phonetically

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you!
Okay, good to know that's how i was saying it! But sometimes my mouth won't let it come out that way and it ends up sounding like spanish. :laugh: Even though English is my first language :laugh:

Must be easier in an Aussie accent. :)

I just say it " Plee-bans" ... not like 'Ray Bans' but .... um...how do you write an accent :huh: ?

Plee-b'ns

:up: ~Ultra

I pronounce it Pleb-uh (with the E like the E in Edge as above)

:shrug: probably becuase when I was a kid, my mum used to call people she didn't like 'plebs'. And I always thought the word Pleba was really funny because of that

from dictionary.co.uk:
PLEB:
noun {C} INFORMAL DISAPPROVING
a person of a low social class

PLEBBY:
adjective INFORMAL DISAPPROVING
- I can't bear her plebby friends.

from dictionary.com:
PLEB:
n.
A commoner; a plebeian.
[Short for plebeian, or perhaps back-formation from plebs.]

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

PLEB:
n : one of the common people [syn: plebeian]

:lmao::shifty:

But I know that when I met Meggie, she pronounced it Plee-ba. And she said that her English boyfriend pronounced it Pleb-uh like me. So maybe the Pleb-uh pronounciation is more of a British version, and the Plee-ba one is more American :hmm:

Last edited:
:lmao: Bammo2!!!

The "plebs" thing- that's exactly why I go for pleeba, because I don't want it to sound like we're a bunch of PLEBS (lucky the bass player's the older bro, hey)

:wink: ~Ultra

UltraVelvet said:
Must be easier in an Aussie accent. :)

I just say it " Plee-bans" ... not like 'Ray Bans' but .... um...how do you write an accent :huh: ?

Plee-b'ns

:up: ~Ultra

Things always sound so much better with an Australian accent.

mmm, plee-buns

BLEAP
I think that would more describe the content, eh?

explanation for those who haven't got it yet: you know on tv when they bleep something 'cause its dirty? It's like that, 'cause pleba is dirty. See?

Back
Top Bottom