Please Help Me Settle A Bet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xtal

War Child
A girl I know says that she owns a fishery in Kenai, Alaska and says Bono went to her fishery for about a week, she said it was during the 90's.

I say no it wasn't Bono because I've read every magazine article, every book, and I always usually know where he is, mostly because of the Interferencers here.

Anyway we got into a huge shoving match because she said her mother said it was Bono from U2 and I say no because well, I know better. The 90s he was making a U2 album, spent 1992-1994 on tour, 1995-1997 busy in Europe doing Passenger/Pop stuff. 1997-1998 PopMart tour.

Who is right? Does Bono even enjoy fishing?

Thanks for trying. I just know that Interferencers are the ones to trust in pics, places, info, etc.

He has done some weird things in the past like fly to Bali for a drink so I wouldn't put it past him, especially if at moments when life on the radar gets too much.

I know someone whose parents met Bono rafting down a river in New Zealand. He pops up in odd corners of the planet all the time. :wink:

YECH, I hate fish! My mom tried to get me to go work in a cannery in Alaska when I was in college, supposedly the money is good for a few weeks of work. My luck, it would have been the week Bono was there!

xtal said:
I say no it wasn't Bono because I've read every magazine article, every book, and I always usually know where he is, mostly because of the Interferencers here.

Do you really believe you know where he usually is?

If Bono was there, and I do believe he would have, it probably wasn't about the fishing.

Last edited:
Well there are many obstacles that Bono would have to go through to get here to Alaska without us knowing about it. Alaska isn't the place where a celeb would be noticed.

I don't want to sound arrogant or nanny-nanny boo boo like but I do in fact have a friend who used to work as a tour accountant for U2 and became very close with Bono. I asked him if Bono ever came to Alaska and he said he'd ask, and later on my friend was loyal, said that no, Bono never crossed Alaska's path, but Bono didn't answer the question directly. Whatever that meant....

So, yes, this is why I am asking, there is a SLIGHT chance that Bono could have slipped into Anchorage on a private jet and drove to Kenai (2.5 hours away) and went fishing. All there is to do in Kenai is fish.
But I'm just saying, Anchorage is a small town, and I am a big fan, I would have heard some wind of it. But not from an arrogant, self-righteous, self-promoting, whiny girl who brags that she took Pierce Brosnan on a fly-fishing trip.
I guess this is just a mystery. If we heard of the drink in Bali, why not the wonderful fishing trip in Kenai?
:eyebrow:

xtal said:
If we heard of the drink in Bali, why not the wonderful fishing trip in Kenai?
:eyebrow:

Because Bono talked about the drink in Bali. I am sure that he has has thousands of exciting experiences he's never talked about, and that he's quite capable of doing these things under the radar, without the general public knowing about them. (And come on, Anchorage isn't that small; over a quarter of a million people last time I checked. It's hardly a village where everyone sees everyone else's comings and goings.) I wouldn't be at all surprised if this fishing excursion happened. Great fun in a magnificent part of the world.

Em, perhaps you've never heard of Kenai...:wink:
It IS quite a very very small village. And yes, everyone knows each other and knows everyone's comings and goings. I have family living in Kenai and they said they didn't hear one thing about anyone famous coming into town, except for Pierce Brosnan.

Tom Cruise and Rebecca DeMornay went to Girdwood some years back too, and since Girdwood is a small village, everyone knew about that too.
I could fall for the notion Bono visited Anchorage, but not Kenai. I know half the people in Kenai. Seriously. I also know 1/4 of Anchorage. Seriously.
Believe it or not, this is a very small town. Despite the 300,000 people. I swear you could play the game Six Degrees of Crystal Jade!!!
:yes:
*In the city you're invisible when you come from a small town*

Well, my sister lives in the northwestern-most part of British Columbia, and her son (my nephew) makes an extremely good living as a fishing guide to the rich and occasionally famous. People do fly in and out and are able to be very discreet. I know this for a fact.
Bono-wise, who knows?:shrug:

Ancalagon said:
I know someone whose parents met Bono rafting down a river in New Zealand. He pops up in odd corners of the planet all the time. :wink:
He's like Waldo! Where's Bono? ;)

beli said:
I still can't picture Bono sitting down for a week.

.... and being quiet :huh:

Those fishing camps can be pretty wild...the perfect place for such a hell-raiser! And really, no "sitting down".

By the way, Beli, how are you? Back at work yet? :mad:

biff said:

Those fishing camps can be pretty wild...the perfect place for such a hell-raiser! And really, no "sitting down".

Okay. I'll take your word for it. lol.

biff said:

By the way, Beli, how are you? Back at work yet? :mad:

I have tonsillitis, thanks for asking. lol.

I'm back at work the second week in July. I can't delay it any longer *woe*

Tonsillitis!? How awful!
Mid-July? So at least you have a few more weeks before you have to face "reality". (I have a little bit longer than that, but then rude life hits home. :mad: )

Edited to add: Thanks for asking, I'm am not terribly well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom