Piece Of Carp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Betty said:

Ooh, more than slightly. Upon reading the last message I wrote... I am such a bitch sometimes. But it's true, so I don't regret it! :D

Aw...Well, if you're a bitch (which I don't think you are!) then so am I, I guess.

wertsie said:

Aw...Well, if you're a bitch (which I don't think you are!) then so am I, I guess.

Definitions of bitch:
1. female dog
2. inferior, sometimes asinine subordinate
3. strong, opinionated woman (or girl) who knows what she's talking about and often has a lot to say

*hopes she didn't sound like too much of a Steinem-ish feminist with the third definition*

If we're both bitches, we're the third kind. ;)

Queen Betty said:

Definitions of bitch:
1. female dog
2. inferior, sometimes asinine subordinate
3. strong, opinionated woman (or girl) who knows what she's talking about and often has a lot to say

*hopes she didn't sound like too much of a Steinem-ish feminist with the third definition*

If we're both bitches, we're the third kind. ;)

:happy: Well, I'm definitely opinionated!

Re: I noticed it right away...

Queen Betty said:

The main reason why I disapprove of this is because I think the song One is, in a way, sacred. I like to think of it as "The Song That Saved the Band". I mean, when Larry heard Edge play the riff, he knew right away that they could still make music together, that U2 could remain intact without jeopardizing their friendship or anything, and that's why they didn't break up despite what they went through during the recording of Achtung Baby! Then Craig David turns it into some song about common teenage love (in my opinion, the shallowest sort)?

Hey, if Bono has no problem with it, then neither do I. Of all people, I think he knows how important One was to U2. :)

But to be honest, I haven't actually heard this Craig David cover. I shall have to download it at some point.

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

Hey, if Bono has no problem with it, then neither do I. Of all people, I think he knows how important One was to U2. :)

But to be honest, I haven't actually heard this Craig David cover. I shall have to download it at some point.

Well, maybe Walking Away will be your cup of tea. :) I think it's cool that Bono gave permission, too.

wertsie said:

:happy: Well, I'm definitely opinionated!

You and me both, sister. :D

Back
Top Bottom