Pics of Diamond's On-Stage Stunt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Intially Bono didn't 'choose' me.
What Bono did choose to do was forgive me.

The message displayed by Bono that night was about forgivness and tolerence, and I was only a symbol, humbled by it all.

If the message were not about forgivness and tolereance he would not have asked me to:

shake his hand
stay with him
accepted my embrace
rearranged lyrics
pick him up (I didn't know he looked like a rag doll most ppl there said a lecperchaun).:)
converse with me
embraced me back
asking me to take a solo lap for him via the catwalk as he sang

Again the Bono displayed thru his actions message was about:
compassion tolerance and forgivness because of Bono and one over exuerbant fan.

Most applaud what Bono did and do not want to emulate what I did . They only appreciate Bono's gestures.:)

that's all.

diamond

Last edited:
diamond said:
Guys, please don't lose sight of this statement in my previous post:

First off when I had my impulsive moment and was airborne leaping onto the catwalk I realized that I was wrong and probably in big trouble for doing so.

3438659923232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2323%3D8%3A%3B%3D368%3D32328%3A%3B277%3C85nu0mrj

Nor this statement:

the story ended well. (only because of Bono).

db9
:)

Last edited:
Sicy said:
Yes, lets all applaud diamond for trampling over U2 fans and ramming his way on stage, against security and without Bono inviting him. I am sure Bono was just thrilled.

I can understand this comment. Sometimes it is annoying. Nonetheless this is a cool story. And good for you Diamond.
I remember being centerstage at Popmart and the girl next to me kept yaking on about how she was going to jump on stage. I just rolled my eyes and thought "shut up ass!" sure enough, 20 minutes later she jumped the rail and security was on her. I believe it was Adam who came over and saved her. And Bono made a comment like "she must be Irish to take on security!" he went over and gave her a quick hug and then she was wisked outside the stadium.

See statements like these are inaccurate:

After he broke through security

I never broke through security.

ramming his way on stage

I didn't ram my way on stage or anybody, but security rammed me pretty good until Bono interceded.

Bono CHOOSES who he wants up there with him

Not always but most of the time.:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

u2bonogirl-

I enjoyed watching you dance with Bono in Denver recently. It looked liked you guys had good chemistry together. You're dancing seem pretty orginal too. A treat to watch.:)

Thru out U2's 25 plus years of touring it seems that 85-90 per cent of fans are pulled up by Bono on stage at Bono's choice.
And it goes without saying that it's better to be invited by Bono than surprise him.

About 10-15 per cent have leapt or rushed. Bono has never really turned a fan away immediately. Uninvited fans are usually gauged by Bono and then he makes a decision. Most rushers or leapers are sent away politely and quickly.

I was lucky for whatever reason that Bono decided.
Im only humbled by it.

Ppl to this day still send me letters or seek me out at shows.
The glory goes to Bono, not me.

My goal now is to help less forunate fans meet Bono or first timers meet him since I had one moment in the sun with him. I got more than most fans ever dreamt of.:)

30 days after the event in Boston I was still getting calls from people in the press corp.

Most have seen the article below, a few have not.
For those that havn't I post this for them.

The reception I got in the arena that night, from the press corp that night and in the streets of Boston immediately afterward is alot different from a few posters here:

34386%3C8323232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2323%3D946%3D%3B%3A4%3D3232946%3A%3B3389nu0mrj

peace,

db9

Last edited:
:laugh:
I know what youre saying about "most" fans are chosen by Bono.
*ahem* girl who stormed bono in the middle of dancing with another girl *ahem*

After hearing your attitude towards your whole experience I give you a thumbs up :up: :wink:
I commend your humility :yes:
As for your comment on my dancing with bono...yes I hear it was a bit unique :lol:
Seriously though, it was my first show ever. I was blessed to even BE there and then to get onstage. Geez. It was unreal.
I couldnt even extend my hand to him completely through the whole show because I was so awed by being there.
Hell. Im still in awe :drool:

u2bonogirl said:
:laugh:
I know what youre saying about "most" fans are chosen by Bono.
*ahem* girl who stormed bono in the middle of dancing with another girl *ahem*

After hearing your attitude towards your whole experience I give you a thumbs up :up: :wink:
I commend your humility :yes:
As for your comment on my dancing with bono...yes I hear it was a bit unique :lol:
Seriously though, it was my first show ever. I was blessed to even BE there and then to get onstage. Geez. It was unreal.
I couldnt even extend my hand to him completely through the whole show because I was so awed by being there.
Hell. Im still in awe :drool:

You will find yourself in awe about your encounter for the next twelve months, trust me.:yes:
Just tell your bf if he were to ask if he catches you musing about it that you were only daydreaming about you and him and your future together..:)

db9

Last edited:
diamond said:

You will find yourself in awe about your encounter for the next twelve months, trust me.:yes:
Just tell your bf if he were to ask if he catches you musing about it that you were only daydreaming about you and him and your future together..:)

db9

:lol: sounds like a plan
Hes actually my fiance. I met him on interference, and he helped push me onto the stage! :laugh:
Whenever I feel like daydreaming about it I generally make him listen to me ramble.

"he was moaning in my ear....moaning!"

ummm..kinda taking a break.

kids getting older, and more demanding job.:)

got invited to a few w GAs thrown at me but I will probably only do Vegas-3rd leg.:)

hope we can meet someday Lila64.

db9

:(
Diamond, I was hoping you would try to make the Dallas show. My husband and I are going and our 9 year old son wants to get Bono's autograph. He has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair, and also has very mild autism, so...he doesn't want to actually see the show. (He only likes the music if he can control the volume.:wink: )
We were planning on waiting outside the arena about soundcheck time. We have seats not GA's, so time is not a problem. Any suggestions??

LaceyM. said:
:(
Diamond, I was hoping you would try to make the Dallas show. My husband and I are going and our 9 year old son wants to get Bono's autograph. He has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair, and also has very mild autism, so...he doesn't want to actually see the show. (He only likes the music if he can control the volume.:wink: )
We were planning on waiting outside the arena about soundcheck time. We have seats not GA's, so time is not a problem. Any suggestions??

that's the best plan.
get there at 2 and stay there until 6 pm if need be.
most shows Edge and Bono have came out, usually Edge first.

Bono seems to not want to pass anybody by, skimming the whole crowd during meet and greets/signings etc. I ve witnessed him go out of his way to meet ppl with challenges.:)

Give your little guy a squeez and tell him to please play the music louder:hug:

good luck,
db9

Last edited:
Thank you so much!
:wave:

He's currently watching the Elevation DVD right now. And yes.

It is turned up.:wink:

u2bonogirl said:

:eyebrow:
If you read who I was replying to you wouldnt have just said that

I did read who you were replying to (Sicy's comment)...I wouldn't have said what I said if I didn't.....

MsGiggles said:

I did read who you were replying to (Sicy's comment)...I wouldn't have said what I said if I didn't.....

:hug:
I think we just have a misunderstanding here

Whatever we're both saying....which I dont quite have a clue about anymore :scratch:
Lets just move past it
Im cool with diamond now, even though I was bothered by his story before

Thanks to both of you. We can use all the positive thoughts that can be spared...

Last edited:
I have and can only dream to be the chosen one to be pulled up on stage by B-man!...but I guess I will only dream cause damn it if I can get a GA!!!....aggghhh! I mean Ive been to many U2 shows but never GA!...I should not complain and just be greatful that I have attended any shows at all but, I just dont know what it feels to be in the ellipse and experience them that close...
Some people I know get GAs for nearly all the shows they attend I dont know how they do it but they do it!! I've been to 4 shows this tour (all seats) and I have 4 more this fall (all seats)
Im greatful to have been able to get tickets and my seats have been quite good, but when I hear that it is a whole different experience being that close I cant help but feel envious...

I had two brief encounters with Bono and two with The Edge, and look forward to more so I should feel lucky to have been that close to them and I do....:wink:

Ill keep trying for GA's................hey maybe Mexico next year!:shrug:

Last edited:
Muggsy said:

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

were you trying to take poor Bono home, Diamond???? :lmao:

Muggsy,
It was such an incredible, surreal and spellbinding moment.

I just watch my idol of 20 years rescue and pull me out of harm's way.
He told me or asked me twice if I could pick him up.
(he had such a little kid's voice up close too..he was very earnest in his request)
I told him I thought I could w/a nod, and he said he would tell me exactly when.:ohmy:
At that point I woulda did about anything for Bono.

Once I lifted him he kinda landed in my arms that is why I think I chose to spin him in a couple of revolutions. About 1/2 thru the 3rd spin in a friendly but urgent voice he whispered to me:

"Ok, put me down now"..:)

I tried to do that as graceful as possible under the circumstances.

He next walked me over to the catwalk and said-
"Big guy be safe tonight"..and.."I want you to take a lap for me.."

Again I did as I was told by Bono, I just got rescued by my idol.
Ppl reached up to me as I took a slow jog around the heart.

I could hear Bono singing

"Hallejah
Hallejah
Hallejah
Hallejah"

in the background.

I was ushered back into the heart and greeted by a sobbing female fan and her husband who I only met earlier that evening.

The rest is a bit of a blur..

db9

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom