Picked up tickets today.......roll on May, Ireland here we come!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ME2U2

The Fly
We're coming to Ireland!!!!!!!!!!!
After reading some posts here lately I know I will cry when I have to leave and I'm not even there yet!
We arrive on 27/5 for two weeks and I've decided the best and only way to celebrate our wedding anniversary is to go and have dinner at the Clarence, so if any of you are there on the 30/5 drop in and say hello. It will be easy to recognize us just look for the two oldest people there!
If anyone can pass on tips about places not to miss I would be grateful. Also is the band at the new studio yet and how do I get there? Oh and can you drive to Killiney or do you have to catch a bus? You know all the usual questions a U2 fanatic would ask.
Any useful info would be greatly appreciated.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

If you want to do a bit of U2-site-spotting, then pretty much everywhere in Dublin is where you wanna be.
There's a page on @U2 that lists everywhere and pinpoints it on a map.
The only thing I can think of that they've missed is Leeson Street (Sweetest Thing video location, I think), which is one of the roads off St. Stephen's Green, diagonal to Grafton Street.

As for un-U2 related things - do you like walking? I spent an entire day last year, from dawn til dusk, just walking around Dublin, stopping off at anywhere that looked interesting! Awesome day, it was. The whole place is just magic.

Just around the corner from the Nude cafe (marked on @U2 map), is a Tourist Information centre. It used to be a church so it's pretty big, and you can pick up leaflets and things about where to go and what to do.

If you like art, there's a fantastic art gallery up by Merrion Square. I'm not a HUGE art fan, but even I found my trip there an inspiring one.
Hell, I even enjoyed visiting the churches/cathedrals, and that's *definitely* not my thing.

Oh, and don't hold me to it, but I believe there is a railway line that goes from the city centre right through Killiney.

Right. I've rambled enough!

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
That is true, Lucy about the train! It's called DART&it runs between Malahide(i think)and Bray, which is just past Killiney, Bonos' area of residence!

How i'd love to get on that train!:)

ME2U2 said:
We're coming to Ireland!!!!!!!!!!!
After reading some posts here lately I know I will cry when I have to leave and I'm not even there yet!
We arrive on 27/5 for two weeks and I've decided the best and only way to celebrate our wedding anniversary is to go and have dinner at the Clarence, so if any of you are there on the 30/5 drop in and say hello. It will be easy to recognize us just look for the two oldest people there!
If anyone can pass on tips about places not to miss I would be grateful. Also is the band at the new studio yet and how do I get there? Oh and can you drive to Killiney or do you have to catch a bus? You know all the usual questions a U2 fanatic would ask.
Any useful info would be greatly appreciated.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

My hubby took me to he Clarence for a night's stay and dinner in the restaurant for our 10th wedding anniversary..This was 3 years ago and the food was amazing. Best way to get to Bono's house is by Dart and then just a walk up a very steep hill!!

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your comments/advice.

I'm so excited about this trip but trying not to wish my life away, but.......is it May yet? LOL.

I really hope I get to meet some other U2 fans there!

Back
Top Bottom