Pics of the other wedding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Ok... there are pictures of Edge and Morleigh's wedding but is there pictures of his and Aislinn's wedding? I can't find any so I'm guessing there might not be, but it doesn't hurt to ask you guys:wink:

I have never seen any and I have been a fan since before they were divorced. I seriously doubt there are any online. If there are any, Edge probably doesn't want to see them. They will remind him how she broke his heart :sad: But he had Morleigh now :love:

I'm not even sure they even had a wedding with pics and stuff. They might have just gone to the courthouse or had a private thing at home. Anyway, no pics, never heard a thing about it:huh:

Last edited:
Hey Kitten, wasn't Aislinn pregnant when they got married? (Might explain it, if it was an under-the-radar kind of wedding.) I seem to recall reading that somewhere, but I don't have the dates in front of me to do the math.

I KNOW I read that somewhere. Maybe one of the serious Edge-folks here will know more about that.
And how is Miss Kittenpants these days?:wave:

but wasn't their first daughter born in 1985? ( they got married in 1983, i think) as for the wedding, i remember reading in pimm jaal's U2 concert book that they were married in enniskerry (a pretty place south of dublin) and in an interview bono gave that he was the best man

Well you know more than any of us do JamJar, thanks for the report!

Hey biff! :wave: :hug:

From Propaganda No. 8 (1983):

Edge got married on Tuesday 12th July to Aislinn O'Sullivan at Enniskerry, Co. Dublin, and then left on honeymoon to Sri Lanka for a well-deserved break. Bono was best man, and among the guests were Steve Lillywhite and the Virgin Prunes.

And here's what I found for the ages of the girls:

Holly (born in June 1985), Aaron (born in 1986) and Blue Angel (born in 1989)

Last edited:
dsmith2904 said:
From Propaganda No. 8 (1983):

And here's what I found for the ages of the girls:

Holly (born in June 1985), Aaron (born in 1986) and Blue Angel (born in 1989)

I'm surely not an expert but i am quite sure that Edge's 2nd daughter is Arran , Aaron is one of Larry's boys :wink:

greety said:

I'm surely not an expert but i am quite sure that Edge's 2nd daughter is Arran , Aaron is one of Larry's boys :wink:

Duh, yeah, I think it's Aran like the island or Arun, though. I got this from Regina, my face Edge expert, about Holly...

"...Bono divides his attention between the Edge?s activities and his pocket chessboard. The guitarist?s wife, Aisling, swollen with the daughter, Holly she?ll soon bear, reclines on the couch..."
(around may 84)

this is mentioned in HotPress - "Quest for Fire" - Bill Graham follows U2 and "The Unofrgettable Fire" from Slane,Co.Meath to the concert halls of Europe - november 30, 1984.

I think it's sweet how the members of U2 use eachother as best men in their weddings. I guess I would have figured that since Edge and Bono both have brothers that they would have them as best man. I know Bono had Adam not Norman as his best man but I didn't know about Bono for Edge's. This just proves that they're family. :hug:

As I remember right, Bono was also best man for Edge's second wedding!
So:cute: :cute:
And it wouldn't surprise me if they are godfather to each others kids. I know Bono is to one of Guggi's kids and Gavin is Eve's

I heard it was Adam who was Bono's best man, well they said that on VH-1 Legends. They said it was an act of reaching out, since Adam had been the band member he was least close to and there had been some controversy on their last tour (October) since everyone but Adam was into Shalom and he had felt left out.
But it's obvious Edge is Bono's closest friend in the band:yes:

I don't know who the godfather of Edge's kids are, Bono has Guggi and Gavin as two of them, don't know about the other 2. And Bono is godfather of a couple of Guggi's boys.

I didn't realize that Bono had been Edge's best man in both of his weddings. That is just so sweet!

But it's obvious Edge is Bono's closest friend in the band.
:yes: It's hard to imagine either of them without the other...their personalities compliment each other so perfectly. :hug: :edge: :bono: :hug:

I've always thought it was such a kind-hearted gesture on Bono's part to ask Adam to be his best man...a very Bono-ish thing to do!

:hmm: Wonder what it's like to have Gavin & Guggi as godfathers?!

Also there are some "rare to PLEBA" pics of Edge and Aisslynn that my friend has in his "many scrapbooks"..Im dying to get my hands on them so I can post them..they are pics from phographers and tabloids...
My friends doesnt have a scanner but he will lend me the scapbooks so I can scan them and share them:hyper:

dsmith2904 said:

Duh, yeah, I think it's Aran like the island or Arun, though. I got this from Regina, my face Edge expert, about Holly...

"...Bono divides his attention between the Edge?s activities and his pocket chessboard. The guitarist?s wife, Aisling, swollen with the daughter, Holly she?ll soon bear, reclines on the couch..."
(around may 84)

this is mentioned in HotPress - "Quest for Fire" - Bill Graham follows U2 and "The Unofrgettable Fire" from Slane,Co.Meath to the concert halls of Europe - november 30, 1984.

:hug: hi my sister Devlin, thank you so much to refer to me..so nice. But you´re an expert here and Edgette and SpanishEyes 21...and during Vertigo tour in Paris - july 10, 2005: ...At the start of Miracle Drug, Bono leads the crowd in Happy Birthday for Edge's daughter Hollie, who's at the show for her 21st birthday....she was born in 1984.
big hugs!

Last edited:
Not the wedding.

249f17a3.jpg

Thought I read that Edge actually had a very good female friend as his "best man" at his and Morleigh's wedding. He's known the friend since they were kids - actually met her once, extremely nice lady, is/was living in NYC.

I never heard that Bono was the best man at Edge and Morleigh's wedding. Just his first one. I am pretty sure he is Hollie's godfather too.

Back
Top Bottom