Photobucket hassles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I can't get into my Photobucket account from this new computer. I went to the site and clicked a bunch of buttons but nothing happened. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Are you using IE? I'm guessing the new computer has XP SP2, which has the Security Center, which disabled anything even remotely resembling a pop-up ad. A lot of photo windows are treated as pop-ups, so your security settings could be blocking them. Is there a bar at the top of IE (below the address bar) that says anything about pop-ups being blocked?

My browser is IE and I also have Win XP SP2, but everything works just fine to.
Verte did you try to disable the pop-ups blocker?

Keocmb said:
Have you guys heard of Mozilla Firefox? It's like an alternative to IE and works great. It's free, too. :wink:

Yes, and I swear by it. The ONLY reason I even keep IE installed on my computer is because I use a Windows OS and the updates from Microsoft will only install via Internet Explorer.

At school/work, I tell everyone to switch to FireFox. I've never known anyone who wasn't happy or switched back.

the only downside to mozilla is that in my gmail I can't C&P anymore. I used to be able to do that and now recently, there are some new features and it won't work anymore. So I have to switch between both, depending if I want to put links into my mails :huh:

Also in gmail I can use the color function but not the highlighting one. This does work in IE however.

I still have so much figuring out to do with this new computer. It's completely different from my other one. It's a Hewlitt-Packard and has Netscape as the default browser, and AOL, but I don't like AOL so I'm running IE and Hewlitt Packard's page as my home page.

oh god, delete ALL of the AOL shit they buddle on there. Seriously, go into Add/Remove programs and start blowing stuff away. If you're not sure what's legit, send me a screen cap of your Add/Remove Programs window and I'll tell you what you need. New computers come out of the box filled with useless crap. I once did work orders where two people brought me brand spaking new Dell laptops and neither could access our dial-up service. Both had spyware on them! put on there by Dell. These days, a place will sell you a computer and even offer to remove all the shit for you....for an extra charge of course. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom