pleba girls, i need your help! (bono girls esp!!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
i'm working on a project for a class of mine, and i have to come up with a timeline, and i'm doing it on bono. some of the stuff i wanna include i already have the dates on, but some of them i'm not so sure of:

- when his mother was killed
- when he got expelled from uh...you know, that school where he threw dog shit at that teacher. (a name would help a lot too lol)
- when he started mount temple
- birthdates (and as full of names as possible) of his four kids
- his wedding date (and does anyone know alison's middle name?)

and if anyone can give me any specific dates of important stuff he's done in his political works, like the stuff in ethiopia, apartheid, and more recently, africa.

ugh, this makes me sound like such a bad fan. :silent:

thanks in advance guys! :)

Bono's mother was not killled (that was Larry's mum who had the wreck) she died of a brain hemorrage. It was Sept. 1974. She collapesed at the funeral of her father, who had died of the same thing. *chills* :(

Bono put the doo on the teacher at age 11. He went to Mt. Temple at age 12 (apparently it was a middle/high school)

Jordan- May 10, 1989 (Bono's 29th birthday)
Memphis Eve- July 7(?) 1991
Elijah Bob Guggi Patricius- August 18, 1999
John Abraham- May 21, 2001

Married- August 21, 1982

He went to Africa in late May, 2002. His work with Africa started of course with Live Aid in 1985, and he and Ali went to Ethiopia afterward. He has taken many trips for his humanitarian work, but I don't have exact dates. I'm sure we can find them.

Tabby said:
Bono's mother was not killled
yeah, i don't know why i said that, lol. i even wrote that down on my notes so i'd remember everything i was planning on writing down. :huh:

exact dates for his humanitarian efforts aren't really needed, the rought dates you gave are just fine. :)

thank you so much! :D :hug:

I've never ever hard of Bono being expelled from school. Nor of being expelled cos he threw dog shit at a teacher. :huh: I can't even imagine that.

i'll see if i can find a quote of him talking about his expulsion. i know about adam's from mount temple for streaking. :wink: (plus the ones in the past that got him to mount temple in the first place) i think it's in the book "the unforgettable fire."

yep, here it is! he went to glasnevin national school. (if anyone has the book, it's on pg. 23-24) it was his spanish teacher, she seemed like a real bitch. she'd "look at his work and, showing no emotion, strike lines through his copy, handing it back to him without comment, without even looking at him."

so one day, during their lunch break, he followed her to where she ate her lunch (at a nearby park) and threw dog shit at her. :D

Yeah, but not everything in that book is gospel. The band have disassociated themselves from that book due to the embellishment of some of the incidents.

But that part may still be true. Bono was a bit of a little shit when he was young. (No pun intended.) ;)

martha said:
Yeah, but not everything in that book is gospel. The band have disassociated themselves from that book due to the embellishment of some of the incidents.
yeah i know, but i swear i read him actually say (like wherever i read it quoted him on it) it elsewhere as well, it could've even been on U2 legends, but i doubt it, cuz i distinctly remember him saying "dog shit," which of course he couldn't say on vh1. but i remember him saying something like "yeah, once i threw dog shit at my spanish teacher" or something very similar.

anyway, i've finished the project, i took the pictures of the poster board (very pretty if i say so myself) so hopefully i'll get the pics developed soon, whenever my mom finishes the roll. at the very least, she's going out of town next week and i told her to take pics (she's going up to minnesota and wisconsin so we wanna see "real snow") while she's there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom