PLEBA Girls Party ... Bono gets hot & sweaty with Wild,Susan & Jemma In London, Baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FlyYourKite said:
BOOM-CHA! :dance: I'm in an extra awake mood today :lol:

Glad to hear the PLEBA meetings were a huge success! :love: You girls make me so happy :yes: I can't wait until September!!!!!!

Speaking of which, did you get the ticket yet SG? :rockon:

:yes: :hyper: The poor post-woman had to deal with me running out the door after her in my pajamas at 11 am because I got up at 9 am and because I had read until like 4 am the night before, I fell back asleep rather than getting up and on with my day as I should've. :lol:
I heard her knock, but I was so soundly asleep that it wasn't until the second round of knocks that I realized what I was hearing. So I got up and ran to the door, ran out and she was walking around the corner, going back to her truck and here I come after her in shorts and tank top (which I'd been sleeping in) with my hair going every which way crying out 'wait wait! that's my ticket to heaven!'

:lol: :lmao:

Sad_Girl said:

yeah, This Guys really amazing. He was an ER Dr. When I was working with the Ambulance, so I already knew him, but then he was diagnosed with Testicular cancer, and he left work to concentrate on finding alternative therapies to radiation and chemo. He beat it, too :applaud:

Now he has a private practice in the poorest county in the state and he's so busy it's ridiculous, but he still finds the time to do seminars and other education and research. :up: he's one of my real-life heroes. (Although it weirds me out a little how much he looks like Eddie Murphey sometimes :lmao: )

Cool. :) He's sounds awesome.

Night, DG. Feel better. :hug: :hug:

Sad_Girl said:

:yes: :hyper: The poor post-woman had to deal with me running out the door after her in my pajamas at 11 am because I got up at 9 am and because I had read until like 4 am the night before, I fell back asleep rather than getting up and on with my day as I should've. :lol:
I heard her knock, but I was so soundly asleep that it wasn't until the second round of knocks that I realized what I was hearing. So I got up and ran to the door, ran out and she was walking around the corner, going back to her truck and here I come after her in shorts and tank top (which I'd been sleeping in) with my hair going every which way crying out 'wait wait! that's my ticket to heaven!'

:lol: :lmao:

:lmao: Oh my goodness that's hilarious!! I would have been yelling incoherent U2 musings :lol: Glad to hear it got to you safe and sound. Now the excitement can officially begin!!! :hyper: :hyper:

russty

i don't remeber whether you started to read my u2 story...some threads back. after alotof posting trouble i finally finished it last night....

so it's...

first & second parts are on "too friendly" thread pgs 12 & 20then

Last part is one pg 3 of 2 bonos/morning thread

when you get time...
any one else too who hasn't and is curious...

ANBW.jpg

FlyYourKite said:

:lmao: Oh my goodness that's hilarious!! I would have been yelling incoherent U2 musings :lol:

Like....

Wait, It's a beautiful day...and sometimes you can't make it on your own...but maybe you elevate my soul...I think I know what she wants!!

:lol:

Sad_Girl said:

My sister was diagnosed when she was about my age (that was eight years or so ago) and she's just this incredibly strong woman, who I admire more than you can even imagine. In the past year she's started working with this Doctor who is doing tons of research on all sorts of diseases by suggesting that diet and hormone imbalances cause a lot of problems that western medicine doesn't know how to deal with. The big thing is lifestyle change (primarily Dietary) he hates that most doctors just throw pills at a problem to cover it up and don't bother to find out the underlying causes
She's doing so much better with him, it's remarkable. They're actually working on a book together on the subject (She's ghost writing it for him)

That is so great!!! I so admire people who take what they are given in life and try to make good out of it. I've changed alot of the things I was doing and eating and that has helped a ton. I don't see it as really a bad thing, because I understand how other people with chronic pain and illness feel. Its given me a compassion for people that not many truly understand. Its also led me to some amazing people in my life. I think God knew that I could handle it, so its okay. I go with it. Some days I'm not as stong as I'd like to be, but I just take it one day at a time.

Yesterday was a real shite day, but you know what I don't loose hope, cuz I woke up again today and started all over. Its what everyone does in this life. We all have our crosses to bear, its just how life is. But in everyday there is that glimmer of love and hope that always shines thru. Somedays its harder to find then others, but its there.

This afternoon when the girls where napping I was sitting on the couch sewing and I looked out our window and there was this tiny ray of sunshine peeking thru the clouds. It was the most beautiful thing. It was this really nice moment of peace. So I grabbed it up and put it in my heart for another day when things aren't as peaceful.

VintagePunk said:

Like....

Wait, It's a beautiful day...and sometimes you can't make it on your own...but maybe you elevate my soul...I think I know what she wants!!

:lol:

:laugh: Exactly! Or something along the lines of:

"Don't go!! PLEBA...ticket....must go.....concert....BLUE CRACK!" :lol:

Sad_Girl said:

:love: I love the center pic of B hugging the flag. :cute:

That quote "America is not just a country, it's an idea".... that's what Bono said during his graduation commencement speech at U-Penn back in 2004. There was a lot more that I'd love to elaborate on, but I'd wind up writing an essay about it. :laugh:

That speech makes me adore the man even more. :heart: He's just so inspiring.

Eless sent me the video today, so I spent the day watching/listening Bono. :drool:

Time well spent, I think....:wink:

dazzledbylight said:

oh SG this is wonderful!!!! :applaud: :happy:

you DO have an artistic eye! even if it's an unconsious one :D

I'm really really pleased with/proud of that one
I look at it and wonder how the hell I did something like that! :laugh:

Russty Cat said:

That is so great!!! I so admire people who take what they are given in life and try to make good out of it. I've changed alot of the things I was doing and eating and that has helped a ton. I don't see it as really a bad thing, because I understand how other people with chronic pain and illness feel. Its given me a compassion for people that not many truly understand. Its also led me to some amazing people in my life. I think God knew that I could handle it, so its okay. I go with it. Some days I'm not as stong as I'd like to be, but I just take it one day at a time.

Yesterday was a real shite day, but you know what I don't loose hope, cuz I woke up again today and started all over. Its what everyone does in this life. We all have our crosses to bear, its just how life is. But in everyday there is that glimmer of love and hope that always shines thru. Somedays its harder to find then others, but its there.

This afternoon when the girls where napping I was sitting on the couch sewing and I looked out our window and there was this tiny ray of sunshine peeking thru the clouds. It was the most beautiful thing. It was this really nice moment of peace. So I grabbed it up and put it in my heart for another day when things aren't as peaceful.

Russty, I truly love and admire your outlook on life. :love: You sound like you have quite a load to bear sometimes and reading these posts inspires me to not bitch about the little things that are going on in my life. You have this great ability to turn anything negative into something positive, and I just wanted to say it's awesome. :heart:

VintagePunk said:

Not to sound like an idiot, but FMS = fibromyalgia, right?

If that's the case, she really hasn't been feeling well lately. Soreness to the degree that it's driving her crazy. Her doctor is waiting for some tests to come back, and once these things are eliminated, she said there are some good meds that she can be put on...although from what I've heard, meds aren't really that helpful...don't want to take away her hope, though. :(

lol yeah FMS is Fibromyalgia. Definetly wait to see what they say and don't give up hope! Its different for everyone and for some people they do have things that will work and help. Best thing if they do diagnose her is to get books and read up on it. I've gone thru lots of trials of medicine and different therapies. So far we haven't really found much that works for me. But a friend of mine has and she is doing a ton better.

FlyYourKite said:

Russty, I truly love and admire your outlook on life. :love: You sound like you have quite a load to bear sometimes and reading these posts inspires me to not bitch about the little things that are going on in my life. You have this great ability to turn anything negative into something positive, and I just wanted to say it's awesome. :heart:

Totally agree!! Russty :heart: :hug:

Russty Cat said:

:yes: :hug: :hug: :heart: Thats my POV exactly. :)

Russty Cat said:

lol yeah FMS is Fibromyalgia. Definetly wait to see what they say and don't give up hope! Its different for everyone and for some people they do have things that will work and help. Best thing if they do diagnose her is to get books and read up on it. I've gone thru lots of trials of medicine and different therapies. So far we haven't really found much that works for me. But a friend of mine has and she is doing a ton better.

She'sbeen working through it for a couple of months now...but she's been off work for the past week. She thinks she'll be going back anytime now. :(

She's a tough one, though...both her and my mom. :lol: If anyone can do it, it would be her. :heart:

Fly, I've never been able to put anything together artistically before; I'm an avid Comic book collector/reader, so I've tried and tried to learn to draw but :shrug: so you should definitely see what you can come up with for walpaper; you never know until you try! (And I've been working with this particular photo editor for a long time now; I started out making Comic book wallpapers and screensavers so It took a lot of practice before I got to create something I thought was worth sharing)
:hug:

Sad_Girl said:
Fly, I've never been able to put anything together artistically before; I'm an avid Comic book collector/reader, so I've tried and tried to learn to draw but :shrug: so you should definitely see what you can come up with for walpaper; you never know until you try! (And I've been working with this particular photo editor for a long time now; I started out making Comic book wallpapers and screensavers so It took a lot of practice before I got to create something I thought was worth sharing)

The practice paid off though, cause you do a breathtakingly beautiful job!! :love:

Sad_Girl said:

see sg, esp depending on whsat kind of comic books you were reading esp if they were more adventuresome in their layout designs on the pages and even 2 page spread, your mind must have been picking it up by osmosis...and adding to what hidden natural talent you already had :D :yes:

Thanks so much you guys! I have days that I'm not as up, but if I give into those days eventually I will sink under the waves and not come back up for air.

VP um I went off work 6 years ago, I thought it was just for a bit. Sadly I've never been able to go back. I'm okay with it now. I love my life and wouldn't change a thing. Its an amazing gift I have to be an artist full time like I had always hoped. I just never figured it would happen when I was 22. It sure would be nice though if I could start making some real money. My rockstar boyfriends are getting to be way to expensive! :giggle:

SG I love your wallpapers and I think you have way more artistic talent then you think. I suck at drawing. But there are so many ways to express are selves beyond that. You have to learn to embrace the artist inside and just let it rip! hehe Hell have you checked out the impressionist painters? They probably couldn't draw worth crap either. :wink:

FlyYourKite said:

Ditto. :up: :heart: :hug:

dazzledbylight said:

see sg, esp depending on whsat kind of comic books you were reading esp if they were more adventuresome in their layout designs on the pages and even 2 page spread, your mind must have been picking it up by osmosis...and adding to what hidden natural talent you already had :D :yes:

I'm awed by some of the art you find in comic books, I just love it. It's such a unique medium; a combination of the visual arts and the written word :up:

Some of it, of course, is sort of thrown together and junky looking, but there are some artists who will even paint an entire graphic novel in oil :love:

Okay I'm annoucning now that I can no longer type or spell so please no making fun of the typing and thinking challeneged. :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom