pics of the band's kids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lauren430

Refugee
I really mostly hope there aren't any out there, b/c I don't think celebrities' kids should be exploited, and should remain out of the limelight, but at the same time, I can't help but wonder what they look like? I saw Edge with his daughter in Dublin though, and then saw pics right after he got married, but that's all. Anyone know?

Oh, I don't expect that, I guess I am just wondering if anyone has seen any

Yeah I have seen some someplaces. On great on of bono in the pool holding his first boy Eli above his head, Eli had long curly blond hair...sooo cute!!!. I just saw a recent photo of his girls...they are very beautiful girls and of couse baby John.....:cute: who is too adorable for words. I have seen pics of the other guys kids too. But I agree....the children shouldn't be subjected to photographs every where they go and really should be protected.

Although it can be an annoyance...paparazzi and curiosity are a norm for celebrities. What can I say, it comes with the territory. Although Bono and the boys do not have scandalous party nights or 55 hour long marriages (like some ridiculous celebs do), they do create some sort of a stir when they are out enjoying their normal life. This has to be expected when you're one of the biggest and successful rock band out there, it's a given.
Along with people taking photos of their families, that's also a given. I'm not saying it's right, but it just comes along with the territory, you know?
Yeah you get a big house and all the money, and yes people want to take your picture. It doesn't help that you're beautiful too!

there have been a few of bono and edge's kids from time to time. i've never seen any of larry's kids, though, not surprising.

my favourite kid pic is the one of bono in the pool with the little guy, where bono's holding him up over his head and surging out of the water with his mouth wide open. too cute.

:cute:

and that gorgeous picture of Bono carrying Eli on his shoulders... I don't know when it was from, some film festival or something?

True...but there are some pics of Bono's kids when he has brought them to public events. I am sure he wouldn't have brought them if he was that concerned about them being photographed....plus the one with him in the pool with the lil' guy. Things like that should be kosher to post.

This is always a touchy subject. Bono has specifically said in so many words he did not want his children photographed (at the 2003 Grand Prix he was quoted as saying this) Also, once in the summer of 2003, someone posted pics here of the family on vacation and within 24 hours we were asked to take them down, both from here and the originating site. So they DO care. They are rich and famous and have to worry about kidnappers, so they don't want their kids in the public eye.

On the other side, I can see how (other than Larry) this is really impossible if you want them to have a normal life. You can't just hide them or put veils on their heads like MJ does. It is a part of life, celebrities are going to get photographed. I don't think they mind if it's a public event (like the Troy premiere) and if it made a magazine, like the recent Disneyland pics, I don't think they could complain too much about us. But still, if you notice, (and I've seen a lot) there are absolutely NO happy, posed pictures of Bono and his kids, they are all candid shots taken from far away or as they're walking by, which shows me if someone asked them to pose and smile for the camera, he's refused the request.

The only posed pics of Edge's kids were at his wedding to Morleigh. I guess if the band has a problem with us posting they will say something. It's happened before so they're obviously watching or have someone who is.

No, I don't think I've ever seen pix of Bono's kids posed, with the exception of maybe two pix with Ali and a newborn baby who was all wrapped up in blankets and such. He gives us so much of himself, I respect his privacy and don't have any pix of his kids in my U2 photo collection.

yeah - theres the pic of him at thr troy premiere i think with ali, eve and jordan. its a permiere, of course they're going to get photographed so ones that like that are ok, but if paparazzi were snapping the kids getting into the car on the way to school or playing on the beach on holiday then i'd agree thats a bad thing and shouldnt be supported by posting pictures.

Bono actually sued over having his privacy invaded once- the bare butt on the beach pics.

:rolleyes:

verte76 said:
No, I don't think I've ever seen pix of Bono's kids posed, with the exception of maybe two pix with Ali and a newborn baby who was all wrapped up in blankets and such. He gives us so much of himself, I respect his privacy and don't have any pix of his kids in my U2 photo collection.
And of course you saw pics of the kids posted, verte! You know the pics of Eli and Bono, or Eli at Bob's funeral.

It's as if you guys are ashamed to know what they look like. :eyebrow:

I have pics of them in my collection. I wouldn't take pics of them myself but there were lots of pics of them in magazines and so on. :|

It wasn't nice of the photogs to snap the funeral pics:( Everyone deserves privacy and peace at such a sad time. Yes I have family pics in my collection. I just would like to feel better about posting them :sigh: Cute kids!

This is one that does look very posed, I forget the event, it was some award Bono got:

bonoaligirls.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know why anyone would have a problem with being respectful towards the band's families... :hmm:

FallingStar said:

And of course you saw pics of the kids posted, verte! You know the pics of Eli and Bono, or Eli at Bob's funeral.

She said she'd never seen pics of Bono's kids posed.

neutral said:
I don't know why anyone would have a problem with being respectful towards the band's families... :hmm:

Oh I know! FS is my buddy :hug: It was nothing against her. I was only bringing that up that it wasn't nice of them to take pics at the funeral:( I also said I'd never seen pics of them posed, unless you could call that one I just posted posed, or as Verte said the baby pics. No harm in that, the face is hidden by the blanket anyway (now if you want to talk about harm and blankets, we could bring up MJ and the balcony fiasco :lol: :no: ;) )

Last edited:
No no I didn't mean you U2kitten. :hug: it was just sort of a general comment, sorry.

The funeral pics have always sort of baffled me. I can't imagine having photographers lurking in the bushes at my father's funeral, I think I would have lost it. :huh:

That was Musicares where the girls were posed. I thought about that, actually. That's the one time where they were supposed to be in the photo. They've been in other photos *unposed*. I do have the Musicares pic in my pic collection, along with the baby pix.

I think having your photo taken does come with the territory and I'm sure celebrities realize their fans have a morbid curiosity with their personal lives, incl. their kids (I'm guilty) and find it bizarre at the same time, and I don't think they should get so upset about it unless the paparazzi are being all "stalker" like about it aka lurking in bushes, being on their property without permission, and the funeral thing was pushing it-- that shouldn't be allowed. If it was one of the band members themselves who died (God forbid!) then certainly the fans would want some visual evidence, there's no way around it 'cos face it, we would want to see the casket of Bono or Edge, etc. Who knows why-- a sense of closure? I dunno. But we cannot help our curiosity about every aspect of celebrities lives--although most of us are healthy enough to respect certain boundaries, so we're still normal wanting to see pics of their kids, etc. I always just wonder if the offspring of certain attractive celebs, (Bono incl.) are as good looking as their parents! With Bono and Ali as parents, the kids were bound to be beautiful!

neutral said:

oh

I read it as posTed, my fault here

But what about the magazine where Ali had an interview and she brought Eli with her and then all the pics of her and her baby??? She could have decided against it, but she wanted him to be with her on the pics.

neutral said:
No no I didn't mean you U2kitten. :hug: it was just sort of a general comment, sorry.

The funeral pics have always sort of baffled me. I can't imagine having photographers lurking in the bushes at my father's funeral, I think I would have lost it. :huh:

Me too :sad: I'm sorry to say I have some relatives who treat family funerals as photo ops and go around shooting everyone all dressed up and putting the pics online :| :down:

Besides invading the family's privacy, another bad thing was taking the pics of Bono, Larry, Edge, Gavin and Guggi actually carrying Bob's coffin out of the church. Some people still have those on their websites, I can't believe it:(

U2Kitten said:
Besides invading the family's privacy, another bad thing was taking the pics of Bono, Larry, Edge, Gavin and Guggi actually carrying Bob's coffin out of the church. Some people still have those on their websites, I can't believe it:(

I'm so thankful I'm female that way I'll never have to be a pallbearer. I don't think I could handle that. Let alone if someone was taking pictures of it. :tsk:

U2Kitten said:

Dreadful. That was really awful.

Yes...I agree with the funeral pics. That is something no photographer should be profting from. :grumpy:

I was only speaking for the pool pic and the few I've seen from the Troy premiere/Musicares/Slane Castle. Even then I don't collect 'em ...but I wouldn't object to someone else using those particular ones. It is a touchy subject, I agree.

Just because you're a girl doesn't mean you can't carry the coffin!!
I carried my granny's.
I totally agree, taking pics of Bono and his dads funeral was low!! They should have left the poor guy alone!!

As for him sueing for that pic of his arse, he should have thought about that before he took it out!!
God i luv that pic, nice pastey white irish arse, ya can't beat it!!!:wink:

FallingStar said:
:rolleyes:

It's as if you guys are ashamed to know what they look like. :eyebrow:

I have pics of them in my collection. I wouldn't take pics of them myself but there were lots of pics of them in magazines and so on. :|

Your totally right! I have seen tons of pics of the kids, no need for everyone to act guilty about it.

Hey I've seen the funeral pics in a magazine recently. I think it was Blender?

Back
Top Bottom