Photobucket is driving me mad!! What am I doing wrong ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgespet

Refugee
I know this isn't the right forum for this, but I couldn't remember where to put it & I figured you ladies should be able to help me. Every time I try to save a pic to Photobucket-from anywhere-it refuses to save it, saying it's an invalid format. Has PB changed the way it works? What am I doing wrong? This is driving me absolutely insane!!!! :rant: :crazy:

I have been having the same problem with my Adobe photoshop! Every time I try to open a pic to work on, it tells me it can't because it cannot recognize the file extension! :scream: I have even tried opening the pic in paint and resaving it to see if that was the problem, but it wasn't! :crazy: I know sometimes extensions are invalid, like ART files, and the ones I save from Yahoo news always are until I open then in IE and resave them, then they turn into real jpegs. Sometimes rebooting the computer helps and it will recognize the extensions again. Sometimes not. My problem has to be my computer since the pics I'm using are already saved. I hope you can get yours to work. :hug:

Edgespet said:
I know this isn't the right forum for this, but I couldn't remember where to put it & I figured you ladies should be able to help me. Every time I try to save a pic to Photobucket-from anywhere-it refuses to save it, saying it's an invalid format. Has PB changed the way it works? What am I doing wrong? This is driving me absolutely insane!!!! :rant: :crazy:

Is it the picture file names maybe? Photobucket won't save pics with symbols in them (like % or * ). If you uncheck the box that says "keep picture names" photobucket will rename the picture for you and it sometimes goes alot quicker.

Maybe the site is down. Boomspeed was doing that to us a couple weeks ago, then when they came back up, our pics were gone! :scream: Most of them eventually showed back up, but not all. Do they have a support guy you can email?

At the moment it is working again. They said they were having problems with unusual traffic patterns(?) last night. That is why a lot of us haven't been posting pics.

I noticed Photobucket users on the history forum I go to had all their pics disappear last night but most of them are back now.

Yeah, last night I wanted to upload some pics and that took me ages. And after like 10 minutes an error message appeared and that was it. No more uploading for me. Today it's pretty slow but I could finally upload the pics. :shrug:

*looks at sig* I'm growing to loathe that red x.

I get a 404 Error message every time I try to log in. Then I get scared and close the window rapidly. :shrug:

OK this may seem like a random question, but it's related.

Look at my sig. Do you see "Burning down love" in the bottom right hand corner?
When I look at my posts, it cuts off a bit from the bottom of the pic, but when I look at my profile, the pic is in full.

Just wondering if my computer is being crap or if Photobucket is weirding out on me.

Cheers.

Lucy3011 said:
OK this may seem like a random question, but it's related.

Look at my sig. Do you see "Burning down love" in the bottom right hand corner?
When I look at my posts, it cuts off a bit from the bottom of the pic, but when I look at my profile, the pic is in full.

yes, I see it. btw, I've had some troubles with photobucket some days ago.

U2aremyfriends said:

yes, I see it. btw, I've had some troubles with photobucket some days ago.

Yeah, nobody answered me for ages so I just cropped the pic at the bottom so I knew for sure it did show.

But thanks :)

There is a limit on how big your sig can be here (unlike the other forum you're on;) ) so it automatically cuts off what is too big. If you don't see part of it that's what happened. Looks like your crop job worked! About 125 pixels in height is usually about as high as it goes before something gets cut off the bottom. There is also a file size limit, I have had gifs in my sig that mods said were too 'big' even though they were small, it was the kb that matters. The reason they limit sig size here is because a bunch of big sigs cause the forum to load too slow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom