Pleba Girls (and Guys)' Party - Just the bang and the clatter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diane! :hug:

How are you?

I myself was looking at job postings yesterday ... and am tired of seeing hardly any that A. are entry-level and B. are in my state. :sigh:

And if I were smarter, much smarter, and better organized, I would have done something else I really ought to do a long time ago. Instead of mostly thinking about it now (maybe I'll just PM you about that one).

So how are you?

Sorry about your stomachache, sami. :hug:

That photo of your boyfriend ... he is hawt like woah

... even if I am old enough to be his mother :giggle: :ohmy:

:lol: Dazz

He's not really an ex...well I guess he is technically but it's not like that. He's my best friend. :love: With benefits. :shifty:

Yes, I think I'm going to make it. :wink: I'll probably be there by June 15th-ish.

dazz
well i am trying to replicate
this dress
lilicolor.jpg

so i am thinking of this for the belt
PersianBlossom_whtgld.jpg

whatdya think ?

Bye Fly!! :hug: :wave:

Molly!! Jo!! Dazz!! Sami!! :hug: :wave: x 4

Um, on the job front...there is a full-time job with benefits after 6 months at a nearby library if I want it. I got the offer on Friday. The reason I am not doing the Snoopy happy dance is that the salary is very, VERY low. I will need to augment my income a lot. But, someone wanted me, which makes me very happy! I'll still be a circulation clerk, but I'll have some tech services-type duties like processing books too, so I won't be on the desk all the time.

I have to tell my immediate supervisor at the library where I work now on Tuesday. :sigh: She will not be happy, although she's known that I've needed a full-time job for about 10 months now. I've already told her that it is nothing personal, that I wanted to stay at that library but they keep costs down by hiring part-timers, so what can I do? I'm hoping to keep my Wednesday nights and one weekend a month there, but she'll probably have to hire someone to replace me on Tuesday afternoons and Friday afternoon/evenings.

So, that's my big news.

Diane, I'm glad you found a job. :hug: Hopefully the other library will still let you work there part-time. Or could you continue to freelance?

Molly, the dress looks beautiful. Is it for a special occasion?

Diane
yay on the job!!
i will keep my fingers
crossed in about the
library as well...
how are you going to
spend your free monday?

Joanne
yes it is for this big convention
i am going to in atlanta at the
beginning of september
i am meeting 2 friends and we
are all dressing up in theme
costumes :D
film princesses is one theme :D

Jo, I'm not sure about the freelancing. The company that I freelance for now is very insistent on me coming in to proofread and such, and I can't do that if I'm working 9-5 M-F, which is what I'll be doing. The writing is on the wall there, though...they cut my projects in half last year, and have not found anything else for me to do. If they wanted to hang on to me so badly, they would have found something.

I'm ready. I'm ready for what's next!!!

Thanks, Molly. :hug:

Tomorrow, I'll be working at the office (actually, warehouse) of an online bookstore that I help at whenever I can. Unfortunately, they are pretty much 9-5 M-F too, so I'll have to say goodbye to them when I take this job.

I'm gonna go watch some tv and then probably go to bed.

Goodnight everyone :hug: :heart:

**OMG my post count! :yikes: You know what's gonna happen...tomorrow I'm going to be posting in the morning and just totally forget about it! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom