Pleba Girls: Moving South.......To Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
greeneyedgirl said:
Luckily, Mr GG's mom is a wonderful woman who treats me like the daughter she always wanted. She has filled the gap since I was 15.
I hope you both use this experience to make yourselves strong women like I did. I'm not saying hate you parents, though.
I'm just saying that stages like this in your life make you who you are in the future. I hope you make the right choices.

GG sorry about your mum, sounds like you're mother in law is fab though:heart: :hug::hug:

In ways my dad has made me stronger but it also messed me up, we can just try make the best of life :hug:

dazzledbylight said:

I'd glad you have found a kind of loving "stepmom".....:hug:

Hehehe, she is so sweet.
She had to sit us both down 4 days before our wedding to talk to us about sex, birthcontrol, condoms, lubricants :laugh:
We had no clue :wink:
She knew that my mom didn't tell me a thing.

GG I've come to realize your right. At some point you have to look to the future and try not to let the bad things your parents did keep affecting you.

But I totally know how all of you are feeling. I start therapy next week and a major protion of it, is because of the abuse from my childhood. I still speak with my parents on occasion, but they live 500 miles away for a good reason. :lol: That way when i want to strangle them, the price of gas makes me think twice. :wink:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
Awww GG :hug:

My Mom has always been sick...has been since the day I was born

oh boy that's kind of eVen worse that me, Weldy! :HUG:
She got sick when i was 4 1/2 . I have as far as i can tell only one image {which I don't really know is real or a dream I had say at 5 yr old remembering back to my even earlier yrs :lol:....standing up in a crib, looking around my room.

So my memories are around from 4 on. My sister was born when i was 4 1/4. And before i was 5, my Mom had come down with asthma a bad case when I'd often watch her half choking/weezing several time a day even! :yikes:
This wnet on for close to 13 yrs before new meds drastically cut her attacks down {thanks the Powers and Science !}

Last edited:
greeneyedgirl said:

Hehehe, she is so sweet.
She had to sit us both down 4 days before our wedding to talk to us about sex, birthcontrol, condoms, lubricants :laugh:
We had no clue :wink:
She knew that my mom didn't tell me a thing.

:lol: That was one of the only good things my mother did for me. Lots of talk early on about how to prevent pregnancy and how to take care of myself.

The night before I got married she gave me a brown paper bag and I opened it up and it was lubricant! I was uncomfortable as it was then she told me she made my dad buy it! :ohmy: :huh:

dazzledbylight said:
Extra :hug :s to you all esp with either parent problems of the {whichever kind of} abusiveness kind.

My dad started to really become emotionally abusive after his 2nd depression, though he had been occasioanly when i was very young as well.

Even though he went to therapy several times- he never told any therapist except the last one that BOTH of his parents were severe alcoholics!! :yikes :
Who knows what stuff he went through, never got clear up/concious of to start to diminish effects etc

After his last major depression in 90's he got even worst and has threatened to hit me several times.....which I managed to talk him out of it.....
But again also more demanding nasty etc.....He just was not often good to be around any more and he drove people away.

I'd visit him in the nursing home and at least occasionally it would be a nice visit.
After he had his major stroke {? 3 yrs ago} he lost almost all his nastiness, but also a lot of the good quailites....it's I think alot tied up with quite serious short term memory problems.

SO for past 3 yrs he's usually on the quiiter side , and quite sweet {which he also used to be before the nastier emotioned reigned}.

So he's gotten more hugs & kisses from me in the past 3 yrs than the previous 20! He still retains a pretty good amount of cogency that gets messed up because of how quickly his memory blinks out.... every 4 - 1 min.

Dazz :hug:

sorry about all that, your dad when you were younger and his stroke :hug: unfortunatley it sounds like he went through alot even though that would never excuse the way he treated you :hug:

my dad hever nit me, but he used to hit my mum when i was around and he just upset me emotionally, the way he treated me when i he left and funnliy enough when i was like 5 i was a real daddys girl according to my mums mum :huh: :| :eyebrow:

dazzledbylight said:

She got sick when i was 4 1/2 . I have as far as i can tell only one image {which I don't really know is real or a dream I had say at 5 yr old remembering back to my even earlier yrs :lol:....standing up in a crib, looking around my room.

So my memories are around from 4 on. My sister was born when i was 4 1/4. And before i was 5, my Mom had come down with asthma a bad case when I'd often watch her half choking/weezing several time a day even! :yikes:
This wnet on for close to 13 yrs before new meds drastically cut her aTTACKS DOWN {THANK THE POWERS AND SCINCE!}!

Yea...she had a kidney transplant four years before I was born cause of a kidney diease...then about 10 years ago she developed Bipolar....but I always assumed she had it before started taking the meds....then recently she had to go to the hospital for lung problems, phenomia (I think...I know it was an infection of some kind)...and finally she had a hernia when she was trying to life a case of pop.

Dazz and Weldy I feel for ya. My mom was sick my whole life as well. She didn't really start showing signs as much till I was about 10, but I have memories of being a kid when she would go on "vacation" for a while. I never understood why we weren't allowed to go. Years later I finally realized she was being hospitalized at the time and my dad just told us she was on holiday with her friends.

Dazz, DG, BG, and Weldy
So sorry that you all had to go thru those hard times when you were so young.
I remember my mom being sick alot too.
She once busted her stiches after surgery and I had to help her stop the bleeding until the paramedics got there. Think I was 8.

bonoishot said:

Dazz :hug:

sorry about all that, your dad when you were younger and his stroke :hug: unfortunatley it sounds like he went through alot even though that would never excuse the way he treated you :hug:

my dad hever nit me, but he used to hit my mum when i was around and he just upset me emotionally, the way he treated me when i he left and funnliy enough when i was like 5 i was a real daddys girl according to my mums mum :huh: :| :eyebrow:

that IS so awful to watch someelse being hit!

Hi girls just read thru the thread and I am sorry to hear about the sick parents. Like Rusty said growing up was not easy when your mom is always sick. I lost my mom at 13. so I know what kind of pain you are feeling now:( :hug:

and weldy sorry about your muj, that must be hard! my mum was sick for a year and that was hard :(

but i had a year i spent with her as i looked after her and didnt work during this time it was nice spending so much time with her :heart:

:hug:

WildHoney said:
Ahh girls i'm sorry about all your parent problems :hug:

I'm so lucky, mine are still together and we get on fine, although my dad can be hard work at times. He actually mellowed out since Jamie was born :cute:

Thats so :cute: your parents are still together and they made things work, my grandparents are still together :cute:

:hug:

Jamie is soo :cute::heart:

greeneyedgirl said:

She once busted her stiches after surgery and I had to help her stop the bleeding until the paramedics got there. Think I was 8.

OMG gg :yikes:!!!! :hug: :hug:

My mom also....her stiches opened after ??hernia surgery, but this was when they keep you alot longer in the hospital-- it happened there!!!!

And unfortuanly for me the stress from my mom's illnesses, dad's { earlier on}abuse, and the building we lived in from when i was around 7 - 17-- where it was a wonderful building if the fucking :mad: landlord hadn't started to let it go to semi-hell {i've seen photos of worse!!} a few years after we moved in.....

all this unexpressed uspet I had which wasn't as understood for children as it is now....def had mess ups for me in different ways..... but at least there were positives that helped me do/be (in certain ways ) do well in Life.

Of course when i was in my just 30's I had heard ....it time as an adult to try and undo the unhealthy thing you could get from your upbringing...familiar or society/culture. ANd so i started out to do that.

dazzledbylight said:

This wnet on for close to 13 yrs before new meds drastically cut her aTTACKS DOWN {THANK THE POWERS AND SCINCE!}!

dazz

glad your mums asthma is easier to control now :hug:

Back
Top Bottom