Pic request.....Preying mantis ontop of Edge...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mysticchild

Acrobat
Hi , I was on a U2 website the other day and I could have sworn I say pics of Edge with a preying mantis on his beanie....Am I crazy!??? Help!! :)

Never mind here it is!!! Enjoy:wink:

72428717jn0ea1.jpg

72428769hw9sw3.jpg

From Willie Williams' tour diary:

"The gig itself went well enough, with a couple of funny moments. When the lights came up at the top of the first number, ‘City of Blinding Lights’, I could see in the camera close up that The Edge had a large green praying mantis sitting on top of his head. He really did – I’m not making this up. There was a bright green mantis happily cleaning its mandibles perched on Edge’s black beanie. It wasn’t overly noticeable on the stage screens (and besides there’s a hell of a lot going on at that point in the show) but at mission control on the TV monitor for Edge’s camera we could clearly see the little chap perched there, in the best seat in the house. It sat there for a minute or so, then started to move about, exploring his new black woolly domain. It crawled forward and had a look down at Edge’s guitar technique, then turned around and wandered back over the crown of Edge’s head until we realised that a few more insect steps and the thing might fall down the back of Edge’s neck, which would have been highly entertaining but possibly disastrous for the show. Mercifully it held on until the blackout before Vertigo, when The Edge’s guitar tech discreetly slipped on stage and flicked it into oblivion."

DreamOutLoud13 said:
:laugh: That will NEVER stop being funny. I can see us, in five years going "Remember the time there was a preying mantis on top of Edge's head?!"
:laugh: Seriously! I LOVE stuff like this :cute:

bono_212 - new caption theme you say? :hmm:

mysticchild said:
From Willie Williams' tour diary:

"The gig itself went well enough, with a couple of funny moments. When the lights came up at the top of the first number, ‘City of Blinding Lights’, I could see in the camera close up that The Edge had a large green praying mantis sitting on top of his head. He really did – I’m not making this up. There was a bright green mantis happily cleaning its mandibles perched on Edge’s black beanie. It wasn’t overly noticeable on the stage screens (and besides there’s a hell of a lot going on at that point in the show) but at mission control on the TV monitor for Edge’s camera we could clearly see the little chap perched there, in the best seat in the house. It sat there for a minute or so, then started to move about, exploring his new black woolly domain. It crawled forward and had a look down at Edge’s guitar technique, then turned around and wandered back over the crown of Edge’s head until we realised that a few more insect steps and the thing might fall down the back of Edge’s neck, which would have been highly entertaining but possibly disastrous for the show. Mercifully it held on until the blackout before Vertigo, when The Edge’s guitar tech discreetly slipped on stage and flicked it into oblivion."

Oh wow now that's just too funny!! :lmao: I saw thoughs pics with something on top of Edge's beanie but never knew until now what it was!!! :lmao:

:laugh: can you imagine what would've happened if it fell down Edge's shirt??? I wonder if our Zen master would still be able to play his tunes!

I guess now he has a new excuse for wearing beanies...protecting his scalp from praying mantises. :wink:

OMFG that is fucking hilarious!!! he will never live that down! man I'd loved to had seen what he'd done if it crawled down his neck!

Back
Top Bottom