Pic request: GA lines, panoramic views of fans in the GA/arena shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ruffian

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I've been away from the blue crack for a long time, but am hoping to get some help. I need some photos of lines of people waiting in the GA. Pictures that capture how long the GA line is are especially helpful, and maybe some panoramic shots at arena shows (not stadiums) that show the size of the crowd would also be useful. The photos will be enlarged and displayed on a poster, so good quality is also useful.

Some of you attending shows on the last tour helped me out by filling out a questionairre about your GA experience. I'm happy to say the research has been accepted for publication in the Journal of Applied Social Psychology. The presentation of the research will be at the American Psychological Society meetings in D.C. this May.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

:wave:

I've been buried in work, paying for the sins of 2005/2006 :D

checked out the thread but I still need more arena pics and photos of the GA line...but thanks for directing me there.

that would be awesome. email is blomonaco @ gmail.com. thanks tons!

:bump:

anyone else? pictures of how pitiful we all look in the GA??

Image014_1.jpg

I know its not an arena but meh

ruffian said:

I'm happy to say the research has been accepted for publication in the Journal of Applied Social Psychology. The presentation of the research will be at the American Psychological Society meetings in D.C. this May.

:up: Very cool.

ffe5d11f.jpg

Yes, it's a horrible shot, but I bet it's one of the only aerial views of a partial GA line (taken from the top of the Space Needle). :wink:.

Wish I could be more help :reject:.

Hi Barbara. :wave:

Hey Kel! Thanks everyone for the pics.

Aerial views of the GA crowds in arenas would be great, too. We can't use stadium views since we didn't conduct any research at those shows.

These are a great start. Keep 'em coming if you have more, and thanks again :bow:

Wow, I never cease to be amazed at the stamina shown by people waiting so long in the lines!!! May sound silly, but where did they leave their chairs and sleeping bags once they got in? Or did someone come and collect them? :reject:
I'd dearly dearly love to see a concert overseas (preferably Ireland!!) but wow, I'd have to be prepared for the long-haul by the looks of it!!

i don't know about anyone else gluey, but when a group of us camped out in sydney we just packed up very late in the day and took the stuff back to our cars, or rather ran back with it while the rest of us waited in line...worked pretty well :)

hmm sounds like a plan for the future - gotta start taking notes of what works and what doesn't for if I ever get the chance again!

gluey said:
hmm sounds like a plan for the future - gotta start taking notes of what works and what doesn't for if I ever get the chance again!

we brought one of those beach tents to sit under in the middle of the day and thank goodness we did - sun was relentless! but do do it if you have the chance - so, so, so worth it :hyper:

andberlin said:

we brought one of those beach tents to sit under in the middle of the day and thank goodness we did - sun was relentless! but do do it if you have the chance - so, so, so worth it :hyper:

This is random...but were you at Sydney III?

Lila64 said:
No pics here ruffian - just wanted to say hello.

Hello! :wave: :hug:

:wave: Lila :hug: good to see you, and hi Kim!

thanks everyone for posting pics :)

bonoishot said:
Ruff. :hyper::kiss: We've missed you. :hug:

I think i have a few but im at work so can't post them now, they're on my pc at home. Will post later.

Jem! wow, all my long lost plebans popping up! :hug:

And all these pics are bringing back fond memories of the tour (though thank GOD i didn't go to Cleveland.)

The Hawaii GA/Refugee camp would be great for pics. I especially need those that show 100-200 people in line.

I took some pics of all the umbrellas in line from above at Portland... I'll see if I can find them.

BEVERLY56 said:
Oh shit, now that I look again, that's me in the pink hat and mittens!!!!!!! :lol:

:lmao: :giggle:

You silly girl!!! And u do look cold out there! I can't even begin to describe how cold it was in Portland, OR. 12.19.05 show...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was one lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg nite!!!!!!!:sad:

Back
Top Bottom