Photobucket problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Advah

War Child
Hi folks!

As some of you have a Photobucket account, maybe you'll be able to help me.

Since a few days, I can't even access the main Photobucket page, and I can't see any pic which is uploaded in Photobucket (including my advatar and my sig on forums:| ). But it seems that other people see them.

Does it also happen to you? And do you know if there's something wrong in my IE configuration maybe? (although I didn't change anything recently)

Thanks
Advah :)

Edit: interesting, I can see my advatar on this forum..

I had such a problem a while ago, but I could acces the photobucket homepage.

My firewall from Norton blocked everything, and when I changed to some other firewall (and antivirus) the problem was fixed. :) Maybe that's the problem. (In the beginning my firewall of Norton blocked nothing (pics, etc), but after a few weeks it started to act weird, including blocking things. :huh:)

And if this isn't it, maybe IE blocks everything from photobucket, including the site. I know that there's such an option in IE, but I don't know where it is exactly. (I don't use IE anymore, I had to much trouble with it. :()

I hope this will help you. :)

I think so, thanks a lot Roelie! :)

I'll check my Norton antivirus/Zone Alarm firewall/IE settings right now.

That's a good idea. The weird thing in the story is that everybody can see my pics and access Photobucket but me.:eyebrow:

Kelly, since I can't access the page, could you give me their email address please?

Thanks a lot for your help ladies!:hug:

I can currently access Photobucket. It's strange, because I'm having trouble with my anti-virus software. There's alot of computer stuff I'll never figure out, no matter how much I manage to learn.

So. I finally called my ISP today, and a lovely-voiced lady told me that indeed, Wanadoohad stopped all traffic with sites hosted by (if I understood) Cogent or something sounding like that, cause they didn't respect some Internet rules. As long as these sites don't change their 'behaviour' the situation will remain like that.
She added "no no no don't change anything to your settings, it's normal, we receive many phone calls from worried customers!".
Yeah, Wanadoo you :censored: , it would have been simple to send an e-mail to the customers to let them know about that! Moreover this phone call was overpriced. :mad:

So now I have to wait and hope that one day I'll have access to my Photobucket album again.:|

Thanks to all for your help! :)

I hope too, thanks. :)

At first I thought it impossible to go for even a week without YSI (access blocked as well).
But actually the most difficult is that I can't see the pics in the Caption thread.:| This is like torture!!! I have to imagine what the pics look like when I read the captions lol! (maybe it's a sign that I'm addicted..)

Gloria!
I searched on some sites (it seems that I'm not the only person complaining!) aaand... I'm using a proxy and it's working! That way I can access YSI and Photobucket, woohoo!:dancing:

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have Caption pages to read!:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom