Pic Request -- Pope John Paul wearing Bono's shades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This was all I found.

pope_in_bonos_shades.jpg

The picture was posted on @u2.com....and was later retracted because it's authenticity couldn't be proven. That and the fact that we've seen pics of Bono handing his own Bvlgaris that he was intially wearing to the Pope (a copy of that pic is in the left of the whole photo and that particular one IS genuine) and in the righthand questionable pic you can see: 1) Bono wearing shades and 2) that is not Bvlgaris on the Pope.

starsgoblue said:
That and the fact that we've seen pics of Bono handing his own Bvlgaris that he was intially wearing to the Pope (a copy of that pic is in the left of the whole photo and that particular one IS genuine)

can someone post that pic then, please?

starsgoblue said:
The picture was posted on @u2.com....and was later retracted because it's authenticity couldn't be proven. That and the fact that we've seen pics of Bono handing his own Bvlgaris that he was intially wearing to the Pope (a copy of that pic is in the left of the whole photo and that particular one IS genuine) and in the righthand questionable pic you can see: 1) Bono wearing shades and 2) that is not Bvlgaris on the Pope.

Didn't know that. :reject:

I still don't get it why the Vatican doesn't want those pics to be published. John Paul had such a great sense of humor! That's one of the mny reasons I loved him to bits ( although I didn't agree with him on certain things)

Last edited:
That picture is most definitely not real... someone with (barely decent) photoshopping skills did it...

That book Bono is holding in the second photo is a collection of poems by Irish poet, Seamus Heaney. Bono gave that book to John Paul as a gift and then offered up his shades when he saw the Pope eyeing them.

*waits for one4u2 to tease* :wink:

starsgoblue said:
That book Bono is holding in the second photo is a collection of poems by Irish poet, Seamus Heaney. Bono gave that book to John Paul as a gift and then offered up his shades when he saw the Pope eyeing them.

*waits for one4u2 to tease* :wink:

:lmao:

I really was just about too!!!!

starsgoblue said:
My mind...it's like a giant sponge of Bono trivia. :p

We plebans are a giant plethora of knowledge :wink:

I really can't wait to meet you were going to have a blast :dancing:

Back
Top Bottom