pics of my first exhibition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muggsy

Refugee
I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and
this week I am presenting my degree proyect in the faculty . I finished my first book and I'm very proud of it :)...

today the judges asked me about the book.. and i was so nervous, my voice was broken and i was shaking.. i was really embarrased :( . sometimes i hate myself cuz i'm so shy when i talk about my work and a lot of people say that i don't have to be like that, they say that i have to be proud of the things I do... i'm gonna work on that.

thank god they know I'm not good talking in front of public and they really liked my work... Some of them are gonna buy me some books (that's a very good sign) maybe i will graduate with honours i don't know, i just hope i did a good job :D..

so, here are the first pics ... i will take more soon :)

100_0842.jpg

I spent a whole day painting this

100_0843.jpg

my little kids

ed63b62b.jpg

my kids and my book

d36da74a.jpg

Wow, you "little kids" are very strange and interesting.
Is your book a single copy, or are there copies for sale? It looks really cool.
Congratulations on your success, and all your hard work completed!:applaud:

:ohmy: WOAH - Muggsy, that looks fantastic, I wish I could come to your exhibition! Ta for the closeup of your kids, that's so cool!

Congratulations, I'm not surprised the judges were impressed.

Don't worry about talking about your work - the more you do it, the more you'll get used to it. Using all of your energy to create things instead of talk about it is paying off, anyway!

:applaud: ~Ultra

I am very impessed, Mugsy! :applaud: :applaud: :up:

I particularly love the close-up of the kids! :D :)

Well done :wink:

thanks guys :)...
I'm very glad you liked... it was a hard work but i really enjoy it... and i can't help feeling proud of it...

I just print 10 copies of the books.... most of them are sold, i'm gonna send the rest to illustration contests and publishing houses. I'm thinking of a reprint but i have to register the book first ...

Quite wonderful work, Mussgy!!! :applaud: :applaud:

The whole presentation is just lovely, too!!! Belissimo!
I know how hard that kind of work is.....

I hope you kept 2 for yourself at least [always have a backup!:yes:]

The Society of Illustrators Annual show in NYC [at the Museum of Illustration] is about to go on, so I'll be going to see the Sequential PI and the Book & Editorial Pt 2, maybe the Advertising & Institutyional p3 [that's the one i skip if I have to, and the Sequential is now in it's ? 3rd year. I'm glad they finally added that, too].

Good luck in your mailings!

Back
Top Bottom