Pictures from Gavin's father's funeral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
biff said:

Yeah, that's it. The material was super-shiny; you can see it clearly in other pics. I remember one in particular in which Bono is lighting up a cig.
Kelly, you glorious queen of the pics, surely you have that one too!!:wink:

3444%3A49923232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323437%3A9%3C256ot1lsi

:reject:

kellyahern said:

So this is Susie (Suzie...whatever!)?

You know... she's really very pretty. I think the fairy dress picture kind of scared me. :yikes:

But she looks very nice here. (If you can say someone looks nice at a funeral? :shrug: )

Ok, i couldn't help but post...

1) I'm pretty sure that those "golf outfits" are the same type of weird 70's clothing that the whole band were wearing during those Pop years when Bill Graham died, so it's not a big surprise. And we are talking about somebody in the music business. I"m sure those outfits were just fine.

2) Ann's always been skinny. I don't think she looks any different here. And on that note, if this thread is already borderline inappropriate, then that comment about Ann's outfit was very inappropriate.

3)With the amount of people dressed in casual clothes, i'm sure that nobody minded that Ann and many others were in jeans. I would guess that somebody told them to dress casual.

4) Yes, Ali looks beautiful as usual.

ultravioletluvv said:

1) I'm pretty sure that those "golf outfits" are the same type of weird 70's clothing that the whole band were wearing during those Pop years when Bill Graham died, so it's not a big surprise. And we are talking about somebody in the music business. I"m sure those outfits were just fine.

Also, there's a description of what happened in Bill Graham's funeral in Neil McCormick’s book. From what I’ve learned, they respected Bill's wishes concerning his funeral.
He was a very good friend and they surely loved him.

caragriff said:
in my opinion, attacks on what people are wearing/how much they weigh in a funeral thread (!) are inappropriate.
god bless mr. hanvey.
amen.

i couldn't agree more... i have a pretty good sense of humor and all, but ripping on the way Ann looks in these pictures has completely crossed the line! it's not like she was in a bikini or a belly shirt! it was obviously a casual occasion and she was dressed casually. enough said.

Sorry, I don’t agree. I think it would be rude if we were/had been at the funeral.
We are only commenting what we are seeing and that’s what we do at PLEBA, isn’t it? (Despite agreeing or not with what has been said)
Nobody showed lack of respect for anyone. :shrug:

Last edited:
caragriff said:
in my opinion, attacks on what people are wearing/how much they weigh in a funeral thread (!) are inappropriate.
god bless mr. hanvey.
amen.
I wasn't attacking the way she looked!!! I was just thinking out loud that she seems skinnier than usual. How are you to know I wasn't complimenting her?

I don't think there's anything wrong with saying what I think, even if it might strike some people as inappropriate. And I don't think Bono was laughing at the thought of Gavin's dad dying either -- How is that any different to me making an observation?

Just because I state a thought, doesn't mean that's the first or only thought I had.
If you must know, my thoughts went (simplified version):

--Oh, no, poor Gavin...:sad:

--Gosh, Ann looks skinny....

Yes I can see the pics that sami0201 posted and also the pics from the other funeral

Can someone else repost the pics of Ann ???? Pretty Please!!

Meghan said:

Now for another inappropriate post.......

Does anyone else think Ann looks REALLY skinny?

I have seen more meat on a butchers pencil (goes for both of them) they both need some meat

Meghan said:

I wasn't attacking the way she looked!!! I was just thinking out loud that she seems skinnier than usual. How are you to know I wasn't complimenting her?

I don't think there's anything wrong with saying what I think, even if it might strike some people as inappropriate. And I don't think Bono was laughing at the thought of Gavin's dad dying either -- How is that any different to me making an observation?

Just because I state a thought, doesn't mean that's the first or only thought I had.
If you must know, my thoughts went (simplified version):

--Gosh, Ann looks skinny....

It wasn't aimed just at you, Meghan. You didn't say anything inappropriate, and neither did I. In fact, where I come from, in the time it takes a woman to enter the wake, go up to the casket, express condolences to the family, then take her place in the crowd, the women already in attendance have assessed her hair cut, hair color, weight, height, complexion, make up, clothing, shoes, marital status, walk and the expression on her face. When she kneels at the coffin, they're checking out the soles of her shoes to see if there are any price stickers on them.

If we want to toss around "inappropriate," my vote, and I think I am entitled to one without being accused of rank insensitivity, I have a dead father, too, is for a woman in her early 40s who not only dresses like a fifteen year old on her way to the Mall, which is fine if you are a fifteen year old on your way to the Mall, but chooses to wear that get-up to a funeral. I was shocked that she doesn't know better -- she has the benefit of age, experience, travel and money.

And let us keep in mind that within hours of these photos being taken, these people (except for Our Adam, of course) were so drunk they couldn't even recognize their own reflections -- that's appropriate, because that is how it is handled in THEIR culture. Anyone who thinks that funerals and wakes are for the departed hasn't been to too many of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom