Pleba Girls/Guys Party - Memories of U2 & Pleba meetups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

OMG, yes!!!!!! :hyper: :happy: And it was a year ago tomorrow that we sat outside the doors, heard Mofo and Discotheque. And oh yeah...MET THEM!!!!! :happy:

I can't believe I didn't that part in my last post! :lol: An hour of them working on Discotheque, 45 mins of MoFo... :hyper: Which almost - stress on the ALMOST - made up for not hearing it live on the Saturday because I was three. hours. away. :(

Re: Re: Re: Pleba Girls/Guys Party - Memories of U2 & Pleba meetups

WildHoney said:

:hug:

Here's a question for you

Was it better meeting Us or BONO ???

:evil:

Honestly? Okay, I'm the worst pleban ever :shifty: but all you girls. Definitely. :yes: Bono's cool and all, but you're all like my sisters. :love:

Drea said:

I can't believe I didn't that part in my last post! :lol: An hour of them working on Discotheque, 45 mins of MoFo... :hyper: Which almost - stress on the ALMOST - made up for not hearing it live on the Saturday because I was three. hours. away. :(

I remember talking to Ruff on the phone several times that day, and everytime I told her what was going on, she was SCREAMING into the phone! :lmao:

Thora :hug: You'll definitely have to be there next time! :yes:

waynetravis said:
what did it sound like?

:hmm: i wondering thre is a recording of it?..

If my memory is correct, I think Discotheque sounded pretty much as it did when it was performed in Tor and Chicago the next week. (Just asked Sarah, and she said yes, it did).

Mofo - the music sounded heavier, heavier guitars, and Bono was singing over it, but it didn't sound like he was singing the correct lyrics, couldn't make out the words, but they were mostly random. Mofo sounded extremely cool, but much less polished and show-ready than Discotheque.

:hmm:

My meet-ups aren't TILL Oct & Nov

at THIS point......I was staring to worry like :yikes: IF i was going to be able to get ANY more tix for U2, :sad: << and def getting Envious of those who were already going to their 4th or so concert. EXCEPT I was WAAAAAYYY less envious of my virgin Pleban U2-concert goers, After all, lotsa of you had waited a loooooong time to FINALLYto finally SEE them :hug: >> so........

.......luckily........

......I DID!!!!! :hyper: :happy: :drool: :happy: :hyper:

Last edited:
WildHoney said:

Down the front of the elipse that night was awesome

:sad: shame you wasn't with us :hug:

Oh, it's no big deal, I was either in or on the outside rail every other night, and after a week of being there, and being sick, we really needed some rest. We still had to make it through Chicago. :lol:

waynetravis said:
what did it sound like?

:hmm: i wondering thre is a recording of it?..

I don't have any notes for MoFo in my notebook other than the fact they were rehearsing it - think I was too shocked :lol: Don't think there's a recording of it, a bunch of us were sitting by the doors, and none of us had any taping equipment - sorry :wink:

(Then again, the only notes I have for Discotheque are "1st and 2nd time instrumental, 3rd time w/ vocals" :lol: )

Drea said:

I don't have any notes for MoFo in my notebook other than the fact they were rehearsing it - think I was too shocked :lol: Don't think there's a recording of it, a bunch of us were sitting by the doors, and none of us had any taping equipment - sorry :wink:

(Then again, the only notes I have for Discotheque are "1st and 2nd time instrumental, 3rd time w/ vocals" :lol: )

I'd forgotten you took notes! :lmao:

Weird, I can remember Mofo a lot more clearly than Discotheque. :lol: I guess because that's what most people on here were asking me about, how it sounded.

WildHoney said:

And what would you give to be doing it all again right now.....:drool:

That night when we hung out by the soundboard (but more to the side)...when SG and I saw those people running...OMG, I laughed SO HARD that night, and have laughed about it so many times since, it was almost worth not being at the front. :lmao: :lmao:

I'd LOVE a do-over...the whole two weeks! :drool:

Dazzled, I'm so glad you were able to get tickets! :)

VintagePunk said:

I'd LOVE a do-over...the whole two weeks! :drool:

Dazzled, I'm so glad you were able to get tickets! :)

:drool: I'd Love a do-over, too.

ANd I WAS ENVIOUS all of you were meeting up and having SUCH a great time. Luckily i met a {very} few of you, later.
Except fo one person, everyone else I met wasn't the PGP'rs thatd I talked to the most.

Back
Top Bottom