Please Post All 2003 GRAMMY Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: My Grammy thoughts

wertsie said:

:grumpy: I think James is one of those people whose voice always seems to hold out pretty well. I saw him in concert a few years ago and it was incredible! His voice wasn't the best I've ever heard it last night, but that was a beautiful performance with that cello dude (whose name escapes me at the moment...my cello-playing roomie would kill me!).

:shrug: Whatever

Did you note that James Taylor actually ranked quite highly in my ratings system? Ok I'll be more specific. His performance was a rare glimmer of brilliance in an otherwise shitty show. I didnt mean to diss him by saying that his song isnt tough...a JT song is a mello tune, so he should have no prob with it..

I've been listening to that tune since I was in diapers, my mom used to sing me to sleep with it. It wasn't lost on me, believe me..I actually found it hard to keep the lump in my throat down when it came on.. :(

Yo Yo Ma I believe the other gentleman's name would be. The two of them put on a beautiful performance. :up:

Re: Re: Re: My Grammy thoughts

gabrielvox said:

Did you note that James Taylor actually ranked quite highly in my ratings system? Ok I'll be more specific. His performance was a rare glimmer of brilliance in an otherwise shitty show. I didnt mean to diss him by saying that his song isnt tough...a JT song is a mello tune, so he should have no prob with it..

I've been listening to that tune since I was in diapers, my mom used to sing me to sleep with it. It wasn't lost on me, believe me..I actually found it hard to keep the lump in my throat down when it came on.. :(

Yo Yo Ma I believe the other gentleman's name would be. The two of them put on a beautiful performance. :up:

:hug: Aw, that's so sweet!

I didn't mean to come across so defensive. Sorry 'bout that! I just really really love James! :happy:

Yes! Yo Yo Ma! Thank you!

Ana said:
I like Avril. I think she's being herself and that I appreciate from a singer :up: I just hate it when an artist gets overrated (except U2 of course :D)

sorry but in my opinion she tries to hard to make herself seem different. maybe she is but... i don't know. she annoys the hell out of me. i think she tries way to hard.

wertsie said:
:hmm: Okay...This might sound weird but I think one of the reasons I enjoyed the Grammys as much as I did this year was that I wasn't all nervous as hell about whether U2 would win or not. Seriously! Awards shows get me all riled up when U2 is involved, and it's very stressful! I think it's like how musicians feel who go to the Grammys just for the heck of it, even if they're not performing or nominated for anything. Does that make ANY sense? :happy:

:yes: That's exactly how I felt!

It seems like every year they have to pick one person and just go overboard on them. ( Nora Jones, Alicia Keys, Lauren Hill) and I don't see what's so good about any of them. It would be more interesting if they'd spread it around more.

It's not like it's better than giving to the boy bands because none of the boy bands have ever done well at the Grammys- not that they deserve to, oh no. :tsk: Remember last year when N'Sync won an American Music Award and the crowd booed and they said 'U2's gonna get Grammys!' and they did!

Last edited:
:hmm: I thought this was interesting...My mom really liked NSYNC's tribute to the BeeGees...she was just disappointed that they didn't include "You Don't Know What It's Like," which was one of her favorites.

:shrug: Truthfully, I didn't think they were so bad either...Go ahead, shoot me! :lmao:

I promise not to shoot you, but I thought they seemed really off. Whichever Nsyncer was singing the high part on "Stayin' Alive" was awful!

corianderstem said:
I promise not to shoot you, but I thought they seemed really off. Whichever Nsyncer was singing the high part on "Stayin' Alive" was awful!

:lol: Here comes "Find the River" again! And I'm listening to "All You Need is Love." :hmm: Odd....

:shrug: Maybe they were a bit off...maybe I was just in a good mood Sunday night. Who's to say?

You never know ... come to think of it, I was in a craptacular mood, so that may have colored everything I've had to say about the Grammys!

:lol:

corianderstem said:
You never know ... come to think of it, I was in a craptacular mood, so that may have colored everything I've had to say about the Grammys!

:lol:

Craptacular! :lol: That's one of those words that I always laugh at when I see it, and yet I always seem to forget about it...*burns into brain...craptacular craptacular craptacular!!!!*

I am no fan of the Bee Gees disco stuff any more than I am a fan of Nsync but their tribute was nice for what it was, I guess. Poor Barry needs to go on a diet and dye his hair so he can be hot again. Sorry, I know he's been through an awful lot the last few years. Bless his heart.:(

wertsie said:
:hmm: I thought this was interesting...My mom really liked NSYNC's tribute to the BeeGees...she was just disappointed that they didn't include "You Don't Know What It's Like," which was one of her favorites.

:shrug: Truthfully, I didn't think they were so bad either...Go ahead, shoot me! :lmao:

I thought that was cool myself. Warning: I have a history of surviving "shootings". :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom