Pic Request: Black and White Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoobaby14

War Child
I'm covering me school books and I want to put the Boys on my Book covers, but my problem is I Dont have any colour ink (my mother refuses to buy anymore)

And I need some black and white pics to print off

Any era will do, any of the boys but, group shots would be better

Anyone have some to share?

band_49-1.jpg

fl_0321-1.jpg

010609r2-28.jpg

tokyo.jpg

My favourite :D

If you have some photo editing software, you can turn any pic into a black and white pic. :)

Really? I did not know that. Is that option avail on Photoshop? I think I have a really od version though.:confused:

BabyfaceU2CBW216.jpg

:cute:

Carmelu2fan said:
Really? I did not know that. Is that option avail on Photoshop? I think I have a really od version though.:confused:

I don't use Photoshop...I use a really old version of PhotoImpact, but it's on there. It seems to me to be a very basic function, so I'd bet some Photoshop user out there would know how. I think on PhotoImpact, it's something about turning the image to grayscale.

Bonochick said:

I don't use Photoshop...I use a really old version of PhotoImpact, but it's on there. It seems to me to be a very basic function, so I'd bet some Photoshop user out there would know how. I think on PhotoImpact, it's something about turning the image to grayscale.

it's on photoshop :)
I have the latest version, but it should be the same

Control + U

set the 2nd bar to the left :)

If you want a Anton Corbijn look, just do Shift + Ctrl + U to greyscale it, then adjust the brightness and contrast a little. Maybe add a little noise filter slightly :)

You can convert to black and white in Paint, although it gives you an alarming message saying it can't be undone. Probably best to save an extra copy of the coloured pic to work with, just in case.

I use Irfanview (which I think is a free download?), that has a much less frightening "convert to greyscale" option which is easily undone.

Alisaura said:

I use Irfanview (which I think is a free download?), that has a much less frightening "convert to greyscale" option which is easily undone.
I use Irfanview too. :up: (and it's a free download :yes: )

Last edited:
I don't have Photoshop, and if I had it I don't think I would know how to use it. ;-) I only use irfanview to convert pics to jpg, black & white, to resize them.

Back
Top Bottom