Pics of Bono drawing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the lyric would definitely be the violins/Nero lyric. It's like Bono to put something catchy and ironic in.
(Nero being the ruler who played his violin as Rome burned to the ground, right?)
So Bono is saying you wanted something beautiful, and got it, but with an evil or tragic outcome or twist to it.
Something like that anyways!

ah, I never got the link between violins and nero... :scratch: kinda odd since I've latin and got all the stuff about emperors.... thanks for clearing that up for me comet!

Galeongirl said:

those are the lyrics for Mercy :) an unreleased song that got cut off from Bomb in the last moments...
These are from Atu2.com, I disagree on a few parts, but this'll do for now... (I think it is you wanted violence, and you got nearer, isntead of violins and nero)
"Mercy"
I was drinking some wine and it turned to blood
What’s the use of religion if you’re any good
I know I’m weed killer, honey, and you’re sugar
If you’re the prosecution I get away with murder
If you were ice, I’m water
And with your telescope I can see further
We’re binary code, a one and a zero
You wanted violins and you got Nero
You’re gravity searching for the ground
You’re silence searching for a sound
Your heart is aching, your heart is my home
It’s fascinating, I know I’ll never be alone

I’m ripping the stitches
We’ve got two hands to rub
I’m digging the ditches
Of someone else’s love

Love heals when I lie
Love puts the blue back in my eye
Love will come again
I’ll be gone again
Again

If you hunger, baby let me feed it
If your heart is full, baby let me bleed it
And happiness is for those who don’t really need it
You love me too much
You always love me too much

When I was ripping the stitches
We’ve got two hands to rub
I’m digging the ditches
Of someone else’s luck

Love heals when I lie
Love puts the blue back in my eye
Love has come again
I am gone again

Love has got to be with the weak
Only then love gets a chance to speak
Love will come again
I’ll be gone again
Again

I, I can’t escape myself
I’ll hear you talk
Fear nothing
I fear nothing
Fear
How can someone fear nothing
How can someone fear nothing

Love is come again
I am gone again
Love is the end of history
The enemy of misery
Love is come again
I am gone again
Love is justice, not charity
Love brings with it a clarity
Love is come again
I’m alive again
Alive
I am alive
Baby, I’m born again
And again and again and again
And again and again
Again

Wow, thank you so much for posting that! Those are awesome lyrics, too bad it didn't make the album, I would love to hear this song!
I swear that man makes me melt with his words...
Sounds like an ode to God... very cool!

Edge said they're Reworking it!!!!!! so maybe we'll get it after all! I seriously love it, but there are as many lovers as haters for this song :D

Galeongirl said:
Edge said they're Reworking it!!!!!! so maybe we'll get it after all! I seriously love it, but there are as many lovers as haters for this song :D

Really?!? :hyper: I love Mercy too, so clever! I just love the way Bono can make words pump up against one another!! :love: But the musical arrangement of Mercy could do with a little bit of tweaking i.e. the "I fear nothing" bit tends to drag on for a tad too long, me thinks!!! :uhoh:

:wink:

Last edited:
Galeongirl said:

I know that would be way cool! :up:

Jeannieco and gluey can you pm me your email addresses? I'll send it right along then.

i`m sorry but as the drawing person I am,B-man draws weird,i`d love to show him other stuff:love:

but it Is unique
and I love that about him...

Last edited:
:wink: :drool: You do That, flybaby!! hee...lol! would just love to see someone teach Bono something! lol! Like when he played the harmonica...and folks wanted to teach him how to play!

I like Bono's drawings very much and don't think they are weird or anything. It's his style, very characteristic and I would love to see more of his drawings. I don't think he needs anyone to "teach" him something. I think individuality is more important than technique, and I am sure we would recognize Bono's style when we see one of his drawings.

I think I'm one of the few people in the world that actually geniunely likes his style - without any gimmick of it coming from a celebrity, I'd still like it even if it was just drawn by another struggling painter.

The strongest art comes straight from the heart, devoid of self-consciousness and classification. This is exactly what his work looks like to me.

He should hell of paint the cover for the next album.

hi, i need your help. i want to make some t-shirts with this bono`s dove. but i need bigger version of it. please, can you post me a bigger scan, thanks

Back
Top Bottom