Please read - regarding picture posting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elvis, I love being able to attach pics, but it's a bummer that non-premium members cannot view the attachments. IMO, it sort of defeats the purpose if you have to upload pics elsewhere or e-mail them to some people if you want to share. Will this change in the future?

I totally didn't know about the links from attachments thing, so that's super great!! Thank you everyone for your responses to this, I had no idea it would grow into its own thread, I was just very concerned about taking advantage of the total kindness of U2 fans who have been nice enough to set up Web sites.

flaming june said:
Elvis, I love being able to attach pics, but it's a bummer that non-premium members cannot view the attachments. IMO, it sort of defeats the purpose if you have to upload pics elsewhere or e-mail them to some people if you want to share. Will this change in the future?

Exactly. :yes: Most of us in this thread are premium members, but it's no fun posting attachments and it makes us feel bad when half the people post "I can't see them :( " or "could somebody please repost it/email it to me." A lot of time we have uploaded a pics and reposted them for people. It would be great if everyone were premium members, but not everyone is going to for whatever reason. Some girls are young and have no money or credit cards of their own. If we repost the link to something that has already been posted will it show up for everyone? Is there any chance we could store them here on this site if they are only postable here and nowhere else?

I've created the Premium Memberships, and setup attachments and attachment viewing the way I have for a reason, to cover the costs, but give the ability to do the things you enjoy. Those who use it, help support it.

Unfortunately, Premium Memberships were created as a solution to people taking advantage of a good, and free, thing. $1/mo isnt an overwhelming amount of money to ask for.

Very few free hosting services will last or keep your account for very long. Atleast by using the attachment ability here, you know your uploaded pictures are here to stay.

For a brief time when I joined Interference, as a nonPremium member I could view attachments. It takes a LOT more time to click on each individual link than to just view them as pictures in the threads. The links are probably a better thing for those using dial-up, though. Snapfish might seem really fast compared to the links, but snapfish will probably go the way of all the other online picture services and start charging for remote linking (I hope nobody uses snapfish as a replacement for saving photos on their local machines).

irelandwhispers said:
For a brief time when I joined Interference, as a nonPremium member I could view attachments. It takes a LOT more time to click on each individual link than to just view them as pictures in the threads.

Yes, that's how it was when I was nonpremium for a month, and it's how it was for months before the premium memberships started. You had to click on the link, then it would go to a viewer where you had to click again, then click yet again to get back. It took several minutes and was very inconvenient, especially for those with a slow computer. Most times, I didn't click at all because it was just too much trouble! That's why I think having it like that for non-premiums is a good compromise, they can see it if they want to bad enough, but to not be able to see it at all is sad.

The links are probably a better thing for those using dial-up, though. Snapfish might seem really fast compared to the links,

Noooo, at least not with mine! As long as it takes posted pics to load, it was faster than clicking on those attachment links. A whole page of slow snapfish pics could load in the time it took me to triple click on those attachment links!:sigh:

When you have a slow connection and slow computer, sadly, too many pics in a thread can lock it up :banghead:

but snapfish will probably go the way of all the other online picture services and start charging for remote linking (I hope nobody uses snapfish as a replacement for saving photos on their local machines).

Right, good point!

I have said this before, and I want to use this opportunity to bring it up again. Please, everybody, don't EVER think your pics are safe with any service and delete them from your computer! My family was telling me to do that, but I said no way, I had seen sites go down and disappear. It's a good thing I didn't. True, I have lost lots of pics in lots of hosting services, but I still had them on the computer to start over. Time consuming and frustrating as that is, it's better than losing all your pics as I have seen happen to some of you. Of course there is always the threat of a crashed hard drive, which worries me daily :yikes: *knocks on wood* :uhoh:

Well, good luck everybody!

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

Of course there is always the threat of a crashed hard drive, which worries me daily :yikes: *knocks on wood* :uhoh:

That's why Interference is so great, and why I want to get rid of the possibility of pics becoming red X's...if somebody loses all their pics, they can search through old threads and find the ones they lost. (But it would be hard to search if all the pics are in links that you have to click to see what they are. :sigh: )

Quick question...for premium members, do those pics uploaded to Interference show up as pics, or as links? I'm confused about that now. I just figured they showed up as links since they've always shown up as links for me, but if they show up as pics...

Yes, they DO show up as real pics like posted pics when you're a premium member.

