Please Don't Hurt Me...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Bonomobile

Babyface
Okay, I noticed that somebody posted something about a concert they saw, so I thought it'd be okay to share my experience of a live show that I recently went to. Firstly, I'd like everyone to know that in Newfoundland, Canada, we do not get many international acts visiting us - all that we have are our local Irish Newfoundland bands (which are actually very good - The Fables and the Irish Descendants are amazing groups). So, you can imagine the excitement when someone who is actually famous comes to the island...Last Saturday I went to a Shaggy concert *ducks to avoid flying lemons*

Now, Shaggy isn't exactly my cup o' tea. (and I think some people here might think along similar terms). I hated 'Freaky Girl' when I heard it. I also hated 'It Wasn't Me', though I did quite like 'Angel'. Some of Shaggy's old stuff, like 'Mr. Boombastic', I enjoyed, but I still didn't like him. However, all this changed upon seeing him live last week.

I won't include all the details of the opening acts. All I will say though is that I had to stand there amongst a group of rowdy drunks for 6 hours, watching the bands (there were six of them, bloody hell!). Anyway, Shaggy finally came on when the sun went down (the concert was held outside in a football - soccer to some people - stadium). He really did a good job of getting the crowd of 1,000+ going, and sang extremely well! I was expecting a sort of Britney Spears lip-synching thing, but he sang everything. One of the best parts was when Shaggy pulled a little girl on stage - he and his back up singers sang the outro of Angel to her. The little girl was quite ecstatic, it was so sweet :D. Another thing also surprised me. Shaggy was VERY sexy. The man definately knows how to dance (though not quite as good as Bono), and I really enjoyed it when he put his microphone down the front of his pants, lol. All in all, it was a great day.

Sorry for me blabbing on like this, just wanted to share :) I attached one of my better photos that I got of the concert (it was taken with a digital camera though, so it's still pretty crap).

Attachments

• shaggy.jpg
    shaggy.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 26
Wasnt me..
Saw me kissin on camera..
Wasnt me..

Teehehehehe:tongue:

My best friend's theme song is "Angel" by him, pretty much its only because her name is Angel:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom