Please sign!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemonboy

Refugee
Well I have dropped the Lemon Icon for this one!

Im gonna ask you a favor!

There is a public outcry here in Sweden about a thing called "Hounour"(spelling)murders!

Earlier this week a young muslim woman was murdered by her own father and the only reason for that was because she had a swedish boyfriend, she had been terrorized by here family for years andit?s not the first time this happens and now the swedish newspaper Aftonbladet(www.aftonbladet.se) has put up a namelist for people to sign to show that this can?t be tolerated!!

Why I am writing this here is because this woman called Fadime for a period lived in my city and she was a big U2 fan! her all-time favorite song was "One"....so please if you know some swedish go to the page and sign this or else just post your First Name Surname and City here and I will forward it on....

Fadime was 24 years old.

------------------
"Master of sexual innuendo"
"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

I've heard stories like this before... a woman is murdered by her own family because she brings "shame" to them, whether they are pregnant, raped, or in an inter-racial relationship. They have nothing to be ashamed of, just like her family should not have felt ashamed because of her Swedish boyfriend.

I can't understand Swedish, but I found to place on the website and I signed my name. Not because she was a U2 fan, but because she was a person and a young woman who was able to look beyond the differences, which her family only saw. I agree that this cannot be tolerated. We can't live in a world where are differences alienate us or anger us, but where we accept and embrace them.

May God bless Fadime's soul....

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
She's got a smile like salvation...

I heard your voice whispering
Come away now...

[This message has been edited by wildhoney22 (edited 01-27-2002).]

Originally posted by wildhoney22:

I can't understand Swedish, but I found to place on the website and I signed my name. Not because she was a U2 fan, but because she was a person and a young woman who was able to look beyond the differences, which her family only saw. I agree that this cannot be tolerated. We can't live in a world where are differences alienate us or anger us, but where we accept and embrace them.

May God bless Fadime's soul....

Very well said WildHoney. I will also go and sign. Things like this should not be allowed to happen.

Stuff like this is just so sad... I don't even know what to say. I'm off to sign....

------------------
MuchMusic: Do you have a final message for the crowd? Something they can take home with them.
Larry: Something they can take home with them? I'm not taking my clothes off!

mad.gif
I hate reading and hearing stories about these "honor killings". It sickens and angers me that families of these women think that by killing these women to restore their family name is justifiable. It really makes my blood boil when I see this. I will sign the petition right now.

Lemonboy, what does "Skicka" mean? I put in my first and last name along with my city and clicked on "Skicka". Can you tell me if I clicked on the right button?

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 01-27-2002).]

Yeah,my rels hate me and my mom exclusively because we bring shame to them. We're poor, so we arent like them(thank god). This thing happens in the USA too.
frown.gif

------------------
*Ya Just cant get enough, of that Lovey Dovey stuff...*

" And to think I actually TOUCHED that tight, hard body!" - Miss MacPhisto

OOH, THIS MAKES ME SO MAD!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
Very sad as well, but I am get so ANGRY when I hear that another poor woman has been murdered by her very own family (who's supposed to LOVE her???) because they think SHE shamed them. May the SHAME BE ON THEM for such a horrible, heinous crime! When a country or a people are ruled by such indecent, immoral and downright inhuman rules and regulations, things like this happen. This isn't even a woman's issue, it's a human rights issue. It just seems that it's always the women who are dealt a raw deal. I hope Swedish law gives her father the harshest penalty possible. *seethe*

Thanks, Lemonboy, I'm off to sign the petition as well.
frown.gif

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
mad.gif
I hate reading and hearing stories about these "honor killings". It sickens and angers me that families of these women think that by killing these women to restore their family name is justifiable. It really makes my blood boil when I see this. I will sign the petition right now.

Lemonboy, what does "Skicka" mean? I put in my first and last name along with my city and clicked on "Skicka". Can you tell me if I clicked on the right button?

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 01-27-2002).]

Yes,you did exactly right "Skicka means "Send"...
smile.gif

------------------
"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

This is the one thing that i cannot stand. I really makes so mad that human rights get vilolated daily. They use the word as honor, it's just a disgrace.

I went to the site, but i didn't see where to sign...please help...i have to now go to amnisty(sp) to make sure they are going to be taking care of this issue as well. Lemonboy you should do the same, just because if they are not you should write them & tell them too. I would but it would mean more because it's your town.

Starr

[This message has been edited by Starr (edited 01-28-2002).]

This is very sad. I can't belive that it is the year 2002 and so many people still think that this is acceptable behaviour. It is time to forget about bias, and to focus on accepting people as people. I am definatly going to sign. Thanks for telling us Lemon Boy. Sorry that you have to live in a place like this!

Originally posted by Lemonboy:

Yes,you did exactly right "Skicka means "Send"...
smile.gif

i am glad i did it right. Starr, if you scroll down the site that Lemonboy provided, you will see a picture of the lady followed by the following:

Hedra Fadimes minne
St?d kampen f?r kvinnors r?tt till ett sj?lvst?ndigt liv.
F?rnamn:

Efternamn:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just nu: 152476 namn

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
i am glad i did it right. Starr, if you scroll down the site that Lemonboy provided, you will see a picture of the lady followed by the following:

Hedra Fadimes minne
St?d kampen f?r kvinnors r?tt till ett sj?lvst?ndigt liv.
F?rnamn:

Efternamn:

Wich in English would look like this!

"Honor the memory of Fadime"

"Support the fight for womens right to an independent life"

First Name:

Surname:

City:

------------------
"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

wow, i have no clue how i missed that...that's for the help.

Just hope this justice in Sweden will happen.

Starr

I'm a bit confused, I wanna sign this but I don't see the link anywhere. Should I get new glasses?

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Thanks MVD75, still can't see where it was originally but that's ok I signed it, I'm kinda of at a loss of words so I'll keep my silence. My thoughts are with her.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
This makes me so angry and sad.

Her favorite song is mine too.
frown.gif

Thanks Lemonboy-you are so thoughtful and special for posting this.

Thank you! But as someone said don?t remember her for being a U2 fan but a young
strong woman who stood up for her rights and paid the ultimate price....

------------------

"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

Back
Top Bottom