PLEBA Girls Party - Bono the sexiest man of our year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Dis! I know i'm nothing all that special around here&not really missed, well you do! :love:

susanp6 said:
Thanks Dis! I know i'm nothing all that special around here&not really missed, well you do! :love:

oohh pfffttt....none of that now:hug: your Luuuuurrrrved around these parts:heart:

ummm..........:combust:

I have never seen these:drool:

bono73.jpg
[/IMG]

bono1.jpg
[/IMG]

ok so here is his speech so far- It's sorta crappy so be warned

Is it possible for one human to make a difference in life, Paul Hewson, otherwise known as Bono, the lead singer for one of the most popular bands of all time, has done this.
“As a rock star, I have two instincts, I want to have fun, and I want to change the world. I have a chance to do both.”
This quote by Bono depicts perfectly his attitude towards helping others and towards his love of music. The lead singer of U2, one of the biggest rock bands over the last 25 years has devoted his life and his musical talent for others. He is one of my hero’s because of his hard life growing up, his musical talent and his determination to change the world and help others.
Bono is one of the most talented musicians ever to record music. He along with his band mates in U2 have come from poor Irish families, working hard labor on the streets of Dublin to million dollar musicians. His brilliant, heart-felt lyrics are just part of his genius. Growing up in Dublin with only an older brother and a father. His mother died when Bono was only 14. When the band was young, Bono was the dominating force, singing, playing guitar, and writing songs. As the band progressed, he was limited to only vocals and song writing because of the Edge’s (U2’s guitarist) talent. As time passed the band became more popular and eventually their music expanded to the US. In October of 1980 they released their first of thirteen albums, including two greatest hits CDs. From the late 70’s to today U2 has come from a group with a dream to the top of the big time.
Another reason Bono is my hero is because of his great musical talent. He has a strong voice and writes awe-inspiring lyrics.

He needs stuff on Bono's musical talent and why he is known as one of the greatest singers ever

Hmmmmm :hmm:

Anyway, YOU want me Dis :flirt: that's good enough for me!!!! :love:

I've seen those Bono pix before Dis!!!! :yes:

Oh yes Congrats on seeing Adam in the ellipse!!!! That is SO brill for you - he's very tall isn't he when you see him like that?! :ohmy:

Targon:up: that is great so far!! awesome!

Thanks Susan..it was pretty exciting..I am still melting from the wink:drool:

Targon - Bono isn't really considered by everyone to have such awe-inspiring natural talent - it's his charisma, his ability to put so much emotion behind his music which touches people and makes U2's music what it is... on a very TECHNICAL level, he doesn't carry the kind of weight as a singer as he does on a popularity level, or an emotional one.

Yep, Bono is a mixture of fun&serious Targon! :up:

Who knows it's St. Andrews' day in Scotland?

But then think of Bob Dylan - he's the same way as in Technically he isn't a good singer but a LOT of people still love to listen

does any of that make sense? I'm not insulting Bono - It's more like I respect him and love his voice all the more for not being too stock perfect

Targon1991 said:
also do you know where i could find statistics of U2's musical career
like total number of records sold
Number of grammys won
stuff like that
:D

did you try bonoonline.com

they might have that stuff.

He's all heart :heart: :love:

and it comes through in his voice, and each individual person feels as if he is singing directly to them

and that is something he has always had

through the years you can hear him learning ways to use his voice better, but that love has always been there

I didn't say his voice wasn't amazing, Susan - I'm talking on a purely technical, tools and techniques of music level - and he isn't that bad, even, but there are plenty of things he does which - ok, consider a song to be a machine - there are gears that would stick and grind in Bono's technique - not perfect according to that stock design, but it works. not only does it work, it works BETTER in a lot of ways than the stock design.

he can't be fit into a category (none of the boys can, especially as musicians, and not even Bono would sound as good as he does without the other three. they are a perfect compliment to each other)

Did anyone see my Q about it's St. Andrew's day in Scotland? Bob Geldof is actually trying to get it arranged so that we have a huge celebration for it on this day in the future, just as equally as big as St. Patrick's day so what a guy eh?! :up: :happy: :dance:

Well, i think Bono does sound just as good singing on his own actually!

susanp6 said:
Did anyone see my Q about it's St. Andrew's day in Scotland? Bob Geldof is actually trying to get it arranged so that we have a huge celebration for it on this day in the future, just as equally as big as St. Patrick's day so what a guy eh?! :up: :happy: :dance:

thats pretty cool:up:

thats a school also right? There is a boy from here going there.

susanp6 said:
Well, i think Bono does sound just as good singing on his own actually!

Bono could burp the alphabet and you'd think he sounded like Bocelli or Pavorotti, Susan... you're approaching it as a fan, which is fine, but your ears hear Bono and you love it automatically, because it's your bias.

If I was told I was losing my hearing and could only hear one thing ever again, I would choose to hear Bono singing (preferably U2 as a whole) - I'm not insulting him

Back
Top Bottom