Pleba Girls Party - All we want for Christmas is Paul, Larry, Edge, Bono & Adam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Sad_Girl
:hug: I'm glad to hear you've gotten some advice/better news regarding the prescriptions :yes:

:hug: thanks

And of all the things in a persons life, their medications are not something that can be messed with or taken away without major consequences. I'm thankful for my husbands insurance; back before he got a full time position with the county and we had no insurance.

Yeah! like heeeeeeeeeelloooooo!!!! knock, knock is anybody home?!?
<altho unfortunately it's worse than that ....a lot of those people don't give a rat's ass............or they've done the figures and the morre money they get through these planss will off-set the cost of say? "wrongful injury or death" indictments! :mad: :scream:

Thank goodness for your husbands insurance...... :hug:

I once dropped a brand-new $80 prescription in the toilet. :crack:
I'm surprised I survived the experience :lol:

:yikes: :yikes:

Sad_Girl said:

Thanks for the tip :up: I'm a big believer in the power of ibuprofin; it reduces swelling a little and helps ease the pain. But natural techniques are always the first, best course of action.

Sami - isn't it neat to watch a child as they grow up, mature, start showing interest in older things and become little people and not just kids? :heart:

:yes: She's 9 now..but she's the oldest one that I remember from the day she was born (if that makes sense) :cute:

I love it...now she's getting to the age where she asks me what's cool to wear, or what music I like (I've already started her on the U2 :wink:) or tells me about boys she has a crush on or something :lol: :cute:

Sad_Girl said:

:lol: It was just a pic for GG's birthday thread :)

editing1.jpg

:lol:
Nice!!

Shame you can't see my brand on his arse. :wink:

Now......if only I could get that for christmas :drool:

My dad just called out of nowhere to tell me that OOTS is becoming one of his all time favorite U2 songs and that he never thought HTDAAB was so great and that it didn't even compare to the earlier stuff but now since he listens to it all the time he thinks its amazing and brilliant and he wishes he could have seen them but he doesn't have the money to go to SLC or Portland :lol:

:tsk:

sami0201 said:

:yes : She's 9 now..but she's the oldest one that I remember from the day she was born (if that makes sense) :cute:

:yes: I know what you mean.

sami0201 said:

I love it...now she's getting to the age where she asks me what's cool to wear, or what music I like (I've already started her on the U2 :wink :) or tells me about boys she has a crush on or something :lol: :cute:

:cute: I love it! I still remember when my boys were young and thought the backstreet boys were cool :giggle: :cute:

bri! :yikes: you've still got a long haul before you're done with classes, then. :hug: I wish I could help somehow

sami0201 said:
My dad just called out of nowhere to tell me that OOTS is becoming one of his all time favorite U2 songs and that he never thought HTDAAB was so great and that it didn't even compare to the earlier stuff but now since he listens to it all the time he thinks its amazing and brilliant and he wishes he could have seen them but he doesn't have the money to go to SLC or Portland :lol:

:crack: Gee, thanks Dad! :sigh:

:lmao:

sami0201 said:

:up: that's good he likes it

my dad wouldn't have a clue who they are & my mom knows a few songs (because i play them all the time) i am getting her trained though :wink:

OOTS :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:

:yes: I know what you mean.

:cute: I love it! I still remember when my boys were young and thought the backstreet boys were cool :giggle: :cute:

aww! :cute:
my first concert ever was the Backstreet Boys :shh: :lol:

yup, my uncle and I are teaching her the right stuff to listen to :wink:

but of course she likes the "popular" people who her friends like too...but what can ya do?! :lol:

the rockin edge said:

:up: that's good he likes it

my dad wouldn't have a clue who they are & my mom knows a few songs (because i play them all the time) i am getting her trained though :wink:

OOTS :drool : : drool: :drool : :drool : : drool:

:lol: my dad was a fan from the beginning *proud*

he saw them on October tour and then twice on the JT tour :rockon: :drool:

and my mom's always known who they were but I've converted her to a big fan :rockon: she went with me to GA and thinks Bono is gorgeous :lmao: :happy:

sami0201 said:

<--------is still in denial that she won't be seeing the boys until the next tour :lmao:

you're not alone :lol:

BUT i will not totally give up hope that they still might have enough show-buzz in them to return for a few last dates in the USA :drool: :drool: :drool:

so as Yogi Berra said...."it ain't over till it's over!"

:wink:

Last edited:
sami0201 said:

:lol: my dad was a fan from the beginning *proud*

he saw them on October tour and then twice on the JT tour :rockon: :drool:

and my mom's always known who they were but I've converted her to a big fan :rockon: she went with me to GA and thinks Bono is gorgeous :lmao: :happy:

that's cool :cool:

my mom will never be a big fan of U2 :wink:

hey SG :hyper: :wink:

dazzledbylight said:

you're not alone :lol:

BUT i will not totally give up hope that they still might have enough show-buzz in them to return for a few last dates in the USA :drool: :drool: :drool:

so as Yogi Gerra said...."it ain't over till it's over!"

:wink:

I wish :sigh: I just don't think they will...but of course I HOPE they would!

Sad_Girl said:

You never know! :wink:

:hyper:

:laugh:

I still haven't found a copy of Q :sad:

neither have I. :sad:
I searched a bunch of places yesterday, Chapters was my best bet. And they have none.

What's worse, is I got looked at like I was insane all the time. :|
"Q?!?! :eyebrow:....you mean GQ?"
"No Q."
"Umm.....ok......."

Apparently chapters does carry it, but I don't know if they are sold out of this issue, or if they just haven't gotten it yet

I wish and hope that the boys would come back to TO, but somehow I don't think they will.
Except for...err..private, one man shows :shifty: :drool:

~BrightestStar~ said:

I wish and hope that the boys would come back to TO, but somehow I don't think they will.
Except for...err..private, one man shows :shifty: :drool:

While Larry and Bono were in Mexico a few weeks ago, Adam was in Toronto :hyper:

He was spotted at a Depeche Mode concert :shifty:

the rockin edge said:

that's cool :cool:

my mom will never be a big fan of U2 :wink:

I've got a nice little Mom & U2 story...

she's been hearing about them for .....since i started to become a fan of them in 80/81............and then more so during the decades..........

She's been with us in spirit {my sis, & our friends} through all our super major fav groups.....{previous to u2}... The WHo, Springsteen, Patti Smith, Television, and.....The Beatles.........
And has saved concert tix monies up for us in the 70's early 60's before there were ATMs, before the Net, when you usually had to either go running down to the box office or ticket master........OR MAIL in a MONEY order or check for the tixs.

I've been raving about u2 all this past year...and telling her about my adventures and shows since brooklyn...when i go up to visit her or by phone.

so she says to me.....

" S...ARE u2 AS GOOD AS The Beatles or {either} springsteen or Who. I can't remember which one of the other two she said

and I said......."oh YEAH, mom, do you thing I 'd be rounding around the city etc and spending ALL this money/time if they WEREN'T ?!

I :heart: my R&R mom.................
<she never hated it...the way our dad did>

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom