Pleba Girls Party: All Star Action!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elessarian said:
:yikes:

Their textbook is 61 bucks and it's garbage...tacky and confusing. They have to have something I guess.

Did it tick y'all off when you had to buy a book that the prof. didn't really go by?

I have to buy all of my books for school now and in the past 3 years some of the books I've bought I've hardly used. Pisses me off. :madspit:

VintagePunk said:

Don't sell your Trivial Pursuit skills short! They're really impressive in a party setting. :wink:

I'm a trivia geek, too. :)

I love Trivia Pursuit. Problem is, just about everyone I know in RL knows how good I am at it and doesn't want to play against me. :|

Dad used to get somewhat peeved when we'd play Trivial Pursuit and I didn't know the answer to an Arts & Literature question. "I sent you to school," he'd say, " and you don't know ..."

Elessarian said:

Their textbook is 61 bucks and it's garbage...tacky and confusing. They have to have something I guess.

Did it tick y'all off when you had to buy a book that the prof. didn't really go by?

yeah, but not at the prof. I would much rather be taught something by the prof who knows what they're talking about then have them try and use a mandatory book which confuses everyone and :censored:'s everything up. I've had too many classes happen that way :crack: :banghead:

DG Welcome back. :hug: I know you're having a hard time with the college plans, but you'll get by. Is your mom still giving you such a hard time?

jobob said:

What's your major, Bri? English? Art? Something else?
Do you plan to go to grad school?

We're this crazy programme called Arts&Science...not alot of schools have it yet.
As for future plans, I have always wanted to be a vet. So I continue in that general direction. :)

:uhoh:
But on the school note....I still haven't selected my courses :yikes:
I can't decide if I want to take chem or not.
And if I don't I need to email bio profs for exemptions..
:scream:

Stupid school :grumpy:

Pretty much. I'm in a no-win situation no matter what I do. :sigh:

I'm hoping she changes her mind again for the millionth time and decides to stay here or move to Arizona. I wouldn't mind U of Arizona. :D

Elessarian said:

Yes. :| Especially when they're like $150. :mad:

Sad_Girl said:

:yes: Absolutely. Poor Russty got about half of my JPG's all effectively dumped in a heap, not cleaned up or sorted well or anything :lol: But this CD will reveal to anyone who recieves it just how analy-retentive/over organized I can be :reject:

Bri - I was in a hurry - the names on most of them are slightly better, but I had to create a seperate file for the ones which I needed to add to photobucket so voila! upload 1, 2 , 3 etc... :lmao: I know, not as entertaining as bonohottiewoah or anything like that :wink:

I can't wait!! :drool: You could just bring it to Toronto with you, to save the postage. :hug:

daygloeyes2 said:

I have to buy all of my books for school now and in the past 3 years some of the books I've bought I've hardly used. Pisses me off. :madspit:

Well, I'm gonna give my students the Amazon link tomorrow so they can get the book for 25 dollars instead of 60. It's time to stick it to the Man! The man, of course, being the University book store. :wink:

Elessarian said:

Well, I'm gonna give my students the Amazon link tomorrow so they can get the book for 25 dollars instead of 60. It's time to stick it to the Man! The man, of course, being the University book store. :wink:

I get most of my books used, but it still pisses me off when I have to buy a book I hardly use. :angry:

jobob said:

I love Trivia Pursuit. Problem is, just about everyone I know in RL knows how good I am at it and doesn't want to play against me. :|

Dad used to get somewhat peeved when we'd play Trivial Pursuit and I didn't know the answer to an Arts & Literature question. "I sent you to school," he'd say, " and you don't know ..."

My trivia skills caught the attention of the head recreation director on my recent vacation. :drool: :hyper:

I'll bet he even went home and told his wife how good I am. :grumpy:

VintagePunk said:

I can't wait!! :drool: You could just bring it to Toronto with you, to save the postage. :hug:

I'm sure it'll be done before that :lol: :yikes: I hope so anyway. Postage is no problem.

Is Drea still here, lurking? or did she run away without saying goodbye?

and has anyone heard from Elys lately?

Elessarian said:

I give the finger to my uni book store.

Before a math midterm, i realized I had the wrong solutions manual.
I desperately needed it.
They didn't have it, and were happy to order it.
They only needed 2 weeks at most (I had 3 to spare), I'd get an email and a call.
Guess what?
Like 6 months later. They never contacted me.....and school is now out.
And I did email them once.
They said that they would clal.
Bastards.

:|

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:
:hug: Aww... I just don't get enough GG time :sad:

Sleep well, sweet dreams :)

*:lol: I'm trying to update more often, just for you, GG :flirt:

and I'm doing something special just for you, ya know......

came back for a few, I really need to go to be though.
tomorrow night I can stay up with y'all.

Sad_Girl said:
about the use/lack of use of college texts:

yeah, but not at the prof. I would much rather be taught something by the prof who knows what they're talking about then have them try and use a mandatory book which confuses everyone and :censored:'s everything up. I've had too many classes happen that way :crack: :banghead:

DG Welcome back. :hug: I know you're having a hard time with the college plans, but you'll get by. Is your mom still giving you such a hard time?

I was always more upset by how :censored: ing much college and grad school textbooks cost. Good God, as much as $80-90 for a book you know they'd only charge you $25 for if it were hardcover fiction! And even if your college bookstore is a Barnes and Noble, you can't use the Barnes and Noble discount club for textbooks (believe me, I asked)! And we all know what a ripoff buyback is! :rant:

DG: Too bad your mom won't let you go to school where you want to go to school. :|

~BrightestStar~ said:

I give the finger to my uni book store.

Before a math midterm, i realized I had the wrong solutions manual.
I desperately needed it.
They didn't have it, and were happy to order it.
They only needed 2 weeks at most (I had 3 to spare), I'd get an email and a call.
Guess what?
Like 6 months later. They never contacted me.....and school is now out.
And I did email them once.
They said that they would clal.
Bastards.

It's been ...hmm.

As I like to say, don't let the bastards grind you down. :wink:

Y'know, that would make a really good song lyric :hmm:

Joanne, it's a tough situation. But I'll get through it. :hug:

VintagePunk said:

My trivia skills caught the attention of the head recreation director on my recent vacation. :drool: :hyper:

I'll bet he even went home and told his wife how good I am. :grumpy:

:laugh:!!

VintagePunk said:
Crap!!!! :yikes: That reminds me, I have another course I need to take in the fall....I'd forgotten all about it, and it's probably full now!! :scream:

Great, now I feel so much better about my course selection inaction.
Even if in 2nd year things just don't fill up.

:hug:

Elessarian said:

Walmart.com also has lots and lots of textbooks online at dirtcheap prices. Even though I officially can't stand Walmart, I did order a few of my grad school books through them.

~BrightestStar~ said:

:laugh:!!

Great, now I feel so much better about my course selection inaction.
Even if in 2nd year things just don't fill up.

:hug:

This is just a BS course I need for the extra certificates I'm going for...I don't need it for my degree. Still, it's only offered once a year, and I'd like to get it out of the way. :|

VintagePunk said:

This is just a BS course I need for the extra certificates I'm going for...I don't need it for my degree. Still, it's only offered once a year, and I'd like to get it out of the way. :|

Aww.
I'm sure it's not full yet. :)
That reminds me of courses that are offered only once every other year (and this is only in 3rd year)! It seems kinda screwy to me. :|

Anyhoo
Night! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom