PLEBA Confession! -- Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

truecoloursfly

The Fly
01.jpg

Time magazine. Every Elevation night. The World Economic Forum (which I reacted to here: http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum32/HTML/000078.html ). Your Blue Room, North and South of the River. Bad. Live Aid. MacPhisto.

No, this is not salacious.
This is what close friends of mine call a "high tide," when the swell of feelings threatens to overtake you, makes you nearly want to weep for the generosity and the beauty of one man's gift and one man's soul -- an artist and a very public man, but nevertheless one you've never met.
I can't believe how much I feel for him right now, and it makes me squirm. (I've been here before, just er, never had a place to confess it
wink.gif
) I don't wish to meet him, that isn't it, nor am I putting him on a pedestal ...as my heart nearly bursts, I want to protest to Bono himself, No, I'm not magnifying what you are, not making of you something you're not! And there will always be people who scoff that I'm fooling myself.

He is my hero, in simplest terms, but not simplistic ones. I know he is not infallible. I am quite simply moved by his work, by his spirit, by his life passionately lived. In his bright light I have seen possibilities for my own life. He generously shares -- in a very specific way; I've no delusions -- his heart and mind, and I fall in love.

With a man I've never met.

With his eyes, with the best hair in rock'n'roll, the a neck that JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER, with a rough yet lilting speech that is seduction itself. He is impossibly sensual, as a rock star ought to be -- but man, did I lap up what Joan Baez said in her reflections on Live Aid: "there is something that preempts flirtations with him..." I see that Bono a lot, the one who lifts me up in his own vast heart. And I see this earthy, sexy, fiery man whose skin I can almost smell...
and I squirm. I have no business ... loving him like that, have I? My respect for him is enormous (as for all of them) and if I thought for one second that he felt objectified by any of this, I'd be sick.
However, we aren't the best judges of our own inner light, either; we cannot know our own magnetism nor should we seek to. That is truly other people's business. So Bono: what I think of you is none of your business. Just leave me to my love and gratitude, and to my honest tears should we ever meet, after all; the high tide spills over when the truth is bigger than the vessel. I can't help it -- you're a grand human being!
I trust the art, I bless the artist, I thank his Creator and his Muse. All while my knees fail me as I scroll through yet another PLEBA thread, and gasp watching him bump and grind through Mysterious Ways.

This is my confession, sisters.

Deb D

------------------
I wanna walk with you on an unapproved road

the greatest frontman in the world - by truecoloursfly: http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=1575

[This message has been edited by truecoloursfly (edited 02-25-2002).]

Deb, that was beautiful........ I think you hit the nail on the head. Loving not only the physical attributes, but the creative, artistic, and compassionate ones too.

------------------
Daisy

and you become the monster
so the monster will not break you

Oh My.....

AMEN!!

That was beautiful I had to cry a little (I'm at work so not too much). Those thoughts is exactly what been in my mind lately too, thanks for putting them in print!

WOW!! It is nice when someone else can put your thoughts into words, and you did it. That is exactly how I feel about him. He really is a hero!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Another one of Deb?s pearls...that was marvellous Deb and expresses exactly what I feel as well. Thanks for puting into so beautiful and meanignful words.

wow deb....i'm so impressed at your honesty and eloquence.

and i can't wait to see that calendar!!!

------------------
***ALOTWU***

Originally posted by daisybean:

Hmmmm, like what?

I have thought about him too much, wasted time daydreaming, having blindfold fantasies and staying on this computer looking at pics, and oh the thoughts of what I'd like to do to sexy, sweaty ZOOTV Bono! I have never been so turned on by any man as when I watch ZOOTV. Of course he looks great now too, and I'd love to have him! Grab him, dig my hands into his hair, stick my hands down his shirt, take off those sunglasses and look into those eyes---- I must stop before I get in trouble!
wink.gif

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
I have thought about him too much, wasted time daydreaming, having blindfold fantasies and staying on this computer looking at pics, and oh the thoughts of what I'd like to do to sexy, sweaty ZOOTV Bono! I have never been so turned on by any man as when I watch ZOOTV. Of course he looks great now too, and I'd love to have him! Grab him, dig my hands into his hair, stick my hands down his shirt, take off those sunglasses and look into those eyes---- I must stop before I get in trouble!
wink.gif

Don't get me thinking like this now! I am at work!!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Back
Top Bottom