Pleba Girls Party - Are you in 3D or just pleased to see us??!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dianepm said:
This is an extremely stupid question and I"m almost embarassed to ask it...but do you get seasons like from spring to fall and such in Australia?
Don't be embarassed! No such thing as a stupid question :wink:

The very northern parts of Australia are in the tropics, and tend to have wet season and dry season rather than summer/winter etc... but most of the rest of the country/continent is temperate and does have the usual seasonal thing going on. We don't see snow except in the more mountainous areas (and Australia's mountains really are molehills next to other mountains around the world), but it is definitely cooler in winter and hotter in summer.

<--- weather:nerd:

dianepm said:
At least when you go out of your house in Feb you don't have to put on gloves, ear muffs, winter coat, winter boots, and a hat.

Takes me 5 minutes just to get out the stupid door.
Trust me, I'm not complaining!
Depending on things (Melbourne's in the southern part of the country and has a reputation for unpredictable weather), if I walk out of the house in February, I might get fried to a crisp and pass out from heatstroke. :wink:

We've had 128cm (over 4' for the 'muricans) of snow in 2008 here in TO - we usually get this much snow over the entire winter, not a month and a half! :ohmy: :madspit:

(Make one army joke Diane and I'll throw a snowball at you ;))

dianepm said:
Me?? a former torontonian make an army joke? :angel:

(I lived in Aurora for 23 years and I don't ever remember getting that much snow.)

*snerk*

I wasn't living here in Jan 99 when the blizzard hit but I *was* in town... very nearly didn't get on my flight back to Thunder Bay! Pearson Airport was absolutely insane - you should've seen all the people (who I presume were doing standby/stranded) practically camping out in Terminal 2 :huh:

And that is why I would never ever fly anywhere out of Canada in the winter. You just never know what it's gong to do now. I mean, they even get tornados in Southern Ontario. Last year when I was at my friends house in Richmond Hill (I go up every summer) we had a wicked storm and I think one touched down in Markham.

wow..takes me that long to drive from here to TO. Mind you, if you were to take a ruler and draw a line from where I am to Ontario, I think we are on the same level as North Bay. I usually take the train (any time I don't have to drive through Montreal is a good thing) and that takes from 10:30 at night until about 3:30 the next afternoon. That includes about an hour and a half in Montreal to wait for the connection.

You could hop over (well, compared to coming back to TO it would be hopping over :lol: ) to Halifax if it's playing there, they have an IMAX :wink:

I have a completely off topic question to ask about fanfic. (I'm writing again....which is a good thing because for the last couple of weeks or so I haven't been able to write anything.)

Is it ok to put wives/girlfriends in the story? I want Ann and Morleigh to be friends with my main character.

Well, girls....I thought I might be able to sit here and chat a bit, but the dog has other plans.:lol:

So far she has brought me the cell phone, two shoes, and a dog chewy thing. And now I hear her in the bath tub licking the water out of the jets :lol:

Gotta go :hug:

Back
Top Bottom