Pics of Bono with fans onstage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonobday.jpg

ruffian said:

LostAtMoon, I'm sorry you regret posting the pics--I think it was all in good fun and not meant to be disparaging to the band or fans. Sometimes PLEBA enthusiasm is a little, um, unbridled. I appreciated all the photos, and I think one of things we all look forward to in seeing them on tour this year is the amazing energy the band have with their fans. Onstage antics are part of what create that energy, and I'd imagine that's why Bono does it. On some level, I'm sure many of us love to imagine being that fan, and that's why the pictures are so compelling. I hope my request for them doesn't create bad feelings.

I was talking about the picture Dismantled posted here http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114567&perpage=20&pagenumber=6. I brought it here. I'm guilty. :reject:
There's been "a lot of talk", enthusiastic talk about it and some people have complaining (some of them too exaggerated) that we don’t moderate ourselves. I agree with this opinion at some point.
I know what you mean, I'm a girl too and it's been dam hard to control myself and my posts.

But as I said somewhere else, I love PLEBA and I think all this is very natural (or else we wouldn’t be human).

Last edited:
LostAtMoon said:

I was talking about the picture Dismantled posted here http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114567&perpage=20&pagenumber=6. I brought it here. I'm guilty. :reject:
There's been "a lot of talk", enthusiastic talk about it and some people have complaining (some of them too exaggerated) that we don’t moderate ourselves. I agree with this opinion at some point.
I know what you mean, I'm a girl too and it's been dam hard to control myself and my posts.

But as I said somewhere else, I love PLEBA and I think all this is very natural (or else we wouldn’t be human).

gotcha :) thanks for the response.

LostAtMoon said:

Don't feel so guilty. That pic was posted long ago. Like someone said, there's not much that is new.

while looking up the Babyface comment in Flanagan's book I came across a piece of information that I had never known

"Larry Mullen takes a certain subtle pride in the fact that that a bass part he came up with one night when Edge was working on guitar ideas has remained on the title song; Larry is the bassist on the intro to "Zooropa""
very cool - had to listen to Zooropa all over again :D
sorry off topic - here is a picture of Bono with a fan - not onstage but I still like it
bonoauto.bmp

here is another "fan":wink:
joshuatree_bono_ail.jpg

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

these pics are sweet, because the woman he brought onstage was pregnant (not sure if you can tell from the pics though, but it's a sweet story :cute: )

1ef80479.jpg

1c6d596b.jpg

6747c3ef.jpg

Hey cool - I took those pictures! :wink:

One of my top 10 concert moments, that was. :love: :combust: :love:

Thank You! You have made my day!

So, there I am - up all night long working on this really annoying deadline...and I finally crash early this AM. And I wake up, having to get back to work, and feeling cranky. So I am sitting here with my coffee, and I think "I'll check in at PLEBA first!" And I come upon this thread. Here is my response to it:

:love: :up: :hyper: :applaud: :applaud: :dance: :bow:

May I just say - THANK YOU!!!!!!

And also - YOU GALS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have saved my day and cheered me up hugely, and also helped me to enjoy a good bit of happy non-work time procrastinating and looking at yummy, lovely Bono pix!:drool:

Oh my - these are some killer photos! So fantastic!!!!

Y'know, Bono is a man that makes your eyes, heart, brain and HORMONES all veeeeeery happy indeed!

I read some of the remarks, about feeling bad about the thread and being disrespectful to the whole being-pulled-up-on-stage idea, and Bono maybe being horrified if he read the posts.

But I think it's ok - I mean, yeah, the comments are VERY funny and kinda naughty in here at times...and this is also the most respectful and nice gang of fans I have seen on internet threads.

Bono did start the whole more playful, flirty side to the going up on stage on the ZooTV tour. Before that it was all lovely cuddling and hugs and very gentle seeming. With ZooTV, with the more edgy, funny angle, the on-stage antics went along with it - the champagne spraying, the flirtiness, Bono slinking about the stage, ...and it was he who initiated all those infamous camera angle...shall we say "EXTREME Bono close-ups".

For all the tours since, the mood onstage with girls has been somewhere in between, depending on the night and on the people and on the mood. And it has always been really cool.

With all that, I don't think Bono would be mortified. I mean, I am not him. But, I tend to think he'd probably think it was funny - though maybe a little blush-worthy at times.

But that's 'cos this is just how girls talk, y'know That is why I love PLEBA - it feels like sitting around with a big bunch of girlfriends and having coffee or some drinks and chatting away and having a laugh. Sometimes talking about serious stuff, alot of the time being outrageous and funny, and yeah, alot of the time talking about cute guys and sex.

And girls tend to talk at those times exactly like you see here on the thread. And so I think it's really cool and lovely here. And if Bono blushed it would only be in the way ANY guy would when he wandered into the midst of a lively discussion that a bunch of boisterous girls are having about guys and sex and all.

Ok, I really have to go work now. Sigh! Bleah!

But thank you all for the gorgeous photos and really fun conversations, and for cheering up my day!!!!!

Bye for now!

Peace and BonoLove,

HowthGirl

sweetie said:

:drool: Arrggh! How did she resist the urge to just sit down!

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
what a wonderful post, Sweetie (gee, I'm feeling all affectionate calling you that!). Really, expresses my sentiments exactly. As for the sitting down, well...I had it going that direction in the first draft of the fiction I wrote but it was entirely too nasty ;)

ruffian said:

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
what a wonderful post, Sweetie (gee, I'm feeling all affectionate calling you that!).
:sexywink: Thats why I picked it..so I will always feel the affection..LOL.

ruffian said:
Really, expresses my sentiments exactly. As for the sitting down, well...I had it going that direction in the first draft of the fiction I wrote but it was entirely too nasty ;)

I have really short legs so I don't think I could get into that position without...er...:huh:...well...:der: you know what I mean. :reject:

sweetie said:
:sexywink: Thats why I picked it..so I will always feel the affection..LOL.

I have really short legs so I don't think I could get into that position without...er...:huh:...well...:der: you know what I mean. :reject:
:ohmy:

:shifty:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom