PLEBA and.....parents?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
ok, my mom joost walked in the room a few minutes ago cus we moved our compy upstairs into a bigger room:

Mom: LIES ALAINE!! pulEEze tell me that is NOT some other U2 thing...

Me: uhh...... :D

Mom: you know, it's almost like anorexia....your obsession....

Me: *grrrrrrr* :madspit:

Mom: humph! *leaves*

- 10 minutes later -

Mom: *walks back in to find me giggling at photoshopped piccie of edgetart* NOW what?!?! what are you looking at?

Me: well, here is the REAL pic.....and here it is w/ Edge!

Mom: (not at all impressed) *sigh* can you burn my CD yet?

anywho.... that was my account of my mother's first PLEBA experience, she thinks I'm totally weird and obsessed (duh, mom! get over it!). Maybe its the new yelling Bono face poster w/ changable quotes project that I've added to my bedroom door that set her off... or my growing collection of mini-CBBs, or my Bono magnets that almost cover my mirror (who gives a fook what I look like?) oh well, she can joost deal! MOTHERS!!!

so, are yer 'rents cool w/ pleba? or are you like me and have to open other "normal" browser windows incase they spy?

I have interference set as my home page.....and on the rare occassion when mom wants to check her library account or something online she's like WHY DOES THIS BLUE THING KEEP COMING UP.

Other than that it's "WHAT are you laughing at all the time over there?"

:D She has no idear.....MWAHAHA

LOL, Mona, I wish mine were like that! For a long time I tried to hide everything....but now I enjoy acting even weirder when they're around :D I used to get a new pic or magnet and think "maybe I shouldn't hand this up, mom will think I'm crazy..." but now, I put it where I KNOW she'll see it! I swear, the next comment she makes about Bono, I'm gonna reply "shut UP you KNOW you want him!" :evil:

[color=royal blue]My dad still thinks Bono is Bob Dylan

Mom likes "when the stars go blue" and calls Bono "Mr. U2" :D
[/color]

lollll

ME: *sees Bono wearing something* *has to copy it*

MOM: NOT MORE ARMY STUFF.........*SIIIIGH*

Your mom is gonna ban me from hangin' out with you...LOL!

I have convinced my parents that this is a board where I chat with a bunch of friends from school...they bought it so I don't mention it anymore...LOL.

They have gotten used to my U2 obsession, mom even comes to get me when Bono is on TV...

My dad calls him Mono just to get on my nerves, but I think that is funny so it kinda backfired...

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Maybe its the new yelling Bono face poster w/ changable quotes project

Oh, the looks we're going to get from our suitemates.... :D

My parents just nod, smile, and can't wait till i'm outta the house. And my mom refers to interference as "that site", and she always hears me laughing and goes "is everything okay?? what's so funny??"

My parents are actually better about it than some of my friends...our friend Melissa (yeah, aNOther melissa) said the other day "No more Bono, or Booboo, or whatever his name is!"

...oh, and yesterday I had to explain to my parents how one album could come out in 1980, and another one by the same band with the same members could come out in 2001...

my ma is pretty good about my U2ness... but she DID find out about my Pants. It only took her a few months to notice the gucci..
she doesn't really know about PLEBA though

first pleba parental experience:

this was back in the day when i didn't have my own computer in my room...*shudder*

me: *looking at chernobyl thread that had pic of ali*

ma: who's that?

me: ali, bono's wife.

ma: leave her alone *leave*

that pretty much sums up my mom though...

unless you count that one time when she got INVITED to CHAT and SOME people told her things she SHOULDN'T have KNOWN. then let her PERUSE through PLEBA with NO warning!

ma: you'se gals is dirty.

chat girls: *silence*

:mad: :ohmy: :eeklaugh: :lol: lmfbao girls

Lilly said:

unless you count that one time when she got INVITED to CHAT and SOME people told her things she SHOULDN'T have KNOWN. then let her PERUSE through PLEBA with NO warning!

ma: you'se gals is dirty.

chat girls: *silence*

:mad: :ohmy: :eeklaugh: :lol: lmfbao girls

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

that nite was TOO funny! yer mom comes into chat looking for help picking out b-day pressies and somehow found yer link to PLEBA!!! we tried to stop her!! oh, man, it was awful! she joost said we were dirty and did we know that, and......NOTHING, no one responded until she left!!! and to top it off, someone tells her about the camping trip and then we hafta make up some bullshit story about CBA going camping, bwahahahaha......

My mom tells me to get on the "DAMN" comp all the time, my dad doesnt even care he just asks me what going on in the forum its hillarious! My gram thinks that Im actually talking to all of u!:lol: :eeklaugh:

my parents know about "that message board".....that's it....then again, my parents don't even understand the idea of a messageboard.......*sigh*.........but they do think all of you are 50 yr old pedophiles out to start teenage prostitution rings with me in the middle.......:eeklaugh:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

that nite was TOO funny! yer mom comes into chat looking for help picking out b-day pressies and somehow found yer link to PLEBA!!! we tried to stop her!! oh, man, it was awful! she joost said we were dirty and did we know that, and......NOTHING, no one responded until she left!!! and to top it off, someone tells her about the camping trip and then we hafta make up some bullshit story about CBA going camping, bwahahahaha......

yeeeeahh that was me
I think I did it TWICE, did I not?
Yeah i'm cool

Well, since I have my own computer and I'm away at school for 8 months of the year, my parents don't know about PLEBA or Interference in general. Although, one time I got a concert boot mailed to me at home from an interferencer, and my dad was amazed that I could meet people online and get them to send me U2 stuff for free! :)

my parents are just now coming to grips with how nice internet people are............amazingly they're not all out to pimp me or kill me.....:huh:

My parents don't know anything about PLEBA. If they saw me looking at some of these pictures, uh, they'd probably........
"now we know why you're diagnosed as an autistic, Patricia".
:lol: :lol: :eeklaugh: :laugh:

talk aboot embarassing *eek*

LMFBAO Lilly, I remember when yer mom came into chat.....

I think I invited her thinking it was you.....

Me: LILLY!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!
Lilly's mom: Um no I'm her mother
Me: :eek: hides:eek: :eek: :eek:

Lesson Learned: Never invite people to chat ;)

Oh sure, my parents know....or at least the great wonderful ma knows and they don't care. Ma came down to Athens, Ga with me to meet REM fans from another forum, so what does THAT tell you...lol. I should bring her if I can go to Chicago ;) Ma would fit in well with us. She thinks like us...:ohmy: truly. Father on the other hand, well if he could turn on the computer that would help, but he is aware of my internet friends.

My parents and friends do not know about PLEBA ... they would all think I have officially lost it.

They know about my U2 obsession, they accept it, but still like to tease me about it. When ever they hear about something U2 related in the news, they tell me about it (even though I probably have already heard it).

I remember back in the day when Mom ventured on here and stumbled across the Elevated Bono thread........

You guys, you guys...*sigh*............*lol*

BC's Mom: Why do they call it...oh my God!

BC: I swear, Mom! I didn't post in it! Search for my name, it's not there!

I had to stop leaving Bono pics lying around the house- my dad like to write " i like boys" on them:ohmy:

ME:HE'S NOT GAY!!!
HIM:well, I bet he's tried it before

:no:

My mom won't let me listen to U2 in her presence. She likes country music!! :no: and not even the remotely good kind. Billy Ray Cyrus :eyebrow: :barf: my dad comments that I am online alot..but I have recently joined PLEBA..so he has no idea how long I am going to be online! He lets me listen to U2 whenever I want. My mom still says Bo-no Not Bon-o. **shudders** My friend does that too but she does it just to irritate me!!

Bonochick said:
I remember back in the day when Mom ventured on here and stumbled across the Elevated Bono thread........

You guys, you guys...*sigh*............*lol*

BC's Mom: Why do they call it...oh my God!

BC: I swear, Mom! I didn't post in it! Search for my name, it's not there!
LOL
Well, was she impressed?:mac:

I showed it to my hubby and just blushed.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom