Physical attraction to the band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
freetobeme said:
Note: don't waste your money on the 'hide my IP' program :mad: :banghead: Though I did manage to fool five other messsage boards :D

Your devotion to your guys is admirable. Pity I can no longer share it, but I understand how you feel.

So, who were you, just out of curiousity?

U2TRINITY said:
323.jpg
WHAT PEACE SIGN?!

:lol: That will forever be what that picture makes me think of.

Ahem. When I first started getting into U2, I don't really think I found any of them physically attractive. I didn't think they weren't attractive, I just wasn't really paying attention the wrapping paper. I fell in love with Bono's soul first, which sounds cheesy, but it's true. The admiration came through the music, before I ever really went around watching videos and looking at pictures.
The drooling sort of attraction started after I saw Bono giving an unsuspecting (and entirely too lucky!) woman in the audience on SNL a lapdance. I think my jaw hit the floor, and it just went on from there.
I'm not shallow. Most of the PLEBAns here aren't shallow. Many of us are quite willing to admit that Bono often looks like a total bum. But he doesn't act like one, and I doubt many of us would be as attracted to him as we are if it weren't for what's on the inside.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

WHAT PEACE SIGN?!

:lol: That will forever be what that picture makes me think of.

Ahem. When I first started getting into U2, I don't really think I found any of them physically attractive. I didn't think they weren't attractive, I just wasn't really paying attention the wrapping paper. I fell in love with Bono's soul first, which sounds cheesy, but it's true. The admiration came through the music, before I ever really went around watching videos and looking at pictures.
The drooling sort of attraction started after I saw Bono giving an unsuspecting (and entirely too lucky!) woman in the audience on SNL a lapdance. I think my jaw hit the floor, and it just went on from there.
I'm not shallow. Most of the PLEBAns here aren't shallow. Many of us are quite willing to admit that Bono often looks like a total bum. But he doesn't act like one, and I doubt many of us would be as attracted to him as we are if it weren't for what's on the inside.

His beauty as a person certainly shines through and although a rock star he is no child a 46. :drool:

I agree with some of you in thinking we dont have to justify why we are so attracted in these men..But it is nice to hear everyone elses responses::
I took notice of the band after I heard pride, I knew nothing about the band because I was a true blue "Duranie":|
I was into Depeche Mode and Inxs, But Pride...the lyrics...I began to understand!!!!....When Joshua Tree came out and the WOWOY video played constantly on MTV and other video programs i really paid attention to bandmembers Bono and Larry:drool:
then I wanted to know more I went through my teen rock mags and wanted to see more of this band...from there it has been LOVE every since for these men....My Duranie, Inxs and Depeche Mode ect days left behind with my teens
..I feel I have grown up with U2...I have been a true U2 fan since!!!
though I feel I missed out on the earliest part of their career, thanks to technology I can relive those times...
I do Think Bono is uber hot!! as well as the Edge.These four men have aged very well and are true men and band that matter, Of all the crazy things I have done for the band I would never do for any other band...U2 are my Beatles the Fab 4 of my generation:happy:

Did I mention that Bono and Edge are HOT? :love: :D

Last edited:
BonoFox1 said:
Did I mention that Bono and Edge are HOT? :love: :D

Umm don't know.....maybe we should take another look...because we can....

1219226bdz9.jpg

Fine specimens....DAMN fine specimens!!!

UBER HOT!!

Yep, and it's great reading what makes everyone tick about them too...

OMG Gluey, I've never seen that pic so MASSIVE before! Wet U2? YES PLEASE! :drool: :combust:

BonoFox1 said:
Did I mention that Bono and Edge are HOT? :love: :D [/B]

How could anybody look at this and then say it's not H-O-T!!!

BonoEdgeRome.jpg

And as for another example of how fine Edge is:

woolyedge.jpg

I rest my case.

Bonocomet - if I recall correctly, you had said "Wot peace sign??? :evil:"

:D That's the same thing I think of when I see that gorgeous pic. But yeah, to answer the original question - I am just going to repeat what I've been saying - THEY. GET. HOTTER. AS. THEY. GET. OLDER.

Bono at 60 :drool:

Bono at 70: :drool: :drool:

Bono at 80 :combust:

All of them are physically attractive men, and even though I prefer Larry and Bono, I think all of them have aged well and look better and better with each passing year. At least they're not into the Botox like other rockstars.

freetobeme said:
While they were very handsome fellows in their youth, they aren't sexy or attractive in a physical way any longer. Is your attachment to them because of the music, or perhaps nostalgia? Or are there some who honestly think they look good? Back in the days of JT and AB they were smokin but that is over. There are other artists their age or even older who are still finely looking but our boys no longer make it in that category.

:madwife:

So you must be some sort of knock down dead beauty to have the nerve to stand in judgement over our guys, right?!? :mad: I don't know even if I should bother to answer such ridiculous question coz people like you really piss me off!! :angry: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" ever heard of that particular saying?!? :huh: I mean, I would never dream of posting a similar question on any other rock performers fan forum coz I respect other peoples feelings too much, even though I may not always understand them! And if you're really that glueless, than I suggest you hang around Pleba for a while and you'll soon find the answer to your question, without resulting to asking such offensive questions!!! :madspit:

ps. Bono is sex on legs and is better looking now than he ever was back in his 20s!!

Bonopinkshirt3.jpg

:drool: I rest my case!! :wink:

Last edited:
gluey said:

Umm don't know.....maybe we should take another look...because we can....

1219226bdz9.jpg

Fine specimens....DAMN fine specimens!!!

UBER HOT!!

Yep, and it's great reading what makes everyone tick about them too...

Please excuse me , but I must take a moment to :drool: :drool: :drool: over dripping wet Bono . after all that is what this thread is about !!!

Whoever started this thread is on a Mission Impossible, I guess.
I mean, you cannot just come here and say "They are not attractive" anymore as if you are stating a fact.
This is nothing but your personal opinion and it's sad to hear that you apparently base attractiveness only on looks and appearance.
As someone who has gotten into this band pretty late, I can tell you that I prefer their present appearance to their younger selves. Maybe because I am not so young myself and I feel that there is much more to a person's attractiveness than their looks.
These men are extremely distinguished, and beauty comes with age. It's their life experience that makes them interesting both as men and human beings.
I take them over most of todays younger stars any day.

Hm... good question. I'm a Bono and Larry girl and I think there's no doubt Larry's beautiful. He almost did not age, he's a very good-looking man.
But I can't really explain what makes Bono attractive. If I look at a male model or someone else who is handsome, I'll think he's hot. When I look at our B Man, I can't even describe what I feel.
Bono's different, he's very special and he does not look like everyone else.
But, okay... Can't tell ya what makes him attractive for me :huh: I guess it's his hair and his blue eyes, the shape of his chin, lips... :hmm:
(Sorry for the many following pics)
51112369_fb413b0db2_o.jpg

Bild1-1.png

84bb40db.jpg

15-1.jpg

Beautiful :ohmy:

BEST POST EVER

Drea said:
They're all aging very well IMO (especially Adam :drool: )

Exhibit 1:
NowAdambusinesssuit.jpg

Exhibit 2:
U2blender.jpg

Exhibit 3:
htdaab_u2waterbw.jpg

Exhibit 4:
AdamoncoverDec05BassPlayer.jpg

Getting the idea? :wink:

Totally agree. Look at them:drool: They are uber talented, very nice men and sooo cute. So what if they do not look like Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt, why does Hollywood get to define what is beautiful to me?

Hmmm..looks like guys in their 40s are still IN... :evil: :evil: So, y'have your answer...and whilst we muse on 40ish year old guys....spare a thought for.....Johnny Depp...:drool: :drool: :drool: Oh, Jack Sparrow could come roost in my tree any time...:evil: :evil:

U2TRINITY said:

Please excuse me , but I must take a moment to :drool: :drool: :drool: over dripping wet Bono . after all that is what this thread is about !!!

Hey y'all PLEBAns - XRayMartyr here! Long time lurker, first time poster. Love the board. Just have to say that pic's the S**T right there. Awww, yeah!

Adam looks like a sunbeam on a winter's day.

Can't believe I'm actually posting. Please beat my head in with a brick or something before I go premium.

Ciao.:combust:

MsPurrl said:

He/she must be embarrassed to admit it!

:lol:

2 negative posts? Using an alter? Can you spell T-R-O-L-L-I-N-G?:rolleyes:

But seriously, since I'm here...

Men tend to become more attractive as they get older (unless they gain 300 lbs or engage in side-to-side combovers:wink: .)
Perhaps its a maturity thing...boys can be *so* insecure and immature! Not to mention silly.

Personally, I didn't find the guys to be particularly attractive when they were young (I'm the same age as they are, btw). *Loved* the music, and loved to read articles and interviews about them--intelligent, thoughtful fellows for their age--but looking at their photos and videos didn't exactly get me all hot and bothered, if you know what I mean!

Then along came Achtung Baby...WOW!:combust: I'm like, where did this come from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hot, sexy, mature men!!!!!!!!!!!!:drool:

My point being that according to our current youth-obsessed culture, (which the original poster seems to slavishly follow) these guys were *already* considered "over-the-hill" at 30+ years of age!

They are still hot, sexy, mature *MEN* 15 years later!
And all these gals who are in their teens and 20's who are drooling over these guys ought to tell you something...:D

kimby said:

Personally, I didn't find the guys to be particularly attractive when they were young (I'm the same age as they are, btw). *Loved* the music, and loved to read articles and interviews about them--intelligent, thoughtful fellows for their age--but looking at their photos and videos didn't exactly get me all hot and bothered, if you know what I mean!

Then along came Achtung Baby...WOW!:combust: I'm like, where did this come from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hot, sexy, mature men!!!!!!!!!!!!:drool:

My feelings exactly. I thought Bono was actually quite effeminate in the 80s -don't laugh :wink: Boy did I change my mind when he reemerged as the Fly :drool: and he just improves with age, as they all have done -like bottles of fine wine...
I think a few laughter lines and wrinkles add real character to a man. I remember as a teenager when Star Wars came out most of my friends drooled over Mark Hamill but I much preferred Harrison Ford. I guess it's all a matter of personal taste at the end of the day but beauty is only skin deep and their inner beauty also shines through.

My $.02 as a 44 year old gal who has followed U2 since 1980:

Adam: He never really started turning my head until a few years ago. I didn’t dig the ‘fro, I didn’t dig the Small Glasses/Amish Joshua Tree phase, nor the mohawk in the early ’90s…but the look he’s been rocking the past few years? Outrageously sexy. Call Doctor Freud if you must, but the Silver Fox Daddy thing rocks my universe in about 37 different ways. Adam has gotten more comfortable in his own skin as he’s aged -- something that’s incredibly sexy when it happens to anyone, male or female.

Edge: As with Adam, I never looked twice at Edge until a few years ago. Maybe it’s because my 47-year-old long-distance boyfriend is a dead ringer (and I ain’t kidding: we’re talking stop-on-the-street-doubletake-dead-ringer) for ‘today’s’ Edge. The way “he” wears a pair of jeans, the smokin’ body that he doesn’t keep covered up any more, the baldie/hathead thing, the facial hair…killer! (Doesn’t every guy you know who’s FINALLY capitulated to his inevitable hair reality, a la Edge, seem a million times happier since he made the bold decision to shave it down? Hmmm…with that happiness comes confidence…and confidence = UBERHOTTIE!) These days, Edge moves more loosely when he’s on stage and, like Adam, he’s finally hit his stride. (And I hope this isn’t inappropriate, but, um, when I lay my eyes on my Edgy Lookalike when he’s just gotten out of the shower and is in front of the mirror getting ready to head out for the night…well, trust me, Morleigh and I are very happy gals. (My guy’s secret is a mysteriously balanced diet of Mountain Dew, stir fry, gallons of hot sauce, and Little Debbie. I weep at the injustice.)

