreciate what you have.

Although, when all you want is to wallow in a good ol' pity party for just a bit, that kind of attitude can be frustrating. :lol:

OH don't be sad! I will take pictures and tell you all about it. I'll even give Mike and Ed hugs for you when we meet them. {{stalking before and after the show}} :lol:

It is a bitch trying to wallow and be senseable at the same time! Darn it! :wink: Mr. Cat did say before he passed out to stop worrying about his parents that he will help clean up the stuff in the carport from the construction mess that I was worried about. That does take a load off. The other house stuff I can work on Thursday and Friday.

Back
Top Bottom