Photographs from Italy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

souLnation2002

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hi Everyone! I'm back from Italy and I've finally had the opportunity to upload all my pictures and organize them. I've got a lot of pictures, so I'll be posting them in sets. I've also decided I want to enter some of these into a photo contest. The two categories I'm planning enter are Monuments/Architectural Features/Cityscapes and Landscapes/Scenic. I'd appreciate if you gave me input on which picture you'd think would be best for the appropriate category. Thanks! :)

The Colosseum:
100_2990.jpg

100_2983.jpg

100_2981.jpg

100_2972.jpg

100_2957.jpg

Vatican City:
d1cab68b.jpg

e8927bad.jpg

3f960b34.jpg

83e61c4e.jpg

A bird with a leaf in her mouth- or you can look at it as the dove with the olive branch. Either way works.
ada16491.jpg

View from the hotel room in Florence:
100_3339.jpg

Directions to see David:
100_3369.jpg

100_3369.jpg

My good picture of David (you weren't suspose to take pictures ?.?):
100_3380.jpg

Hi Souly! :wave: Nice to see you back!

souLnation2002 said:

This photo is absolutely stunning. The walkway is in the shape of a massive cross, intentional or not it is a powerful picture of the colleseum.

Any of those pictures of Pisa deserve an award, they are perfect! I love the one of the steps and then the one of tge light on the walls. :applaud:

Michelangelo's Pieta is one of the most moving sculptures I've ever seen in my life. I saw it in Quebec a long time ago. So powerful.

100_3852.jpg

This picture reminds me of the Italy I saw on the train- riding up north to the alps/lake district. :yes:

Beautiful photos, I can't wait to see more!! :hug: :D

Wauh! Really beautiful pics souLnation!!! :yes:

This is really bringing back memories of some wonderful holidays I've had - I've been to the exact same places except for Venice! :D

Italy is a very beautilful country - you just have to watch out for the cars (they drive like crazy! :huh: ) and the men (they do the strangest things when you're blond and speak a northern european language :ohmy: )! :lol:

My fav's are - it's hard to choose, but...:

100_3858.jpg

^^Really beautiful sunset...

100_3278.jpg

^^ I like the angle of this pic and the idea the not all pictures of it have to show how it's leaning...

100_3042.jpg

^^That view is fantastic... But to climb those stairs :no: Never again! Next time I'll take the lift! :lol:

:applaud: :happy: Thanks for sharing, souly! Great pics! Looks like you had a wonderful trip! :)

Olive, Kitty, Madonna's Child- Thank you for your comments! :)

Mrs. S - You'll make it one day! Don't worry :hug:

Merc- I wish they had an elevator going up! Unfortunatly I don't think they ever will. :| The stairways are too narrow, and I doubt they'll be able to fit an elevator in. Climbing up was difficult. You've already got the heat of the day, mixed with the body heat of all the other people climbing up as well, and all in a small cramped space. If you're claustraphobic (like my friend), I don't think you'd be able to make the climb. The view is definatly worth it though. :up:

Last edited:
souLnation2002 said:
Merc- I wish they had an elevator going up! Unfortunatly I don't think they ever will. :| The stairways are too narrow, and I doubt they'll be able to fit an elevator in. Climbing up was difficult. You've already got the heat of the day, mixed with the body heat of all the other people climbing up as well, and all in a small cramped space. If you're claustraphobic (like my friend), I don't think you'd be able to make the climb. The view is definatly worth it though. :up:

Yeah, I know - "funny" enough my friend who was in Rome with me is also claustraphobic :huh: I talked her into climbing those stairs *and* riding the metro in Rome in the morning rush-hour! :ohmy: I have do idea how I did it... :lol:

BTW, I also like the pic of the seagull on the pole :up: You're a very good photographer - keep up the good work! :D

Merc said:

Yeah, I know - "funny" enough my friend who was in Rome with me is also claustraphobic :huh: I talked her into climbing those stairs *and* riding the metro in Rome in the morning rush-hour! :ohmy: I have do idea how I did it... :lol:

The metro in Rome is horrible. All the carts are graffitied, there's no air conditioning and it stinks. As I was riding on the subway I was suddenly grateful for the TTC here in Toronto :bow:

Merc said:

BTW, I also like the pic of the seagull on the pole :up: You're a very good photographer - keep up the good work! :D

Thank you!

souLnation2002 said:

The metro in Rome is horrible. All the carts are graffitied, there's no air conditioning and it stinks. As I was riding on the subway I was suddenly grateful for the TTC here in Toronto :bow:

:yes: - we were saying the same thing about our metro (even though it can be very irregular :tsk: - but, then again, it's built in Italy, so what would you expect?! :lol: ) when we saw the one in Rome! In the morning they actually had some metro-people to push the passengers together so the doors would close! :ohmy:

Great pictures! Reminds me of when I was in Rome :D

You took pictures in the Sistine Chapel :shame: LOL I got in trouble for using my camcorder in there....but then I just put it down next to my hips and kept filming LOL

Yeah the metro in Rome was :ohmy: I loved the signs that said "Watch out for pick pockets" I was like clinging on to my backpack everytime we went on there and peering at everyone suspiciously LOL

great photos,
reminds me of my trips to Italy, it's just that when I was in Pisa, the tower was closed for tourists,
you're lucky!

Back
Top Bottom