That's why I think having to click the slow link is an inconvenience in itself, and and could be left that way for non-premiums instead of not letting them see them at all.

Village Photos doesn't allow you to post pics here. I also have anaccount there and tried uploading my mullet collage ther, but it didn't show up here. :shrug: No good thing there....

Elvis said:
I've created the Premium Memberships, and setup attachments and attachment viewing the way I have for a reason, to cover the costs, but give the ability to do the things you enjoy. Those who use it, help support it.

Unfortunately, Premium Memberships were created as a solution to people taking advantage of a good, and free, thing. $1/mo isnt an overwhelming amount of money to ask for.

I completely agree. I think the pm'ing rights alone are worth the $12.00 a year because of all the trading of cd's and other things from people I never would have been able to privatley talk to otherwise.

Okay, so what about a snapfish acount for plebans? Could be organized by some lads and in this way all the girls had huge space for every era of the four guys? I'd volunteer organizing one or two accounts. (can't believe i said that...)

If it would hold them all! You could get it started and create an album for each category, then post the info and let the girls start uploading! Since there are thumbnails everyone will be able to see what's already there to stop duplicates! How nice of you Falling Star! :happy:

Elvis are you not at all interested in an image section to the website? We could sure get you a motherlode!

Or an account for each member. Cos then i think there would be enough space for everybody. :hmm: And there could be like ppl supervising it a bit, like that there is a certian system in all the folders....os then it'd be really easy for all to upload not et exisiting pics and we all could profit from eachother. :)

U2Kitten said:
Elvis are you not at all interested in an image section to the website? We could sure get you a motherlode!

I have an archive of over 8000 unique U2 photos, it isn't public/online for the basic fact that the bandwidth would cost tons, and as I've said I no longer plan on supporting freeloaders, bandwidth leeches, etc.

I've made my offer of Premium Memberships which meet all the requirements, besides being free for everyone - at my personal expense.

OKay, here is one acount:

Email addy: pleba@gmx.net

Password: bonohewson

Edit: Mayheps we should post this in a seperate thread so that everybody gets to know our accounts? :hmm:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
:( What did I do wrong Jam? I got the properties and added the tags, has this ever happened for you? :(

About village photos:

1) you have to wait 10 min. after you upload the pic to put it somewhere.
2) click on the image, and it'll go to a page, and give you a set of url's. don't right click on the image and paste it here, or it won;t work.
3) as far as i know, it's pretty free if it isn't, ah well.

Last edited:
Cool Falling Star, I hope it helps a lot of girls! :up:

Thanks JamJar, I'll try again! :yes:

Elvis said:

I have an archive of over 8000 unique U2 photos, it isn't public/online for the basic fact that the bandwidth would cost tons, and as I've said I no longer plan on supporting freeloaders, bandwidth leeches, etc.

I've made my offer of Premium Memberships which meet all the requirements, besides being free for everyone - at my personal expense.

8000?! :drool: :hyper:

Any chance we can get into that stash, at least to just look?!

I have a question- yesterday my signature was not showing up, and I went to the pleba boomspeed account a lot of us had used and it said it was disabled :( But today, my sig is back, even though the account is still disabled :scratch: is this just a fluke or a Mother's Day gift ofr something? Did anybody else's pleba boomspeed pictures mysteriously show back up?!

I'm really sorry to hear about the pleba boomspeed account :( I didn't think it would be shut down that fast. It wasn't even filled up. I hope the snapfish one is still up and village photos still works.

Pictures, pictures....

I have the opposite problem: unlimited bandwidth, but only 35MB of space :banghead: which doesn't support my websites, school projects, and 1.15 Gigs worth of Bono pics....

If you all need a place to start, I opened a snapfish account and started uploading my pics. There's 7 (organized by years or tour) folders with about 3700 pics. Here's the info if anyone's interested:

e-mail: lar3@calvin.edu
password: luv4bono

BTW, I also am in agreement with Elvis' premium member policy. It's not fair for him to have to meet everyone's wants and foot the bill as well. I realize that there are many interferencers without extra cash or credit cards, but Interference and PLEBA especially is filled with generous people who were willing to support the younger or creditcardless members such as myself ( :hug: MK).

I think I will close the snapfish account i did then. :| I get spam emails because of that extra pleba-email addy and if really no one wants to use that snapfish account i will just close it. I did it cos ppl said they didn't had an account and they wanted one and blah.......but I can't see why i should keep something up if no one is interested in it. :|

Back
Top Bottom