Pic Request: Adam with a Precision bass!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galeongirl

Galeonbroad
Ok gals, I'm looking for something specific here that most people won't notice... looking for Adams with a specific type of bass.
The one he mostly uses is a Jazz bass, which can be recognized by two elements separated from eachother. The one I'm looking for is a Precision bass, that has two elements closely together.
few examples, I really don't have much:
Adams first real bass (he still has it these days and often plays it!)
precisionblacknf3.jpg

During ZooTv he used two different types:
precisionzoo2li4.jpg

and
precision1972qh1.jpg

There are few occasions during pop and ATYCLB he used it, but I don't know of much!
precisionsunburst1ho2.jpg

I've also been told he used one on Rattle and Hum, during All along the watchtower. I've never seen this bass, so if anyone has a screencap that would be great :)
Any pics of Adam playing this type of bass are very very welcome! :wave:

Just for the record, this is not the bass I'm looking for! This, and the other golden coloured one, are jazz basses..
jazzgreenex8.jpg

You're right :hmm: it has precision elements tho!

now I made an adam thread anyway, I have another little request:
For some reason this pic got a bit grainy when I saved it, does anyone have it in the original good quality? :shifty: bigger wouldn't be a bad thing either..
adamarmsfu3.jpg

Actually according to a Bass Player interview, Adam's P-bass has a Jazz neck,it's a hybrid. :)

[BP: Are you still playing your '72 Precision?

AC: I am. It's got a bit less varnish than it once had, but it's still around. I see photographs of it from different tours, and I can see the varnish gradually wearing off. It's a really light instrument, which is fantastic, because it's got this nice brightness without losing any bottom end. I'm always changing something on it, but it's still pretty much the same instrument I've always played. I did put a Jazz neck on it very early on; I find the Jazz neck suits my left hand better. The Precision is a painful, physical thing to do battle with. The Jazz is a bit more ladylike.

BP: You've also played some odd custom basses over the years. What do you listen for in a bass?

AC: I like a clean top end that can cut through, but I also like a big, air-moving bottom. The Precision has always given me that, so the custom basses I've used have always been selected because they complement my Precision. That big yellow thing -- the banana bass -- that I played on the Pop tour is a great-sounding example. It was made by Auerswald, the German guy who makes Prince's guitars.

Recently I've actually been playing Jazz basses, though, because I've been using my fingers a lot more, and I've been after a bit more definition. I recorded the new album with two Jazz basses -- a '61 and a '72. I also used my old Gibson Les Paul Recording bass. It's a short-scale thing with this great, round bottom that just moves air. It's great in the studio. ]-2000

Edge_Orchestra has a really well done site about the various kinds of guitar, amps, drums, etc the band members have used over the years.

Back
Top Bottom