Larry: I daresay that Early Larry was a bit too pretty for me…almost difficult to look at for any longer than a passing glance. (I’ve never been a chick who dug ‘perfect’ dudes…the whole sculpted Chippendales look popular in the 80s never turned me on.) As Larry has aged, however, his looks have appealed to me more…a few more creases on the face, a bit more sinewy = HAWT. Today’s Larry reminds me of the dudes I see in the city I live (Milwaukee) - I’m new here and since arriving have been blown away by the legions of INCREDIBLY gorg “older” (35+) dudes in this town who rumble around on their Harleys during the warm weather months. Larry has always loved his Harleys, as we know, but Today’s Larry is a perfect example of the kind of guy I’m talking about. There’s a real physicality to them…they work construction, they’re in great shape, they like to break a sweat, and they just have an ease about them that’s really sexy. On that 'break a sweat' note, when I saw the band here last September, there was an extended period of time during the show where I just watched Larry behind his kit and was blown away by how hard the guy was working. Focused, INTENSE, getting the job done. Muy, MUY caliente.

Bono: In love with Bono from the very beginning, but I have to say that, looks-wise, he’s fallen down to the bottom of my list in this area. (Granted, the competition offered up by the other three is brutal.) Not that I still don’t think he’s super sexy, but could the re-shuffling of my list have anything to do with my feeling that he’s the last of the four guys in the band to embrace the fact that he’s getting older? IMHO, the hottest look that Bono could rock from this point forward would be if he got rid of the hair - a supershort buzzcut! - and do the work it takes to get that lean and hungry look that would be so awesome on him. I worry a bit about Bono; I don’t think he takes great care of himself (too little sleep/both-ends-burning, a tad too much alcohol). Granted, his unique role on the world stage brings immense pressures (it made me sad when he mentioned in the Time “People of the Year” piece that he never gets any time alone.) But I’m reminded of some of the older rock acts I’ve seen in recent years (David Bowie, Chrissie Hynde); both in their 50s, in amazing shape, super physical in their performances, and from my up-front vantage point there was no question that they take damn good care of themselves (they know they don’t have a choice if they want to get the job done.) You can do it, Bono! I double dare ya! Show those other three guys who’s da boss! ;)

Greenlight said:

I think a few laughter lines and wrinkles add real character to a man. I remember as a teenager when Star Wars came out most of my friends drooled over Mark Hamill but I much preferred Harrison Ford.

Harrison Ford, yeah!:drool:

Personally, I'm not attracted to baby-faced or "pretty" men, which is probably why the young U2 never got me going. Also why Larry has never "heated me up" like the other guys (sorry, Larry fans). I prefer guys with more "masculine" features!

So people thinking of Tom Cruise as a sex symbol has always puzzled me...and Brad Pitt and Johny Depp are just now beginning to look interesting, now that they're over 40 and have a wrinkle or two...:lol:

I've always been this way...I remember back in kindergarten watching some other girls fight over who liked The Monkees Davy Jones the best--I preferred Mike Nesmith!

Liked the Osmonds in grade school...the *older* Osmonds--you could keep Donny!(we both liked purple though, so he wasn't all bad)

Then in high school there was the Bee Gees and Andy Gibb...Andy was ok, but his older brothers :combust:( I was particulary fascinated by this white scar that Barry Gibb has on part of his face and on his chest--spilled boiling water on himself as a child--and Maurice<r.i.p.>was the cutest bald dude in pop music...until Edge lost his hair!)

"Pretty" is mainly aimed at little girls--and some of us rebel...:giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom